The Toa Crucia

The Toa Crucia

So lately I’ve been designing a series of mocs as an advertisement mainly but I ended up creating an entire Toa team, presenting the Toa Crucia! The Toa Crucia are six Toa of the “prime” elements and are composed of members from 5 different Toa teams and exist in my Kingdoms universe. They were imprisoned in the arena known only as the Crucible where they were forced to fight for the enjoyment of the Mad King, they teamed up and escaped the Crucible taking the name Toa Crucia and continuing their adventures…

Kovian - Toa of Ice - Team Leader
Kovian was originally part of the same team as Talvris as the team lieutenant, although he arrived months after Talvris, he was able to adjust to life in the crucible. His skills and elemental mastery over ice managed to win over Jierda and Leeria, bringing them into the escape plan.

Jierda - Toa of Earth - Tank
Jierda arrived at the Crucible a year before Talvris, he modified his armour and hammer in the arena’s forges, over time crystals have grown from his armour and hammer. He initially was hostile to Kovian, until Kovian saved his life in a double battle, he then slowly formed a friendship with him and Talvris.

Leeria - Toa of Water - Rogue
Leeria was the most recent arrival in the crucible, aggressive and ruthless due to her upbringing, she learnt how to work with Kovian and Jierda in the arena after nearly being killed by a leviathan. She slowly began to open up and joined them in the escape.

Triple shot so we’ll cover the Toa left to right.

Talvris - Toa of Fire - Lieutenant
Talvris was originally on the same team as Kovian before the crucible and was able to survive in the arena due to his skill with combat and swordsmanship, he befriended Taumah and Shurawhe in their battle against the Jaga-Rahkar although it would take time for Shurawhe to trust the forming team.

Taumah - Toa of Stone - Engineer
Taumah arrived between Talvris and Kovian and was taken under Talvris’ wing, he was responsible for modifying most of the forming team’s weapons and gear with Jierda. He is very defensive of his new friends and came up with the distraction that allowed the team to escape.

Shurawhe - Toa of Air - Ranger
Shurawhe is a quiet and disciplined swordsman and had trouble working with others, attempting to fight double battles by himself in order to win enough prestige to escape. Once he was betrayed and realised the futility of victory in the arena, he requested to join the forming Crucia, who accepted him.

Additional Pics:

These icicle parts were made by a friend for use in a future project.

I used digital building to clip the fire parts into the sword, the effect looks pretty cool!

The crystal hammer and armour looks amazing and I had to make a pic that showed it off.

I built Taumah with a bunch of references to Pohatu, see if you can find them all!

Conclusion

I want to write more of the story of the Crucia and explore the Crucible more as a part of the kingdoms universe so expect that coming soon!

The inspiration for the Crucible came from the challenge of the same name in Darksiders 2, and I thought the idea of a supernatural, ethereal gladiator arena was perfect for Bionicle Kingdoms so I decided to base the Toa team there. I wanted each to be different but thought that it would be interesting to have some of the Toa know each other and to have the groups of 3 form separately. Overall I’m excited for the future of the Crucible, I have plans for the monsters and challengers they’ll have to fight and even some ideas on the Mad King,

I hope you enjoyed the builds! Comments and criticisms are welcome as always! :smile:

39 Likes

Nice! :smile:

1 Like

welp…

time to find a new organization name for my story :laughing:

1 Like

Great!
I love Taumah’s asymmetry Shoulder armor and pipes! it’s so cool!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

These all look really good.

1 Like

Hmmm, Foot kickers, over the shoulder projectile launcher hands instead of more traditional Toa weapon. Upside down mata torsos. Brown and tan color scheme.

1 Like