The Mind Flayer

“He likes it cold.”

I just finished Stranger Things 3, and I had to do something. It’s pretty basic, but I think it gets the job done.

36 Likes

I love this.

1 Like

Glad you like it!

Very spooky

1 Like

I can’t really tell what it’s supposed to be, but it’s awesome.

1 Like

It’s the villain from Stranger Things; a giant shadow monster from another dimension.

1 Like

Definitely resembles the source, and looks cool! Despite the fixed pieces, you managed to actually make them look curved, which is awesome!

Still haven’t finished the fourth episode

1 Like

The head looks really good, nice!

1 Like

So funny story about the Mind Flayer.

I got a plushie of it for Christmas last year. It’s small and kinda cute. One day I decided to to research it out of curiosity. Imagine my surpise when this cute little thing was actually a towering shadow demon!

Anyway, this moc is great. Perfectly represents the creepy nature of the creature.

2 Likes

That’s hilarious! Make sure it doesn’t move around when you aren’t looking😳

2 Likes

Really nice shaping on the head.

1 Like

Never really thought I’d see a Mind Flayer moc…
Fairly basic, but I think that’s primarily just a flaw in the Mind Flayer’s concept, being a looming lovecraftian terror and all.
I really fancy how the head was done.

1 Like

Thanks!

I’ve seen one other one, but it was when I when I was searching for references for my own. I also built a demogorgon last year, if you’re interested. But yeah, the design isnt really complex and I was running out of black pieces. Thanks for the feedback! I’m happy the heads getting good reception.

1 Like