The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

Who else here is a fan of the Star Wars Battlefront franchise?

Did you have a favorite map? Favorite class? Awesome memory?

26 Likes

@anon90160534 would hate this

2 Likes

I have the original on Playstation 2. I still play it every once in a while, and by far my favorite map is Hoth.

Also, isn’t there a new one coming out this year? I heard something about a remake.

6 Likes

Ah… old memories…

5 Likes

On space battles, I would take a Republic Gunship; and glitch onto the outside of the Venator Class Star Destroyer and walk around, and the clones I brought with me would die out, so I’d take the health that they dropped! :smiley:

8 Likes

I played this a few times at my friends house

it was fun but i never really got the hang of it

4 Likes

I know @Jona724 is a huge fan of Battlefront. I never really got into it, though. I while back, I was considering buying a Star Wars game, and it came down to this or Republic Commando.

I chose RC. Battlefront still looks interesting, though. I might get the DICE version if it’s good.

3 Likes

Both are great choices and there’s just no way you could really go wrong there.

YES HYPE SO HARD BECAUSE DICE IS MAKING IT.

Wait but why?

Okay, I had to wait until I was at an actual computer to type this out because the mobile version sucks. Anyway Battlefront is my gosh darn childhood. Both games were simply amazing and never, ever got boring. Even when i installed mods so that I could become like God, I was still having the most fun seeing the bodies fly.

Speaking of Mods, the modding community for this game was really small, but had a lot of talent behind it. The Dark Suns II mod for BFII is simply the best mod anyone could have made for the game. I recommend it to anyone who has the PC version.

my favorite map on BF:I would have to be Bespin Cloud City or both Rhen Var maps(I am reaaaaallly hoping for these maps to come back in the remake. XDDDD) from BF:II, Mustafar was awesome, the Death Star was awesome, I really can’t pick a favorite out of any of the maps.

This game, while it may not go anywhere near canon at some points, is the most awesome ball of fun I’ve had the experience of owning. I just… I just have no real words to describe it other than just go play it.

Okay, admittedly, there’s a lot of nostalgia talking there, but it’s still an amazing game, and it has aged very well. Both of them actually.

The DICE remake has a lot to live up to, but it’s DICE, come on. It’s gonna be great.

9 Likes

I’m joking. He really likes the game actually.

4 Likes

I loved the PS2 version of battlefront 2 back in the day but the PC port is so much better.

8 Likes

I liked the entire 501st story line. I do hope they do something similar or perhaps a better with the story. The gameplay is one of the best SW shooters out there (best Jedi combat would go to Jedi Academy)

5 Likes

Why? I’m curious.

3 Likes

Higher frame rate, working online multiplayer, and overall better graphic fidelity.

5 Likes

Huh. The framerate and graphic thing makes sense. I’ve never played Battlefront online (on PS2 or PC) so I can’t really compare. Was the multiplayer fun?

3 Likes

The multiplayer is really fun.

5 Likes

Dang. I guess I missed out.

3 Likes

Hope it isnt frostbite, my computer cant handle that engine Q_Q

3 Likes

I’m more worried that EA will screw this one up…

5 Likes

How exactly could the publisher screw it up?

1 Like

I thought EA pressured DICE to release BF4 in an unfinished state to try and outsell COD:Ghosts.

1 Like