The Self-Moc Mission

Wait, wait… wait… @Senit is a lady…? I hate to say this but I honestly had no idea.

These are all really impressive. I think Whatiri is my favorite of the batch, despite being slathered with CCBS–the big hands are just neat. The head of Entropy is also quite cool.

And wait, @Toa_Radrix and @LegoDavid are brothers? I’m learning absolute buckets about my fellow TTVers.

6 Likes

Well, the self-moc is female, but Senit himself isn’t. I think that might be a first (or at least an extreme rarity) in the realm of self-mocs.

6 Likes

Ah, thank you for clearing that up. I guess I shouldn’t make assumptions regarding people online, but… I did. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Should have posted your self moc sooner if you possibly even wanted a smidgen of a chance at stopping me.

4 Likes

@MaxinePrimal
Alright, instructions and part list for Whatiri are done:

Parts list

https://rebrickable.com/users/Monopoly/partlists/309545/

Instructions

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lU7dNE0ZYL71C72igwWpYarhXHjCTpza/view

There were a couple of parts that were inexplicably missing from stud.io, notably the Brain Attack chestplates used on the biceps, the 2015 armour addons, Nuva armour and the electricity things. Alternative parts that function the same have been added instead.

Also, there’s a couple of mistakes:

• On step 12, the shoulder assemblies should be angled slightly upwards, otherwise they collide with the triangle thing on step 22
  • On step 80, a fire villain engine piece should be added in addition to the other armour shells to mirror the other leg
  • The black bones added on steps 87 and 99 should be the version with one hole, not two
  • It’s fairly unclear, but the little L-shaped things on the back of the arms are representing the lightning pieces due to their identical mounting points

I didn’t do instructions for the hands or head because without the Nuva chestplate the hands can’t work, but I’ll take pictures in a little bit. The head is pretty self-explanatory.

5 Likes

Many thanks!

@Mr.Monopoly okay, so the link for the parts list isn’t working. It’s just taking me to the home page of the website.

3 Likes

There’s ten, actually.

1 Like

I think that’s because you need a Rebrickable account to access it.

Here’s some screenshots:

5 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

May I say you’re a madman for attempting this.

Mad respect tho

5 Likes

Those parts are included in the biopack right here. It has alot of parts that aren’t in studio right now.

Also can you add my self moc onto the queue please?

2 Likes

wow

with yours i think it’s twelve

4 Likes

I’d like to add my Self-MOC to the list (who’s now named Tumeke, since I finally came up with a better name for him).

2 Likes

Huh, maybe I should actually make a self-MOC after all this time. Lots of cool stuff here.

6 Likes

That reminds me:

I own almost every mask/helmet included in regular retail sets aside from the ones included with the larger Rahi and the gold Ignika, but I have a much less impressive selection of Kanohi-pack masks. So, in the case that I don’t have your character’s mask I will
A. Choose the same mask in a different colour that still matches the model
B. Choose a visually similar mask
C. Choose the mask of a prior version of the moc if it differs and I have the alternate piece
D. Create a new mask from scratch that shares similarities with the original

In this case, I don’t have a blue Kakama, so I’ll either use a blue Pakari or make something from scratch (or you could recommend an alternate mask, if you can think of one).

For reference, my Kanohi-pack collection is:

Red Kaukau
2x Red Miru
Black Kaukau
Black Akaku
Blue Pakari
White Kakama
Silver Hau
Silver Akaku
Gold Pakari
Yellow Kaukau
Orange Mahiki
Orange Matatu
Dark grey Matatu
Dark grey Komau
Light grey Ruru
Lime Rau
Lime Ruru
Lime Komau
White Kakama Nuva
Black Hau Nuva
Black Akaku Nuva

6 Likes

I mean, I use a 3d printed mask now, but used to use the black noble huna from muaka and kane-ra

1 Like

The blue Pakari would definitely work as a placeholder, so I’d go with that.

1 Like

I would like to throw my oldie coldie Barafu into this exciting opportunity. Great job already btw!!

3 Likes

Question, maybe random, but you had an older SelfMOC with a black Great Huna, right?

3 Likes

I believe in noble huna superiority

2 Likes