The new Cartoon Network

Most of the shows I’ve seen are dumb. I’m a big fan of regular show though. Adventure time and Steven universe fall into the category of shows that aren’t bad but aren’t that good. Granted, I’ve only seen half of an episode of Steven universe while at the dentist. Anything other than those three shows are meh. If you want to talk about bad television make a nicolodian topic. Now that korra is done I don’t think they have any hope…

@Stoax Yeah, Hannah Barbara shows were also really great.

@Calvatron @Corex11 @helryx
As someone who consumes a fair amount of entertainment media, it becomes increasingly common for me to become cynical and critical of new shows .
However, Steven Universe is one such show that after casually watching two episodes with a total runtime of twenty minutes, I was very interested in watching more.

Every now and then, shows like Gravity Falls, Adventure time, and Steven Universe manage to capture my interest and praise. All of the aforementioned shows do a bang-up job of creating that giddy childhood feeling of wonderment, growth, adventure, and love.
Steven Universe, now, is a show so jam packed with love that you can’t help but enjoy it, regardless of age. It explores a multitude of themes, and is subtle in its execution of them. The script is well-written, thought out, and flows very naturally. The humour is also pretty smart, and the action sequences are really well choreographed. Best of all though, the show’s visuals and its soundtrack are beautiful.

I could sit here for hours giving this show all the praise it deserves, but instead I’m simply going to leave you with the recommendation to at least give it a try.
Watch an episode or two. I guarantee you’ll enjoy the experience.

5 Likes

I don’t have cable.

Therefore, I have almost no idea what you all are talking about.

Ha ha.

I don’t watch TV much anyway.

10 Likes

Yeah, your totally right. Steven Universe was actually pretty interesting. I’ve got a long line of shows to watch, but it’s definitely on the list.

@BioRaiders532 , get over here and make an intellectual statement.

please

3 Likes

He’s on hiatus from the boards last i checked

3 Likes

Wow, didn’t think I’d see a topic like this.

Anyways, I watch a good amount of animation reviewers on YouTube (that I trust) and I have watched some of the new stuff CN and Nickelodeon have been putting out.

I can safely say new CN is doing good. Yes, there are some blunders like CN failing to cancel Teen Titans Go (This show has really started sucking guys. Technically it has always sucked, but that is besides the point). But you have to give new CN points for trying new stuff.

On a side note: Nickelodeon on the other hand, is going down hill fast. They are still running Spongebob and are now pulling stuff from the internet… That does not translate into 30 minute air time.

2 Likes

I can totally understand this, considering the wasted potential it had one long ago.

Bro, do you even watch it?

3 Likes

Fun fact: Rebecca Sugar, creator for SU, was a storyboard writer for Adventure time.
She wrote the scripts for the episodes “The Nightosphere” and “Simon & Marcy”, among a few more. In my opinion, the best episodes of Adventure time were the ones she worked on, and it absolutely blew my mind when I found out she was responsible for them, and SU.

Yeah, I knew about Rebecca Sugar, but the thing is, Steven Universe has been like, meticulously planned out.

Adventure Time was just sorta “YOLO’d” after a while

5 Likes

Aye, that’s what ya get when something is worked on by as many people as Adventure Time is. The show has less of an over-arching storyline and has very little point A to point B progression. Most episodes in the series are self-contained episodic works.

Now, if that appeals to you, Adventure Time is a great show. The writing is fun and clever, and everything else about it is very /click click/, but otherwise, it’s wasted potential.
A lot of the best story arcs in Adventure are rarely explored, and it’s so chill about everything that you tend to get bored of it after a while.

Steven Universe, on the other hand, does an excellent job of pacing it’s storyline. Even the non-plot heavy episodes have some plot-significance, usually in the form of recurring jokes, and do a great job of keeping you glued to the screen for more.

Wait… was Sym-Bionic Titan on the new CN?

(if so, I’ve also watched that :smile:)

5 Likes

[quote=“WajKnight, post:32, topic:8384”]
Wait… was Sym-Bionic Titan on the new CN?
[/quote]

6 Likes

I only really watch Steven Universe, Adventure Time, and Regular Show.

Though I have cable, I never atch Cartoon Network anymore. Not becuse I’m older, but because I don’t really wan t. I do like their newer show for the most part. Amazing world of Gumball is pretty funny. I also like regular show and Adventure Time. I just don’t want to. It’s a me problem. :smile:

2 Likes

I just watched the first episode of Steven Universe and hated it. It seemed like every other cartoon out there right now

2 Likes

I have to agree. It seems very mediocre. As with @Calvatron , I’ve only seen the first episode, and I wasn’t a fan.

1 Like

The show starts really slow.
Just follow the story, it makes the series 10x better.

3 Likes

I’ll watch a little more, but I’m not dedicating a large amount of time to something that might become good later on

1 Like

It was yolo when it began, then they decided to put a story in it, then they wanted to stretch it out, and now it’s back to yolo :smile: