The Official Spider-Man appreciation topic

Do not even speak that show’s name! It’s a disgrace to all things Spider-Man!

uh… spiderman unlimited?

I didn’t really like that show… It was way too weird for me. I couldn’t really handle it.

The costume for Spider-Man was cool, though.

1 Like

spectacular spiderman then?

2 Likes

Oh, I love that show! (Personally, I think it was the best Spider-Man show out there)

1 Like

Reviving this topic because the new Spidey has been announced.
I’m all for Tom Holland as Peter Parker, and, once he goes through Marvel’s signature physical transformation, probably a good Spider-Man.

4 Likes

I’m surprised you would say this is the worst of the bunch. I like it way better than 90’s spider man.

Now were talking.

What I wanna see is the Japanese live action spider man series.

1 Like

Honestly,for all its(many, many) faults, I personally enjoyed the 90s Animated series.

Most of it is rose colored Nostalgia Goggles, but at the same time, I dunno. I liked it.

However, Ultimate Spider Man fails to reel me in.

Most of it has to do with the style of pausing the show, literally, for a joke being not quite suitable for an action series. seems more fitting for a Comedy. Hell, this is literally the same style of stopping as seen in Family Guy or Saved by the Bell.

1 Like

True, true. I personally don’t like its every other episode is a crossover formula

1 Like

Pretty sure it took till like, season 2, for him to even face a villain from his own Rouge’s Gallery.

2 Likes

hey hey guis

japanese spiderman

Wait!? Is this a common term? Not just Flash’s villains!?

or the bat’s villains

it usually means the group of enemies a hero faces if there’s alot

1 Like

Yeah, Ultimate Spider-Man is childish and lame. I can’t even bear to watch that show after watching the first whole season. It’s pace for story is slow, and the filler is mostly jokes and sad action, only using stupid villains like The Trapster (which is originally known as Paste Pot Pete) and Batroc on a regular basis.

And when they use a major villain, it’s not always Spider-Man’s. They were more eager to show villains like The Frightful Four or Taskmaster. Whether this was for them to distract us while the Green Goblin was built up, I don’t know. But if they want to grab the attention of younger kids, show how awesome you can make the classic villains!

Their portrayals of Doc Ock, Electro, Lizard, and even Green Goblin really are downsized to how Spectacular Spider-man did them. They feel like they’re forced to act evil in Ultimate, but in Spectacular, it makes them feel that every thread of their inner being is evil.

Oh, and I hate the re-imaginings of most of the villains, too. primarily Goblin, Doc Ock, and Venom. Lizard was okay.

1 Like

I thought the action in it was good

I like Ultimate Miles Morales. That costume… :sunglasses:

I bring news from the comics side of Spider-Man. A Civil War II Tie In written by Christos Gage.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/350/0/1/Civil-War-II-Amazing-Spider-Man-1-Cover-Khary-Randolph-4ea36.jpg

Here we have the first cover to Dead No More by Dan Slott. Also…if you notice. No sight of Ben Reilly. If he’s not seen in this event… can we just declare that he survived The Clone Saga arc?

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/12674503_10153580776391359_1488932720_n-600x450.jpg

And finally… the cover for Amazing Spider-Man # 15. Iron Jane?

3 Likes

Maybe in Civil War three, Spidey will head a side, instead of being conflicted.

Well in Spider-Verse, Spider-Man led an army of Spider-Men against a family of inter dimensional vampires called The Inheritors.

I really want to read that. REALLY.:dragon_face:

1 Like