The New Hawkhood Dilemma: Conflicts of Good and Evil(RP Topic)

The shoulder and back muscles of Coldblood flexed, as he quickly tore a chunk from the brick wall of a nearby building and slammed it towards Runa in an attempt to pummel him.

Runa activates Project: Gardna, getting low as the rock slams into the forcefield-shield it generates, likely tipping over him due to his comparatively low center of gravity. Runa would follow this motion with the shield-arm, and one he was at a good angle, used the rest of his boosts to throw Coldblood into the air and back, following his previous momentum.

Oni would stop once he reached a sleek looking building, likely some sort of lab. He stops Mirror, looking for an entrance. “You know what to do.” He tells her.

She nods and takes a grip on the earpiece he hands her, taking care not to lose it as she jumps into the alleyway below.

1 Like

Connor points towards his house, a grin splitting his face from ear to ear. It occurs to him that he probably looks a bit goofy to the hero, but he’s too excited to care.

Pulse waves, moving Shade in front of him. “Thank you, officers. This is the villain I was telling you about.”

Across the city, a woman in a dark coat eyes the sun, waiting for the same thing. Lauren Belmont sits at a cafe, a largely untouched cup of coffee cooling in front of her. Her attention is instead directed at her phone, where she skims through the information she had. Come nightfall, it would be time to act on it.

1 Like

Coldblood sailed high into the air, and for a fleeting moment he floated still in the sky before diving back down towards Runa. Coldblood’s claws abd fangs were viciously displayed as he attempted to “divebomb” Runa with his own body.

“Indeed.” The leading officer states, not lowering his weapon. “Now, why is the child floating?”

Mirror spies a man leaving the building for the night. Quickly, she shifts into him, before sticking the radio in her ear. “Second to top floor, west-most hall, third door on the left.” She says, before nonchalantly walking back into the building herself.

Runa waits for the beast to get close, before rolling forwards out of the way, letting him dive into the ground below.

2 Likes

Pulse shrugs, only now realizing that the cops couldn’t see Superhuman. “It’s, uh… a long story. He’s on his way home, though, so no need to worry.”

1 Like

The policeman hesitates.

“So you can’t see the comic character?” Shade grunts. “At least I wasn’t the only one.”

“Comic char-?” He starts, before a glimpse of Superhuman crosses his eyes, startling him. “Um, alright.” He continues, going to take the shadow man. “Anything in particular we should know about dealing with this…”

“Watch your next words.” Shade growls.

“…this individual.” He preemptively corrects.

Oni climbed to the top of the target building, using his tri-blades to climb up the side when he couldn’t jump high enough.

Someone glances at Mirror. “Mr. Shall, I thought you went home for the night?” She says to Mirror.

Mirror almost falters, but responds quickly. “I forgot something in my lab.” He responds. “I’ll be only a moment.”

Coldblood skidded on the ground as he landed. Then, on the ground, he began charging at Runa on all fours.

Runa would jump over him, trying to slash down his back as he ran by using X-Caliber.

Oni would reach the roof and find one of the vents, breaking it open and climbing into it.

Mirror found an elevator and started going up to the second to top floor.

1 Like

Runa was able to make a superficial cut on Coldblood’s back. Coldblood banshee screeched, ramming his elbow towards Runa’s chest.
@Runa

With graceful ease Superhuman flew low over the city of New Hawkhood, trying to hide his disdain for the city’s sour appearance. It had definitely visibly declined since the 1940s, when Superhuman first graced its sickly shores in Mighty Comics #2 alongside Billie the Bulldog as America’s favorite comic book characters.

Landing down at the proper residence - what he thought it was given Connor’s generalized pointing - he set the boy down and then gripped his shoulders, looking him in the eye. “Now make sure to stay far away from evildoers like that. They’ll only try to hurt you. And if you’re ever in danger again… Cry to the skies for Superhuman. I’ll be there.”

With a wave and a wink, he was gone, rocketing off into the air and parting the clouds in a triumphant display of speed.

…Beyond the clouds, however, Superhuman scowled in disappointment at the city. Whatever happened to Night Woman and Codex, and the rest of the Society Squad? The last adventure he partook in saw the rise of the infamous Darkeydge who threatened at least fifteen of the multiverses. Where was he now?

That youngster is probably still trying to apprehend that loathsome fiend. I’ll watch him for now, and talk to him when he’s done. I need answers.

3 Likes

Runa twisted so that the elbow didn’t hit the crystal, but the force still sent him into the air. He landed a few meters away, skidding to a halt in the street.

Mirror exited the elevator and started heading towards the room she specified. “Coast is clear.” She says into the radio to Oni, who dropped out of the vents behind Mirror and followed her through the building.

1 Like

Taking advantage of Runa’s seemingly vulnerable position, Coldblood charged straight towards him on all fours.

Runa would shoot a laser towards Coldblood’s eyes as he approached.

Mirror and Oni approached the door and opened it, looking around at the computer terminals for what they were trying to find.

1 Like

“He uses shadows when he fights,” Pulse advises, handing Shade over to the cop. “I’d recommend keeping as much light on him as you can.”

Connor nods, a wide smile still splitting his face. He waves goodbye to the superhero, standing outside for a moment to watch him fly away.

2 Likes

The policeman nods. “Got it.” He said, as other cops got out flashlights and phones and started shining them onto him as they took him away.

Oni grumbles. “You said it was here.” He says.

“His memories said this room.” Mirror responds.

Oni, frustrated, leans against a wall, which then…bent inwards. He gets off and looks at it as it opens to two sides, revealing an elevator. “Convenient.” He said as he stepped inside, carefully.

Mirror followed, and pressed the first button she saw. Suddenly, alarms started going off.

“You idiot!” Oni said as he tried to disarm the alarms, before having the elevator start downwards.

Someone who may be on the streets nearby might hear these alarms.

2 Likes

Coldblood raised up his arm to shield his face, with the blasts instead searing his arm up.
“How much longer can you keep this up?!” Coldblood grunted.
“Sooner or later, you’ll wear yourself out. After all, you’re only human.” He said with a wide monstrous grin.

1 Like

Runa dodged to the side of the (presumably) still charging Coldblood. “No more than you are.” He tells Coldblood. “And I doubt you’d say you are, unless you’re even crazier than I thought.”

1 Like

Pulse waves again, watching them leave. Once they’re gone, he leaves himself, finding a back alley and moving across the city.

Lauren drops from the same vent Oni had, smirking briefly as the alarms started to blare. There you are. She had stumbled across Oni by chance as she wandered the city. Now her decision to follow him seemed quite justified. She rushes down the hall, following the sound of voices to the terminal room. Should the elevator still be obvious, she tries to force her way in, otherwise she scans the room for where her quarry would have gone.

1 Like

She would see the doors closing, and since the elevator was going down, might find it hard to open normally.

Oni grumbles as he looks at the elevator. “Let’s hope this takes us where we need to be.”

Mirror looked up as she shifted to her base form. “I have a bad feeling.” She says. “I don’t know why, I just…do…”

1 Like