The Thinking Machine

I saw this strange thing on the Dune Wiki lately:

It appears to be some sort of battle droid, along with what appears to be Vision from Marvel. So, I though I’d make it in Studio 2.0.

It’s not a perfect replica by any means, but it’s close enough to be rather terrifying. So, comment and discuss at will!

10 Likes

If you were to match it closer, I think Bohrok visors would suit the shoulders well and maybe it’s me, but I think it has four arms by the looks of it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed the extra arms after building it. I’ll have to go back and add those in. Also, do you happen to know anything about the source of my reference picture? It doesn’t have the same look as most Dune illustrations. It almost looks like it was drawn for a Marvel comic, especially with the design of the small person (or droid) in the foreground.

1 Like

Thinking machine eh? I could surely use one of those…

Looks pretty cool so far

It appears to be the cover for this book:
Dune_The_Machine_Crusade_(2003)
According to Wikipedia, the book is part of a Dune prequel series, and the two characters are robots. The big one to the left is apparently called a “cymek,” and has human brain. :eyes:

3 Likes

Pretty neat. Watching dune forced me into stasis-lock, but your battle droid sure is striking

Looks cool. Could use some larger shoulder armor but otherwise is a neat moc. Good job

So that explains the Bionicle-style huge robot, and the Vision-style small one. That’s interesting. I didn’t know about this book. Thanks for telling me!

2 Likes