The New Hawkhood Dilemma: Conflicts of Good and Evil(RP Topic)

“Hey.”

It must have come as a bit of a surprise to hear the deep voice casually pop up behind him. Pulse wasn’t hard to track, not from the skies at least.

“Stay here.”

“Why?” Iosif leaned on the arm of the couch as he spoke. “Surely you don’t think another robot-man is going to come in here, do you?”

“Stay here.” Elias slipped the cloth over his mouth and went back out into the street.

3 Likes

Lauren’s shadow lifts from the ground, jabbing between the closing doors and forcing them apart. She slips inside, her shadow growing in the shade of the elevator shaft. The shadow shifts, forming into spider-like legs holding her aloft in the elevator shaft. She then starts descending, following the elevator down.

“Huh?” Pulse turns to see the vague shape of the other hero behind him. “Oh, hello again. What can I do for you?”

1 Like

Superhuman slowly floats to the ground.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t get a proper chance to introduce myself. Duty before pleasantries, after all.” He gave a soft salute. “The name’s Superhuman, the ebony avenger.”

“I, um, mostly wanted to talk for a moment.” Superhuman paused uncomfortably. “There’s been a bit of a mix-up or something with my memory… When did New Hawkhood get so gloomy?”

3 Likes

The elevator makes it to the bottom, where it opens, revealing a large computer at the other end of the room.

Oni smiles under his mask. “This is a good sign.” He says, slipping out of the elevator, Mirror in tow, and going to look at the machine.

1 Like

“Superhuman, right.” Pulse nods, mimicking the salute. “I go by Pulse; don’t know if I ever got the chance to introduce myself. As for the city…” he looks about with a shrug. “Can’t say I know. I’m new around here.”

Lauren lands on the elevator with a notable thud, her shadow moving about and trying to find a way through the top of the elevator.

1 Like

Superhuman rubbed his chin. “I was hoping you might have some information about the Society Squad. Without Codex it’s going to be hard to get back into headquarters…”

“Tell me,” He said, suddenly changing his tone. “Why did you decide to become a hero?”

3 Likes

“I, uh…” Pulse falters, having never heard of a ‘Society Squad’ or ‘Codex’. “My, uh, parents were heroes,” he admits. “They were great people with special powers and they wanted to help where they could. I guess they raised me to feel the same way, so… well, here I am. What about you?”

2 Likes

Mirror hears it, and turns to face the elevator. “Hinata, we have company.” She says solemnly.

He sighs as he continues looking. “And this is another reason I asked for your help.” He pulls out one of his Tri-Blades, into his offhand. “Don’t let them get to this machine. If they damage it, it will not end well.”

Her shadow would likely find the hatch on top, like many elevators(seem to) have for maintenance and such.

1 Like

“My parents were…” Superhuman begins, before smiling and looking down at Pulse. “Well, they were valiant and always stood for what was right. It look me a long time to learn vengeance is an endless cycle, and even longer to leave the cycle itself.”

“When we were taking down that fellow, he didn’t seem to notice me at first. Made some remark about a ‘comic character’ as I flew off with the lad. Any idea what he’s referring to?”

3 Likes

Her shadow pulls the hatch open, slipping through it and pooling ominously in the elevator below. She drops inside the shadow, pulling her baton from her back.

“Hey there, don’t mind if I drop in, do you?” The shadow begins to spread beyond the door, tendrils reaching along the walls and ceiling.

OOC: There wouldn’t happen to be a light switch, now would there?

“Can’t say I do,” Pulse admits. “Though I had a hard time seeing you too, at first. You’re, uh, still a bit hazy, to be perfectly honest. I take it that isn’t a part of your usual powers?”

1 Like

OOC: Yes, but it’s currently off, since people went home for the night and stuff.

There’s also a giant screen, fyi.

IC: Oni kept looking frantically, until he found what seemed to be a very important component for the computer. He starts to unhook it.

Mirror stares at her. “I don’t know, do you play nice?” She asks, looking for her main body anywhere she could.

1 Like

Superhuman looked at Pulse out of the corner of his eye. Could it be Doctor Dreamer? No, he’s been killed, and Night Woman killed his soul when she traveled to the afterlife.

“…No, I can’t say that is.” Superhuman looked down at his body to make sure he could see himself. Yep, he was there. “The boy managed to see me immediately - it was his presence which drew my attention.”

3 Likes

OOC: Oh, works for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

IC: “Oh, I can. But I’m getting the feeling that you don’t.” The core of the shadows are centered around the elevator, slowly billowing outwards. More tendrils reach out, until they spiderweb around Lauren’s side of the room.

Pulse nods, rubbing his chin with one hand. “That’s… interesting. He didn’t have any powers, right? Nothing seemed apparent to me.”

2 Likes

“We can, too. Unless you’re here to stop us. We can’t really do that, sorry.” She says, straining her eyes(if you could call them that) to try and see a body in those shadows.

Oni tried to work hurriedly, but knew that if he messed anything up, the whole operation would be a bust, so he still had to work slowly and carefully.

1 Like

“No, just an average young lad…”

“…A mystery we will have to ponder upon. Well, promise me you’ll cry for my attention if you’re in any trouble, all right? I’ll come flying to wherever you are to provide aid!”

Posing heroically, Superhuman may noticeably fade a little if Pulse doubted the validity of the multimillion dollar media icon’s speedy arrival.

2 Likes

Lauren chuckles darkly, the sound coming from right around where the elevator was.

“That’s funny, that’s why I’m here. Don’t know what you’re up to, but it’s not good. How about you put down the computer and everyone stays happy?” The spiderweb of shadows looms ominously in the dim light of the computer screen.

“Right, right.” Pulse raises his hand in another salute. “I’ll, uh, give you a call if I need anything.” Superhuman fades slightly as Pulse doubts whether or not the other hero’s claim is possible. “Stay safe out there.”

The Crimson Blade continued to watch the candidate from his hiding place.

“So so sorry, but we can’t.” Mirror says. “Boss has us making this thing, and we need that thing to create this thing, otherwise the whole thing doesn’t thing right, and the whole thing just becomes a mess.” She explains. “But if you come out here and discuss it with us, maybe we can reach a compromise?”

A news team would enter the building and start setting up for an interview with Mr. Fitzgerald.

1 Like

“You would love that, wouldn’t you?” Lauren retorts with another chuckle. “No, I don’t think I will. Let’s try this instead.” The shadows move, tendrils whipping about and reaching to ensnare Mirror. Should they make contact, they would feel cool and soft, like clouds, though far more solid.

Mirror backflips away, floating down to touch the ground a little ways away. “Well, little miss anti-sunshine, if that’s the way you want to play.” She says, before charging at the large blob of shadow in the elevator.

Oni, carefully, disconnects the computer component and stuffs it into his jacket pocket, sealing it up. He takes a quick glance over the rest of the computer, taking a few other small things, before he pulls the plug, causing the room to go almost pitch black.

1 Like