The New Hawkhood Dilemma: Conflicts of Good and Evil(RP Topic)

"Whenever. This visit was just me, though. Thought I’d stop by on my look around to say hello. See what trouble you’re getting yourself in.

Runa followed her quietly, trying not to cause more of a commotion than he already had.

1 Like

“oh?” He asked “Parvus head back to the base,” he ordered, to which she nods and flew up.

The woman eventually stopped by a clearly decaying structure of a building and rapped her heel against the ground three times. “ELIA!”

There was a quiet sliding movement from somewhere below. A loud click was heard and then, silence. The panel of concrete directly next to them lifted up and slid sideways.

If there was anyone who had a massive tattoo saying “I’m part of a mafia group” they might make it more obvious than Fever’s attire. A slick black hat reflected the moonlight and the dim streetlamps as two bland, glazed eyes peered out from a thick scarf.

1 Like

“Really?” Robert asks.
“You are a newspaper company, are you not? If I’m not mistaken, information about Silver Tongue has been in the papers… multiple times.” He smiled widely, although it was emotionless. “Surely you want him-or her, to be away from this city?”

1 Like

“He had me look around and scout out the new arrivals.” She tells him. “Figured I’d see if you’d found any to mess with yet.”

The red glow of Runa’s mask’s eyes accented the rest of his silver-clad face as he looked him over. “Are you Elias?” He asks calmly.

“Someone’s recently tampered with our records.” She informs him. “I’m saying you’re lucky we know who he is because his name is all we have left on our file on him.”

1 Like

Robert’s face fell into a scowl.
“Good day.” He said abruptly, turning and walking briskly out of the office. He opened the door to his car and slipped in, before slamming his fist into console.

“Go.”

The wrinkled woman smiled and hobbled off, far slower than before. As soon as she was out of sight Fever climbed out of the entrance. Runa might have seen the silhouettes of furniture inside before Fever slid the sidewalk back into place with a loud thud.

“What do you want?” There was an artificial aspect to Fever’s voice, but it didn’t seem to be intentional, if caused by him at all.

1 Like

Runa looked up at him. “Simply to meet you.” He said. “See if the rumors were true. And of course see what you knew about a certain person of interest.”

1 Like

“you know me, I need to know who I’m dealing with before I strike. The chaos is calculated, otherwise it would return to bite me. Let the newcomers make their move first, we’ll learn their capabilities… And their limits.”

1 Like

The dim, dead fish eyes suddenly lit up in a paroxysm of anger. He instinctively sidled onto the concrete slab he had opened.

“You are with the Tongue.” He growled, pulling his scarf open slightly. “You will not get to him. You will die here if you try.”

1 Like

“You know as well as I that learning their capabilities is exactly why he sent me.” She says, a hint of anger suddenly appearing in her voice. “But if that’s the case, I’ll leave you be. I have other things I need to do.”

Runa stays calm as he watches the goliath of a man. “Actually, the ‘Tongue’ as you call him is who I was inquiring about.” He says to Fever, lifting his mechanical looking hands out of his hoodie pocket to put down his hood. “Though your reaction’s piqued my interest now.”

In preparation, however, he primes his boosters, ready to dodge if need be.

1 Like

“oh I do, what better then a blank piece of paper to write your notes?” He replied sharply, continuing to siphon the power from the grid

1 Like

Runa could taste a slight taste in the air. Very, very slight - not necessarily good.

“You will not fool me.” Fever said. “You will die like the others. And I will watch.”

The sky and even the air seemed to turn somewhat green as Runa might begin to feel wobbly. In the distance, a section of the city’s lights seem to flicker and eventually go out. Fever didn’t notice. He was too busy slowly bringing on a feeling of nausea, very slowly… Watching the expressions change was key to mastering his abilities, and he was not being subtle about it.

1 Like

She leaves silently, going to find one of these new arrivals.

Runa, caught somewhat off guard, soon realized that his mask was not as airtight as he thought. He took a few steps away as he growled. “I should have known, brain and brawn rarely seem to match each other in a single man.” He said, boosting backwards a ways and flipping through the features of his suit, trying to find a way to at least lessen the amount of toxic air coming through his mask. In the meantime, he threw off his hoodie, revealing his armor underneath as his shoulder guards extended out to above his shoulders and his wings extended. He silently noted the lights going out, remembering the flickering from earlier as well, but quickly switched attention back to Fever. “I’d hoped you were better than this. Oh well, I guess I’ll know for the next one.”

As the Salesman continued to feed on power, most of the lights in the residential district would start flickering more severely, and might even start going out in some areas, quickly replaced by backup generators in the higher class areas.

1 Like

He’d suddenly feel an intense tugging of his muscles, his skin sweating rapidly, his spine beginning to twist itself into a knot. For a second which felt like ten minutes this lasted, then… It was gone.

Fever growled under his toxic breath. He’d panicked when he realized the air was leaving Runa’s system, and in the open street there was no way to funnel the air to him. The fight was lost, and Silver Tongue would surely know his location now.

He was thinking of the first places that came to mind to move to when the concrete pad started lifting up. Looking down in shock, he shouted some inarticulate word and slammed his foot down on the pad, forcing it back into place. There was a series of soft thumps from under the street.

Looking back at Runa, knowing he could put one and two together to know where Iosif was, he suddenly started running forwards, prepared to tackle him and beat the life out of him. But he had barely left the area where he was standing when he froze in place and went flying on his face, skidding in front of Runa’s feet, completely stuck.

“Iosif!!” He cried through his frozen jaw. There was a returned cry muffled by the street - it was either a woman or a child.

Iosif, with a newly formed bruise on his leg from being knocked back down the entrance and on the concrete floor, was concentrating on keeping Elias still as a means of getting back at him. “You can’t hurt me like this!” He shouted.

1 Like

Runa’s eyes darted to the noise, looking at the hole from which the noise came from. He took a step back away from Elias, knowing that from down there he could still get in a good shot, and looked on at the hole. “Care to explain what’s going on?” He asks the source of the voice, or Elias, or anyone who was willing to talk. He had his hands out, palms facing away from him, ready to fire off a shot if he needed to.

1 Like

He continues to drain, without power this less fortunate will come to me… he thought with a slight grin.

“Stay away from there!” Elias said, his eyes darting back and forth between the concrete slab entrance and Runa, who was probably looking back and forth between the slab where the noise of Iosif had originated and the immobile Elias.

2 Likes

OOC: Fixed

IC:

“Then tell me what the hell’s going on here.” Runa says, looking back and forth between the two spots. “And why you attack a person who came just to have a few questions answered.”

Eventually, even the lights near the fighting would fall dark, as would the rest of the residential area, as the power plant couldn’t supply enough power for them and Salesman.

1 Like

He kept going, aiming to suck the grid dry