The Ruins on the Hill (and also Disney songs)

Hello everyone on the Boards!

I feel a bit guilty for even giving this one a title considering it’s just a painting study of a landscape from imagination. My first, actually (well, the first one I did intentionally for practice). Regardless, it’s gotten me a bit excited because I actually think it turned out quite decent and it gives me motivation to keep practicing and getting better.

On a completely unrelated side-note, did you know I just discovered the Disney song Hellfire from The Hunchback of Notre Dame? I’m extremely late to the party, but I’ve been playing it nonstop for 48hoursstraightnowsomeonehelp…

COOKIE: :cookie:

As always,
Comment and Discuss!

:musical_note: Or you will buuuurrrrrnnnnnn!!:musical_note:

16 Likes

Great Artwork dude! I would love to see more like this from you![quote=“Pakari, post:1, topic:50555”]
On a completely unrelated side-note, did you know I just discovered the Disney song Hellfire from The Hunchback of Notre Dame? I’m extremely late to the party, but I’ve been playing it nonstop for 48hoursstraightnowsomeonehelp…
[/quote]

It’s weird how Hellfire is easily the best Disney villain song, yet nobody seems to talk about it… And this is Disney, after all.

1 Like

I really like how this looks. Its simple, but little details like the glider in the water and the flock of birds really help. It reminds me a lot of Ryan Lauket’s illustrations, and that’s a compliment!

3 Likes

Very nice, despite your saying it’s just for landscapes, the use of grays here is exceptional! Also, must say, Sauron is looking a bit skinnier than i remember.

1 Like

Thanks! New one coming in…about 5 minutes?

I mean, I didn’t ever bother to look into it when my friends told me it was the best. I was too stuck in my ways, but when I caved my life changed forever.

Thank you! I wasn’t aware of Ryan Laukat before you mentioned it, but looking at his work I very much thank you for the compliment! I enjoy the simplicity and style he puts into his illustrations, and I’m a big fan of those things as well!

Thanks! Yea, this is a landscape, but it’s also just general painting practice for me as well. I’m so new that at this point anything is good practice.

And wow…yes…I guess that is Sauron…:laughing:

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Yeah, he also makes pretty killer board games if you’re into that kind of stuff.

1 Like