The matoran of Cryla Nui

Whilst building my toa Chiara model (which i just need to do a bricklink order on), gathering info on her, looking at other peoples interpretations of her, it is kinda obvious that she has no backstory what so ever , minus that she killed a couple of spiders
but my children - i am currently in process of writing one, at least a sort of serial style thing
which is no-where near finished!!!
however whilst writing my little story i did try to create some of the characters that live on Chiara’s home island
so i present the MATORAN OF CRYLA NUI
idk they might be good or nah - i’ll shut up now

1. Kaitok

The guard often spotted at the village gates, Kaitok was one of the first matoran ever created, in which the Great-beings where…a little experimental. He often has trouble moving and is regarded as sort of a grandfather to every-one in the village. So when their turaga was killed in the visorak massacre, it was only to fitting that Kaitok was made honorary turaga. He is a friend to all and an avid stargazer, often contemplating his existence and purpose in the world.
    (he is also a fully custom build that i am very proud of!!)

Rylon is a lost soul, a former Karzani matoran, he was banished to realm of the mad titan and experienced hell. Instead of giving him extra powers to compensate, Karzani attempted to recreate the Avohki at grant him even greater power - this failed tremendously and ended up with the mask being useless and welded onto poor Rylons face. Due to this, Rylon sees his mask as a curse and it seems to have drove him slightly mad. eventually he escaped and found his way to Cryla Nui. here he pulls his weight by hunting and harvesting. however he seems to only have 1 true friend thanks to his surly and reserved demeanour. Rylon and Kaitok are very close and are often by the fire together, telling stories of the old days

Achiss is a mystery to many on the island, found unconscious on a dirt track in the middle of a great storm, he owe’s the village his life. he has limited fire power, coming from his shield of which he is very protective of. He disapproves of Kaitok as a leader, believing himself to be a better choice and butts heads a lot with Rhyla. He is a fierce warrior and will not hesitate in battle. he is rash and headstrong, but sullen and withdrawn at the same time. He also has a stange habit of wandering of at night, and coming back shaking and scared, keep an eye on this one
he feels like trouble

i dont really have much on him…err he is call Tione - he has a shield and was saved by Chiara from the visorak.
thats all i got

Rhyla is a friendly loner in the village. She is fearless in battle and close friend of Chiara. she wields a pair of daggers and knows how to use them. A little feisty at times but a loyal friend, she is fascinated by the ocean and will disappear for days at a time studying and enjoying the sea - yet her destiny is calling to her - but will she answer it?
(btw i am also considering her to be my self-moc)

aaaand boom thats it - lemme know what y’all think C&C appreciated and peace out im gonna go eat dinner!

12 Likes

These are pretty cool. I like the teal on gamatoran so that is a plus. I also like some of them having different builds.

3 Likes

They’re simple but they have an enjoyably G1-ish aesthetic.

1 Like

neat, little Matoran builds like these are always nice.

1 Like

Heyzorks explains it well, they have a really good g1 vibe. Nice job and creativity

1 Like