The Programming Topic

So I decided to see if anybody else here used Java for programming. I was hoping we could get a discussion going and maybe talk about what we’re working on, (Although I feel this will fall on it’s face.)

P.S. If you don’t know what I’m talking about then don’t come in here saying “I don’t do Java. :P” or something, It’s annoying.

1 Like

It always needs an update.

Always.

I do C++, so… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m hoping to do Java in my CAD class this year, as I want to go for a computer science/engineering degree in college and it looks like Java is the main program they use.

I’m thinking about using BlueJ which looks to be a kind of simpler version than some of the other programs for Java out there

I don’t judge.

Maybe change the title to The Programming Topic.

Anyways. Java was one my first languages. I’m still a C++ noob, but I don’t plan on staying that way.

I may or may not have to take a class in Java soon. I do know my way around python and HTML.

I do programming every so often.

I’ve been learning HTML and CSS in my Web Design course this semester. Do they count?

1 Like

HTML is a mark up language, so it’s more for formatting stuff instead of creating interactive elements. But that’s what Javascript/jQuery and HTML5’s ‘canvas’ tag is for :stuck_out_tongue:.

3 Likes

I know a bit of BASIC and C++. No explicit knowledge, just some stuff I’ve picked up messing around with code in the past.

I know how to write in assembly language now.

Why did the programmer quit his job?
Because he didn’t get arrays.

7 Likes

Ha. Haha. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

*DEAD *

1 Like

Well, I do know some of Python, some of SQL, and I know most of HTML/CSS, a little brush-up would work for me.

However, I’m also looking to learn JS, Swift, C# for Unity game development, and may also learn Java.

2 Likes

who keeps reviving these old topics?

Since the last time I posted in this topic, I’ve learned some Java, R, C#, SQL, C++, JavaScript (plus TypeScript and React.js), and some other languages that could reasonably be used to identify whereabouts I live and work. Python is still my forte, but lately I’ve mostly been using data science packages (numpy, pandas, matplotlib and scikit-learn). I have some ideas for what I’d like to do with the other languages.

2 Likes

I’m currently taking a class on Java. It’s my first experience with a “real” programming language.

Were you programming with scratch before? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Indeed I was

1 Like

I still can only barely program. I’ve acquired a taste for Arduino C, python, and matlab, but I’ll need to get better at one of those. I can’t shunt all of my data analysis into Mathematica.

1 Like