The Soldiers of Saint Michael: RP Signups

The year is 1330 AD.
There are whispers all throughout the lands, of a secret order of holy warriors who dedicate themselves to the cause of purging all evil and impurity from this world. They are called the Soldiers of Saint Michael, and they work to slay whatever monsters and paranormal threats may threaten Europe. This group of Knights is reclusive as it is exclusive, and nobody has seen nside the doors of this legendary group’s lodge…except for you. You are the lucky few who are a part of this order, whether you may be an old or new member. It is your job to help the soldiers of St. Michael rid Europe of paranormal enemies, but soon it seems that the order shall face its most challenging mission yet…will you be able to face it?

So, it seems that the spirit of Halloween has brought me back from the dead. After more than 6 months, I am finally returning to make an RP. I’ve been on a long enough break and now my creativity has been rejuvenated. I decided that the tone of the current season would perfectly fit a dark fantasy RP, and I was in just the right mood to make this. Now without further adieu, let’s go over the rules.

RULES:

1. Respect and obey The GM
    I am the GM of this RP. I have created this RP and its rules, I am the one who runs the RP, and I decide its ultimate outcome. I could promote someone to co-GM and just as easily as I could remove them from the RP. So just keep in mind the power that i have, and remember that before committing any potential misconduct.

2. Respect other Players
    Your peers, those who you play this RP with, should’ve treated with the same amount of respect as you are expected to show to the GM. Respect should be mutual between everyone here.
    To reiterate, Do not disrespect, insult or argue with others. If you feel there may a problem with another player, please talk to me in a private PM so that the situation may be properly dealt with.

3. Follow the Unspoken Golden Rules
    No Autohitting, Autododging, No-Selling or Metagaming. If you really do not know what any of these terms mean, research them.

4. No OP or Ridiculously powerful characters.
    I will not allow a character that is blatantly unfairly more powerful than most other characters. Be creative, but no OP characters. you don’t need them to be creative or unique. I’m sure there are plenty of ideas to choose from up there in that brain of yours. Just create something that you’ll have fun with, but not at the expense of other players’ enjoyment.

5. You may have up to 3 characters at once.
    If after you reach 3 characters, the only way to make any more new characters would be by killing off one of your existing 3 characters or having them leave the RP.

6. Follow Basic Common Logic.
    Just because I may not include everything that is/isn’t allowed in the RP, it doesn’t mean that you should exploit the loopholes. I am not stupid. So if I don’t say “don’t control characters that don’t belong to you without permission”, it doesn’t mean that you can. Do what you think is morally right, respectful and within the proper boundaries.

SIGNUP SHEET TEMPLATE:

Name:

Status: (What level of experience does the character have within the order? Are they a new recruit, or a seasoned veteran?)

Powers/Skills:

Weapons/Gear: (Silver weapons are ideal for vanquishing paranormal enemies, but not necessary. Enchantments on weapons/gear are allowed, so long as they are not too OP)

Appearance: (Picture or written description)

Personality/Bio:

2 Likes

A few questions before I spark interest (because I indeed have some fun ideas)

1. How many characters are we allowed to use.
  2. You speak of this game as a “dark fantasy”. Elaborate. Is it dark in the case of horrifying or disturbing themes, or is it just gothic in stylization?
  3. Will you allow me to D E U S V U L T???
    3.1. If that is the case, will you be OK with me RPing characters based off historically religious backgrounds and knights? Do you think it would be iffy on rules in this site if my RP character, if they were wholly devoted to, say St. John, to start talking about conversion and/or sin and hell? Let me know is this makes you uncomfortable or anything.
  4. Since this is a historical setting for an RP, how do we come up with enchanted weapons? Got anything to inspire us?
1 Like
  1. I’d say only use up to 3 at once. If after you reach 3 characters, the only way to make any more new characters would be by killing off one of your existing 3 characters or having them leave the RP

2. I’d say it’s more of the latter, but I’m sure there may definitely be some of the former sprinkled throughout the game.

3. I personally do not care what the religious beliefs of characters are in this RP. So if you want to make hardcore religious character, go ahead. I will say this for now, however: the deitic figures which this society dedicates themselves to and base there values off of, may end up being possibly be quite different from what traditional religion may depict. The order doesn’t know this (yet) however.

4. Could you elaborate?

Interesting to see you here as well @Chronicler. Remember the good old times? I do. I’ll also be joining this RP as well.

2 Likes

I’m mostly asking what kind of stylization of enchanted weapons do you want us to use. Is it like ‘flamesword’ or something?

2 Likes

Basically, yeah it’s like that

Name: Sylvain Lavigne

Status: Eques Sanctus, Legatus, Carnifex which translates to “the Holy Knight, Ambassador, and Executioner” a title given to Knight Lavigne for his battle prowess and achievements throughout his career of Knighthood. He is one of the seasoned Knights of the Order of Saint Michael. He’s also quite respected for being the Ambassador of the Order.

Powers/Skills: Sylvain is an accomplished Knight and Swordsman, mastering the way of the sword and other fighting styles. His body underwent tremendous amounts of training, exerting himself to his absolute limitations, which built the foundation of his strong human condition to the point where he can physically harm paranormal entities. Sylvain is also empowered by the Archangel of the Sun, called Israfel. Thus, through his magic spells, he can use a small variation of the devastating capabilities of Israfel’s Solar Manipulation. He also can utilize holy spells of the sort against unholy, evil spirits, supernatural, paranormal entities.

Weapons/Gear: His magically enchanted holy and coated silver sword is his main preferred weapon to use. Alongside that, he has his holy enchanted knight armor.

Appearance:

Personality/Bio: Sylvain Lavigne has been around the Order of Saint Michael’s for a long time. He is mostly known amongst the Order and is quite respected. He acts as the Order of Saint Michael’s Ambassador with the Council of Order. He trained in the Order for all of his life and became a Knight and a master of the sword. Sylvain isn’t known to talk much, only when necessary. He retains a pearl of certain wisdom and is honorable as a Knight should be. Whoever he meets, he seems to strike people in awe with his actions, courage, and bravery.

1 Like

Accepted

1 Like

Ill try my hand again. Post later

1 Like

Quick question: does our character have to be associated with the Order, or could it theoretically be someone they may find themselves coming across in the field? I’m good either way, it’s just for one I already have an idea and for the other I’d have to come up with one.

Obviously for the former he wouldn’t show up right away, he’d show up after some paranormal thing is found.

2 Likes

You don’t need to be in the order, just as long as your character is easy to come across in the RP.

He’ll be pursuing the same things as the order, so it should be easy. I’ll post a signup soon.

2 Likes

Cool, looking forward to it.