The Trio

A few MOCs I threw together a while ago and never posted the pictures for. I tried to experiment a bit with the way I took my photos, hence why they’re in funky backgrounds instead of a blank white background. I don’t like it, I’m probably gonna switch back to white.

They were originally supposed to be some villains to the copious amounts of Toa I used to build, and they unintentionally represent the constraction themes Lego created - Slizers, Roboriders, and Bionicle.

This was the first one I built, way back in December(ish). I wanted to create a white MOC to use up the white pieces I never used on anything. I’m particularly proud of the torso - it uses Vahki arms for the shoulders and Metrutoran arms to connect the hips. It gives him a nice and bulky silhouette.

The Technic beams used as robes were something I’m also pretty proud of. I needed a unique design for his apparel and I noticed I had a large amount of those beams. However, I could not figure out how to make his lower arms fit, so I cheated and used some CCBS bits.

I am significantly more proud of this one. A funny story about this is that he was supposed to be my new self-MOC, before NOTaHFfan created a lovely piece of artwork of the red-jacket wearing Miney. In fact, I had gotten so far with making this guy the new self-MOC that he had two versions - one for show and vanity, and a smaller one to be on-scale with the rest of the Slizers.

Mini-Slizer

He throws a silver disk and maintains the large shoulder covers.

The overall design of this guy was based loosely on my dad’s fondness of KISS, combined with exaggerated Slizer proportions. The chain necklace has not stuck around, as it was an afterthought to his design. This is probably the only design here that I am truly satisfied with.

This one was a complete afterthought. I don’t care for his design much, apart from the legs. I wanted something with wheels, which this guy does indeed have, but nothing about his design is revolutionary or unique.

Overall, these guys were fun to build but only 1 is something I’m particularly proud of. The afterthought one has now been taken apart, but the other two remain. I’m open to hearing any advice on them you may have. Thank you for reading this!

8 Likes

I for one like the photo environment, my kind of place

The whole crew has a nice design to it, I especially like the technic faring that blocks out the bodies

1 Like

I really like how the last guy looks. The design feels like one of the better live-action transformers designs, especially with the leg design.

1 Like