The Self-Moc Mission

And I fell asleep after saying that.

Uhm Review Round two I guess:

Zero:
Cool guns. I used the color combo of Takadox blue and Lerahk green before on a Moc and I thought it was Ok. But the addition of Gunmetal makes it look really cool. Also Gitd armor is the best.

Renner:
Looks like a more smooth version of the original. And a bit thicker. Like some sort of Winter armor. Nice

Artillery:
Looks great. As a Purist version of the original, it translates the vibe of it really well.
Also Metru Build.

Sonus:
Look Knight like. which is good.

Oh yeah thats a common design choice…

Jethryn:
This ones nice. I like the custom hood. The Big shell pieces on the shoulders resemble the bits of the cape going down on the original alot.

Cordax:
That’s a really small little dude. And has a lot of detail for the size.

4 Likes

I thought he was a mecha pilot

1 Like

the only one in a closet was mocingbird

3 Likes

well

this is awkward

Get got.

I don’t get the joke, I really need to be more active on the rp side of this forum, don’t I?

2 Likes

Literature, but yes

1 Like

I really like some of the designs here, Jimbob is obviously the best ofc. I was wondering I am active enough to have my self moc built? I’ve always wanted to see other people’s takes on my designs.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this!

The MOC turned out great! It is simpler than the original, but that doesn’t make it less good: it’s instantly recognisable as Renner, captures the feel of the character very well and probably holds together a lot better.
I especially like how you used those big HF paw pieces as shoulder armour, to me it actually looks more interesting than what I came up with.

Also, the cloth that you used for the scarf is from a Star Wars CCBS figure, right? It seems to work as well as the custom cloth I used, so I might order it to make my selfMOC entirely purist.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s the one from Rey.
It’s a really odd shape, but if you can wrap it around enough it works fine.

3 Likes

I guess I should probably throw my self moc out there.

This is my self moc Ademar and his wolf companion Gudmundr. You do not have to build the wolf however.

8 Likes

ohohoho

I will

14 Likes

I like the way you think.

8 Likes

well it is coming from a guy that is trying to make all self mocs of the active members, so…

6 Likes

True, though the wolf is more of an addition to the actual self moc if anything. But I am excited to see the wolf as well.

6 Likes

This is the closest thing I have to a self MOC, would you consider doing him up?

Here’s instructions for the build, if you need to see how it’s built… (It’s pretty simple really.)

6 Likes

Why is one of the shoulders grey and the other one black?

6 Likes

I’m terribly late to this because I don’t check the boards that often anymore, but I was quite surprised to see my thicc boi in here.

Quite honestly, you’ve done his design really well! The Rahkshi heads on the thighs is admittedly also something I wanted to do myself, but I’ve never owned black Rahkshi heads, so I never got around to adding them/ordering them. I’m sort of curious to see what he looks like from behind, though, since the back construction of the torso is actually somewhat important to keeping everything together.

Overall I love it. I’ve got a few nitpicks here and there but seeing as you took the time to make your own version of him (and that many of those nitpicks can be fired right back at my version) I’ll spare us both from that. Thanks much for this : )

Fun fact, on the original Entropy (the one prior to his total redesign) didn’t have the tail, and had the Gorast wings as a set of six swords. So technically, you’ve just gone back to the roots of the character here.

5 Likes

@Monopoly When is batch 3 going to come out? I can’t wait to see my boi Tohru in all his glory!

2 Likes

Yes I would very much like to see my moc done as well, but no rush, take your time.

1 Like