The new Cartoon Network

Everybody gives the new Cartoon Network a lot of flack for not being as good as its predecessor, but I really like it. Even though it may not have as many shows as it used to, some of the few that ARE airing are great.

Every now and then, I’d watch an episode or two of certain shows with my brother. When given the chance, some of the current programming really shines.
Shows like Steven Universe, Adventure time, Regular show, and even The Amazing World of Gumball do an amazing job of capturing its audiences’ attention and recreating that childhood feeling of wonderment and adventure.

So what are you guys’ opinion on the new CN? If you happen to like it, which are your favourite shows currently airing?

6 Likes

I don’t like it at ALL. I stopped watching it after they cancelled Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and Chowder.

I’d much rather watch Gravity Falls. I don’t like Cartoon Network shows nowadays because they make things feel awkward. Gravity Falls has brilliant (but odd) ways that work hard to make me laugh, and it succeeds,

4 Likes

The only thing I actually watch. I love it to death, BTW.

8 Likes

@Chronicler
Yeah, Gravity Falls is probably the best cartoon currently airing. It’s smart, well-written and funny. Only problem is that its release schedule is about as consistent as good music on the radio.
@Nyran
pearl is best gem 10/10

2 Likes

My kindred spirit.

Nah man, Garnet is best! :smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

The only shows that I’ve seen from the new CN would be Steven Universe, Clarence, and I guess Over the Garden Wall too… (I’m pretty sure that aired on CN)

2 Likes

Yeah, I heard those shows were pretty good too, never saw them myself.
also,

->implying any gem but pearl can be best gem

2 Likes

I just binged SU last weekend.

Amethyst is obviously best gem.

1 Like

Oh yeah, forgot about this masterpiece.

Yeah watched this too.

2 Likes

New CN may not have the bit of stuff from the early 2000’s but It’s still better then Nick.

5 Likes

I don’t really like it, although I sorta I say sorta loosely like Teen Titans GO!, it has that awkward humor that I like, though this is my personal opinion. It does have it’s moments, like right here; they know what the fans want, so they tease us…
Pause at 00:48 to see what I’m talking about.

2 Likes

sorta killed the show for most. I just ignore and stay away from it

back on topic… the thing’s uninteresting. And since I don’t like TV much anymore… you see my point.

I hear they have transformers back?

2 Likes

Meh, I don’t watch TV in general anymore, but I never liked Cartoon Network.

[quote=“JMP, post:12, topic:8384”]
I hear they have transformers back?
[/quote]Yes.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t hate the new Cartoon Network and have found some enjoyment with some of their recent shows like Regular Show and Adventure Time. Granted, they’re not something I would watch all the time but they still are decent. However, I grew up with the Cartoon Network pre-Snyder and found it a lot more enjoyable, shows like Codename: Kids Next Door, Fosters, Ed Edd n Eddy, Billy and Mandy, etc had some clever writing and unique premises IMO. Although in the end, while some of the newer shows don’t have the brilliance in comedy that some of the older shows had, at least the shows aren’t as bad as they were during Cartoon Networks dark era (for me 08ish to early 2010, but some shows like Chowder were decent) or Nickelodeon as a whole nowadays.

7 Likes

All hail the Virtual Boy Steven universe

1 Like

Cartoon Network is like the older brother that went to college with one set of good friends, and came back with another set of drunk fratboy friends. I don’t really care and I’ll let him mind his own business.

5 Likes

I hate literally everything on Cartoon Network right now. I’m sick of the dumb humor and gross-out moments.

4 Likes

Even though there are quite few shows that don’t have that.

It seems that their humor has dumbed down, but adapted to the new child audience for some new shows, but also it seems that shows like Regular Show (my favorite <3) are directed towards a slightly more mature audience, the teens of America. They seemed to finally notice that a lot of their audience include older kids of todays age, and things like Ed Edd and Eddy wouldn’t appeal to the current trends that kids feed on. So, I don’t hate the new Cartoon Network, does’t mean I don’t think some of their shows are stupid -->UncleGrandpa<-- but I do think that it’s just a new age for cartoons.

4 Likes

New CN?
0/10
Needs more Megas XLR

2 Likes