The Theater Topic

The question, my friend, is not whether you can sing, but whether you can act.

1 Like

Therein lies the problem. I’ve never tried, so I don’t know.

Acting can be difficult, unless you really understand a character and can portray it through yourself.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve heard. I suppose I’ve had a bit of experience in the form of minor roles in musicals, but nothing serious.

I went to the Oscars Theater yesterday and saw a rendition of ladykillers.
It was pretty funny

Dead Topic! So, I’m a freshman at my high school this year, and my drama teacher for intro to theatre arts comes up to me and asks me audition for the play.
I do end up auditioning, and I get a part! The play was Antisocial, a satire on social media and society. It’s hilarious, we had so much fun performing it. That was days ago, and now I’m thinking of doing the musical we have.
Spamalot. Only, I barely know a thing about singing. Haha, auditions are in a few days

1 Like

Dang, I didn’t realize this was a topic! I absolutely love acting. I’ve gotten extremely involved in my highschool drama club in the last year and a half. We did Almost, Maine last year, as well as In the Heights (though my utter lack of musical talent screwed me out of that one). We’re currently doing Clue, and I managed to get the role of Wadsworth. I have to do a British accent, which has been a challenge.[quote=“HistorianIvan, post:26, topic:15403”]
I do end up auditioning, and I get a part
[/quote] Congrats![quote=“HistorianIvan, post:26, topic:15403”]
I’m thinking of doing the musical we have.
Spamalot. Only, I barely know a thing about singing. Haha, auditions are in a few days
[/quote] Best of luck to ya! I feel that one.

1 Like

Haha thanks man. I ended up auditioning for Spamalot with Lady in the Long Black Dress from Sister Act. The choir director then had me sing happy birthday to “hear something different,” then I did a cold reading of the Historian from Spamalot.

1 Like