The Mobile Site

so why don’t they let us make one as a fan project?

The layout lags so much.
Also when I type stuff I can’t read what I type because my keyboard blocks the typing box.

1 Like

I use the site a lot on my kindle.

Pretty much everything works perfectly except quoting

It’s bad on the phone but great on the iPad.

1 Like

I usually use my computer, but when I’m out and about (like atm), I use my iPhone 4 withe the Google app. Since the site was updated, it seems to work fine for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Listen, if you know of a mobile developer who will create an app for us for free then we’re totally up for it.

Otherwise, it’s a huge deal to build an app and that’s not something that would be worth it for us.

2 Likes

Coming from a person who is here 90% of the time on my phone, checking mass messages can be very difficult. As a mod, we get notified in a message anytime any of you troublemakers do something dumb (flag worthy) so when I’m, say, camping for a weekend, the 40+ mssg notifications are rather hard to sort through on mobile.

Now, don’t even get me started on having those 40+ plus messages and having 1 blue notification pop up, it can be very hard to dig up.

Alright mobile rant over

3 Likes

yeah accessing this site from my phone sucks so much. I still do it anyways, but some days I wish there was an alternate mobile version.

i know how difficult it is to create an app, as i am a hobby developer.
all i’m saying is, that we might be able to pull it off through an open source project

It’s a huge pain on desktop too…

2 Likes

I never have any problems on mobile.

Seriously, where are you all getting these from? I find it just fine.

I agree here. I could only ever access the site via mobile for a few weeks.

Its clunky, hard to use, and takes forever to load. I rather the cast make an app so its easier for people on the go or not near a personal computer.

2 Likes

There’s only one small problem: apps cost $$$. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Why can’t they put adds on it like the website and other apps do? We should get back on topic though.

A mobile app still has a substantial upfront cost for development. As it is, if I’m not mistaken, TTV is losing money with the Boards. I don’t think ads would be economically viable.

1 Like

True dat

Mobile is actually the only way I ever use the boards. Everything I post is on mobile and I’ll admit posting Mocs and creations is a bit annoying

2 Likes

I’d just like to give a :thumbsup: to whoever’s been working on the mobile site lately, the recent roll out basically un-broke everything, the loading times, the backgrounds in the Lego category, I think it’s even fixed that badge glitch, seriously, great work.

4 Likes

that’d be @Jon and @IllustriousVar

praise them

3 Likes