The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna

That’s just how I draw Matoran. XD

But yes, he does have a knapsack. Gotta carry thoss disks in somethin.

1 Like

Ooooh, very smart. Effective ways of carrying tools/weapons/supplies is a little world-building detail that I’ve been trying to incorporate into my own fanfics/retellings of LEGO themes. Many of my Toa MOCs have holsters for their Toa tools. In my Knights Kingdom II rewrite, I gave the hero quartet a packhorse for their journey to the Citadel of Orlan.

Of course, this type of world-building detail doesn’t usually make it into LEGO’s action-oriented themes, but I really like adding it. It helps the world feel more credible and alive, y’know what I mean?

I don’t have the time to sit down and read the whole comic right now (I like reading comics in one go, helps me get into the story more) but out of curiosity, did you make any big world changes (romance, aging, food, multiverses, etc.) for this retelling?

Well, the Toa actually do fall from space this time (2006 retconned that out). I don’t want to spoil anything, though I will say it starts out moooostly the same and by the end it’s going to be a completely different story. You think you know how it’s gonna go, but…no.

2 Likes

Hrm… TAHU IS MAKUTA!!! That’s why he’s so moody and dislike other people!!!

1 Like

Naaah.

Okay, i meant it as a joke, but now I’m certain! /s

@NickonAquaMagna

Hi. I’ve got a request. You may or may not have seen my Bionicle Keyforge cards,

And I was thinking of doing the Matoran next. I wanted to ask if I can use your versions of the characters for these cards, because BS01 pictures don’t really lend themselves well to cards. Also, I like your versions better than the official.

1 Like

Sure. Just let people know where you got the images from!

1 Like

Will do! Thanks man.

Just keeping everyone up to date. I’ve finished the new Lego Rewind, and it’s my biggest episode yet (aside from the seasonal recaps). I spent a week busting my butt.

But… I can’t come back to this just yet. I need to finish a few commissions and try to finish one more video before I go to Granite State Con. Don’t worry, this isn’t going to lead to another thing, to another thing, to another for two more years. After this convention things are going to sllllooowwww doooowwwwn for the rest of the year, leaving me more time for this.

5 Likes

10 Likes

yay!! It’s back!!

Nice save Tahu.

1 Like

You were saying?

Dang, poor Tahu’s becoming redundant. Gali gets his mask AND a bit of character building, while he just sputters in impotent rage.

6 Likes

Don’t mess with me like that man!

In all seriousness, I like Gali’s motherly vibe.

Ehh… she more like a big sister to Takua.

I see that. To be honest. I like that concept better.

Behold… the fabled synchronized facepalm.

10 Likes

Let’s play a game kids! Hungry Hungry Kitty!

2 Likes

Great art dude! Love your channel by the way. I’ll miss Lego rewind if it goes away…

Thank you! I’ll upload more pages after Granite State con. Sorry to say, Lego Rewind will need to go away eventually. I’ve only got about 7 episodes left before I’ve run out of themes I actually want to talk about.

2 Likes

Aaaand I’m off to Granite State Con to sell my books(not this)! We’ll see if I run into any other Bionicle fans there, though.

2 Likes