The Toa Hagah, the Guardians of the Makuta (Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

Here is my entry into the Toa Hagah Canon Contest! With the first image being my entry photo!

Additionally:
I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (No)
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (No)
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)

Kualus:

Pouks:

Gaaki:

Bomonga:

Also the height comparions:

Instructions and files for these Hagah

Files for the custom parts I used
Reforged Mask of Rahi Control
Reforged Mask of Emulation
Mask of Growth
Mask of Clairvoyance
Sub-Zero Spear
Tidal Spear

Also thanks to GetToThePoint on discord for editing the effects on the main entry photo, also with Pouks and Kualus’ entry photos

23 Likes

I quite like these, they provide a nice amount of variety but don’t stray too far from the existing hagah.
I’d usually prefer something a bit more basic and true to the other metru builds, but I think these work pretty well.

I love that you used Metru-Torso with upside down, like Pohatu! :grinning: :grinning: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

isn’t upside down metru torso against the rules lol

No it isnt against the rules

4 Likes

Nice!

Actually, it is allowed:

Really decent overall. As has been remarked, I do like Pouks upside-down torso and his unique build. Kualus looks pretty good too. Gaaki looks a little generic, there isn’t much to differentiate her, and her neck seems a little elongated. Bomonga has a nice stature and tough look to him.

My only nitpick is that due to the construction of the shoulders, they look a little gappy. This is most evident in Pouks. This group doesn’t look as clean as some mock-ups I’ve seen for the Hagah, either. Despite them being really similar in build, they don’t look as cohesive when placed together. That may play out in your favor though, as there will probably be a lot of teams with uniform body structure and yours stands out in that respect.

Thanks for sharing with us!

1 Like

I especially like Pouks’ choice of mask and his upside down torso!

1 Like

I personally disagree. I feel like with the upside-down and brown color and kakama, he resembles Pohatu too much. I feel like the upside-down torso itself is Pohatu’s trademark feature.

I do however like how these guys don’t have traditional eye colors for their element.

2 Likes

The black on Kualus looks a little off to me, and the groin covering is more out of the ordinary and doesn’t fit too well, but decent attempt to make him unique. Other than that, the only critique I have that’s not personal would be that Pouks looks like his chest armor restricts his forward motion. Nicely done team build.

Not saying this to be a downer, Kualus really does just look like a Toa of Light to me. That said, there are a few little things that set these guys apart from the others so far.

I love these builds, especially features like the armor skirt for Kualus, Pouks shoulders or the Metru shoulder for Gaaki’s chest. I’m slightly dissapointed you said no to the armor colour being changed but I think I could live with a gold and blue Toa of water, afterall perhaps the gold is covering Mata blue areas or something. Good luck!

We will need you to include free download links for the 3D printed pieces in the original post. Please do that within the next three (3) days. Thank you.

Got the links in!

Kualus
Wow, white and black used to a great degree here. Mask is cool, too. The loincloth is a bit wierd, but I can accept it.

Pouks
So, I get why people use the flipped torso, it’s a nod to Pohatu. But Pohatu uses it for a kicking/running feature. With the Mettur torso, since the function swings at an angle, it doesn’t work. And I feel the flipped torso is hard to pull off decently. I do like the shoulder armor though, and the mask.

Gaaki:
I know you’re allowing for spear tip changes, but I think this spear is great as-is. This entry is great, the only thing I’m a bit bothered by is the shoulder mod.

Bomonga:
I wish more people would use a secondary color for Bomonga, besides black… Anyway though, the shoulder armor looks a bit weird from the side, and I persoanlally don’t care for the shoulder mod, but it works aside from that.

or keetorange

Yeah, I’m sorry, it does seem a bit hypocritical of me to always say “I want to see a secondary color for Bomonga” and then dislike yours because of it’s secondary color. Like I said, I just don’t care for Keetorange as a color, probably around 95% of the time. I’ve always found it to be a weird-looking color, that clashes with almost any color it’s paired with.

1 Like

:expressionless:

and here I thought we were fiends

2 Likes

Naw it is no problem. I only used keetorange cause of not finding any better bones. I dont really like it that much either

We could still be, as long as your self-moc doesn’t have keetorange. It it does, sorry, but you are worse than a Hoseryx fan.

Nah just kidding, you’re cool.

1 Like