The Nexo Knights Topic

So close, yet so far... ######This in Germany btw.
5 Likes

Well, that’s great for Germany. XP

2 Likes

Is it worth getting into this theme this late in the game? I know the next wave is coming out really soon, but I might pick up The Fortex.

1 Like

Well, Nexo knights will likely be around here for three-ish years depending on how successful it is, so you are fairly early. I would say go for it.

Put simply, no, it is not…

… and This^ is why it isn’t too late to get into it. I got The Fortrex a week ago, and I highly recommend getting it if you are able to do so.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Why do you dislike Nexo Knights?

http://res.cloudinary.com/dorling-kindersley/image/upload/DK/0e758582d0754089a56d3faca86476a8/b1f0d8736c534a74866e254daac83399.png

8 Likes

Cool, I’m a little disappointed he’s not in his holographic form but I guess it could not have been possible to create a fully translucent minifigure.

he is missing his wizard staff.

Boo

0/10

/s

but really, this book seems to be like Legend of Chima’s book of CHI

ps, still not manadge to find an english copy, nor heard from Ameet after i send them that email.

Got Infernox Captures the Queen, The King’s Mech, and the Knighton Battle Pack today!

The King and Queen are just the best! I love the way they look together, especially when surrounded by the robot knights and squirebots.

Oh yeah, the mech and monster are good, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

What happened with this theme? There was like, so much hype for it and- where did it go? With the rise of the summer sets I thought people would have been making a bigger deal about it.

3 Likes

The lackluster TV season and irrational “ITZ TAKING BONKLES SPOTLIGT” movement managed to dwindle that, to my understanding.

That said, looking forward to most all the larger sets this wave

Ninjago takes priority, though.

4 Likes

What was wrong with the TV show so far?

I saw only the first episode when it first premiered. I don’t care if you spoil stuff for me.

1 Like

something i will give Nexo Knights credits for is that unlike Chima it does have army building sets which was something Chima never had, instead it re-used many of its characters over and over again to fill out the ranks for the sets, which is odd given how they did have consepts for many different minifigures and they did have nameless army building characters:

heck even the tv show had nameless soldiers, unlike Ninjago, which copied many of the scouts, soldiers and warriors to fill out the numbers of the serpentines.

As Lego’s shows go, I can honestly say Nexo Knights was objectively better than most (including Chima and Bionicle journey to one), and close to ninjago (though I dunno about recent seasons of ninjago).

2 Likes

Then why does everyone keep saying it’s subpar? I know that it’s actually just an opinion, but the general consensus I see is that it’s bad.

My issues lie in comedy that I do not find terribly funny

and characterization that is somehow both inconsistent and repetitive

to this end, I cite that the motions made in episodes 3 and 4 of the series are basically the same, minus the addition of a background plot in the form of the Villains’ actions

None of our five leads paint a very good picture of themselves either

Axl just wants to eat food and make food, by the looks of it. He has no business being a knight. like, why is he here?

Clay is unlikable in how he prattles on and on about the code, yet it doesn’t really seem to play any major part in the actions they partake in.

Lance has no business being a knight.

Macy is ok, as far as I’m concerned. Dedicated to the cause, but flawed in her insecurities and desire to prove herself.

Aaron’s whole motivation can be boiled down to thrill seeking. That is not an engaging character that I want to follow.

I don’t mind the secondary cast. Robin, Ava, and even Merlok are likable enough

and the Villains deliver the best comedy in the series, as well as a wonderfully shaped dynamic, with a promise for more development next season.

To simplify: I like basically everything that isn’t our core heroes, and having subpar core heroes is a very bad thing for a show.

7 Likes

And also I looked into it a little more: when you get that Nexo Power up with the orange lights, you basically become OP as it can get. What are they, Super Sayians?

It basically boils down to the Villains never being a real threat

the only time they do get an upper hand over the knights for any lasting duration is when either A. The knights don’t know about their actions(such as in The Black Knight, where only Robin is aware of what is happening and tries to proactively stop it) or B. when they cut off the knights’ access to Merlok’s technomancy.

1 Like

il suggest that you watch the merlok 2.0 app only episode “knight of the realm” its an origin story episode that explain the main heroes reason to become Knights, weather its a good episode or not is up to you.

also the tv show has the problem of “one time only power” which is a complaint that fits the villains, given how the power of the magic books are only used in one episode and then is never used again, like with the book in “knights of the realm” which is the book of anger, which causes the monster to become, well, angry (and apparently the nexo powers that the knight used did not work on the monsters after they became enraged for some reason), like i said, after that book was introduced, its power was never used again.

1 Like