The Toa Asoro

Well… how’s for a staff of sound?

Also, try making the plot first. My method for making fanfic is “plot first, characters later”. Try it out sometime, Lazarus!
In the meantime, I hope for the best with your computer!

1 Like

Maybe, but I’m afraid it might be too much like Fotiki’s staff.

Ignoring the slightly patronizing tone of that, I usually do come up with the plots first; this was an exception. Even then, I do now have a loose outline for a story, so nothing much to worry about there.

4 Likes

Not to nitpick, but that’s the Matatu. :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, looks interesting so far! I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes…

1 Like

Wait, was the Matatu what Turaga Matau wore?

Thank you!

1 Like

The Mahiki.

3 Likes

I thought so.

But that’s Nuju’s mask…

1 Like

Note: If I come off as patronizing or downright rude in the following post, let it be known that that was not my intent. At all.

Due to how I found this “clearing up” of the subject confusing, I figured I would try my best to resolve it.

Mahiki = this and it belonged to Matau.

Matatu = this and it belonged to Nuju.

Once again, if I came off as patronizing or downright rude in the above post, let it be known that that was not my intent. At all. I was merely trying to de-confuse a confusing subject.

7 Likes

Marendex to the rescue

I forgot to comment on this, these look great

4 Likes

*I have yet to clean this up.
Sorry.

1 Like

Ah, there we go.

Thanks!

No worries. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is not dead, surprisingly enough.

Coming soon(ish): The mystery of the Tiriaku!

3 Likes

It seems I missed this when you started it (I didn’t visit the literature section much at the time) but this looks rather intriguing… an interesting set of characters, a nicely thought out setting… I’m very curious as to where this is going.

By the way, were you by any chance inspired by Nova Orbis as well? I’ve been working on a project similar to this one for some time and Nova Orbis was more or less the entire reason I started it…

1 Like

Thanks!

I’d be lying if I said Nova Orbis wasn’t a huge influence, but I do want to make it unique enough not to be considered a copycat. I also took some inspiration from Faber Files.

Ooh, intriguing. :smile:

1 Like

I noticed “Turaga Faber” in there somewhere… :wink:

But yeah, I’ve got much the same predicament as you: a bunch of characters who I initially didn’t know what to do with, then trying to weave a world and story around them that doesn’t blatantly copy what someone else has already done excellently. The whole “Folly of the Toa” thing that I’ve been flooding the section with has kind of got my priorities tied up for now, but it should wrap up at some point (I honestly have no idea when yet), and it’s serving as excellent writing practice as well. After it’s done, I’m going to start editing and putting up stuff related to my world: Bota Nui.

1 Like

Yep. XD
There’s a certain extent of meta humor there, but it won’t be a huge part of the story.

Indeed; it’s pretty hard but I feel it could be rather rewarding.

I should take a look at it sometime. XD

Ooh, nice!

No kidding; I figure out most of the story by telling and discussing it with myself over and over to figure much of it out before I type anything; I’ve had three-hour sessions of me just walking about my room while the story just seems to take shape naturally… it feels great. Of course, when I actually write it down it still often takes different turns…

1 Like

Pretty much the same here. :smile:

1 Like

Hey, if you want to discuss characters & writing at some point, I’d be up for it.

1 Like

Sure thing! Maybe shoot me a PM?