The Toa Masters Revamped!! C&C appreciated!

Welcome my children
after a pretty long hiatus, i have returned to posting on the boards!
and i have now completed my latest soul draining bionicle project, which has been to revamp/rebuild the toa masters, and perfect them!

group shot!
the hardest part were the torsos, Onua’s stayed the same since i really didnt have it in me to make a whole new one for him, and his honestly worked the best, but the other 5 were frustrating. the first step was to add more friction, so i used the star wars gearbox cover and slapped a ball and socket onto it - these gears aint giving up any time soon! the next issue’s was the pelvis, i tried the star wars torso, but it was way to long and disproportionate. i eventually settled on the metru pelvis, and used the modified 3long liftarm with a ball in the middle to attach the torso shells!
with the more general elements out the way - on to the mods!
TAHU

this one was tricky - now my first bionicle sets were a bundle of Kopaka, Onua, Pohatu and Gali master, but i never actually got my grubby little paws on Tahu or Lewa, so this was a great opportunity to finally round out the team!
I actually ended up liking this model way more then i thought i would, i removed most of the gold, but some was essential so i kept a lot near the top, with his broad spiked shoulders, giving him a really unique silhouette! i also used the breakout torso, since it just adds more texture and looks way better then the ordeal of fire torso! i also changed the swords up a little because the lava board pieces are like 10 bucks each and i never really liked that piece much, these match kopaka’s spear better and just look really cool! this might be my favourite one!

In contrast to Tahu, Lewa probably came out the worst, i could not for the life of me figure out how to attach his old shoulder armour with this new torso, so i had to improvise. i kept his legs more mechanical, since i think for a character that leaps around so much, more armoured legs makes sense, and it doesn’t clash to much. i do like what i did with the axes a lot though, they look more like fans now and for a toa of air yep air not jungle it works
i do like him, he just is the figure i feel like i could have done more with.

Gali is definitely the best looking out of these in my book, and i kept most of her the same, sans the trans blue shells on her arms and the color of her shins. if you’ve been on the boards for a bit, you might remember my original revamp of this character, and i took a lot of inspiration from that. overall, she looks great and im happy to have her complete!

i messed around a fair bit with Kopaka, i gave more armour on his shins to make it look like he’s wearing snowboots, changed the spear tip to match tahu and bulked up the shoulders a little!
my biggest issue with this model is the mask, i never really liked it that much, it always felt too small and smooth? maybe its just me, but aside from that he cam together very well, and he looks great partnered up with Tahu

Like Gali, Pohatu was one i had a pretty decent basis for, i just added some extra armour to his arms, changed the shins for vorox shells, that go pretty well with him and match his sillouhete!
he’s still the shortes, but also feel the best proportioned, and he looks both agile and tough, hes just cool

Onua stayed the most like his original form, since the gear box didnt need changing, the only difference is some support on his ankles, and a different shell covering his abdomen, i’d say hes the most solidly built. i also got rid of the hammer since these guys ate up half my ccbs parts and i need the tehcnic parts for another project im still working on. the last photo of him is also my favourite, even in G2 hes still stuck saving lewa!

the gang just vibing…
annnd thats all of em! whilst these aren’t the most extensive mods, i still really love em and think they look great together!
Also im liking the new background, im probably gonna keep it like this!
C&C appreciated, Toodles!

11 Likes

The snowboots thing was a simple and clever visual maneuver, it really does make him look more solidly built. Nice job Rhyla

5 Likes