The TTV Crew (OUTDATED)

I just noticed that Meso has blue eyes. How did you do that?

For Meso’s head, I just used Toa Nuju’s metru brainstalk piece in the piraka skull.

And yes, since I’ve recently acquired a ton of parts thanks to an influx of money, I probably will make MOCs for the new TTV members. And while I’m at it, may as well also do a bit of work on the already existing MOCs here like I said I probably would. =P

3 Likes

Cool, I thought you could only use the piraka brainstalk that came with the sets. Good to know.

Did someone mention me?

…no?

Well I’ll just show myself out then.

5 Likes

it looks like Var has an smg and a spiker, meso looks freaking menacing, great job Ven 10/10

2 Likes

Wait, @IllustriousVar has Halo weapons!? @Venom, can we confirm this?

2 Likes

Where did you get a dark blue great Ruru? Or did you paint it?

It came with the Karzahni set from 2007.

1 Like

Oh Duh. I guess i’ll go shame myself in the shame topic. HugeDomains.com

3 Likes

Let’s call them dual Spiker-Magnums.

5 Likes

it feels ike something is missing in them… but i cant understand what… mabey its just lighting and me beeing ill… dunno

I don’t really think my presentation of these MOCs is the best. =P I could’ve probably had better lighting and a much better backdrop, but oh well.

6 Likes

Well tell me one thing:
If you could choose, what would be your 1 favourite Part about these mocs?
I would choose the warewolfy Legs of meso!

Probably just how much progression I’ve gone through with these MOCs. I might post some earlier versions of them at some point, but that’s pretty much it. If I had to pick one MOC that I feel the most satisfied with in the end, it’s probably a tie between Meso’s and Eljay’s.

7 Likes

I could have sworn that I already posted here.

Disclaimer: I only criticize to help improve

Let’s start with Mesonak
Meso is my absolute favorite.
Pros
When thinking about the pros I can’t limit it to my usual list of three, so I’m not gonna try. So pretty much everything that I don’t list as a con is amazing.
Cons

• Something just doesn’t sit right with me about the wings. I think it’s that they are a little too short for him in my opinion. They also seem to smooth compared to the rest of the MOC. (most of this only applies to the front angle. they look much better from the side)
  • I don’t like the sword. it is a cool design, but I just don’t like blades with a perpendicular part sticking out of the center (the Lewa nuva katana piece).

Now let’s move on to Varderan
Another great one. He sort of has that stormtrooper/halo spartan feel with the spiker magnums and smooth armor.
Pros

• Excellent use of basic CCBS (especially on the upper arms)
  • Black and white is an excellent color scheme (personal preference), and you kept it amazingly consistent.
  • The weapons might not be especially innovative, but they are well built and look menacing.
    Cons
  • Knobby knees. I just hate knobby knees and knee-pads
  • He’s a little skinny, but it works out well
  • The feet seem a little too far forward. makes me think a little of cloun shoes.

Next up, the Toa of Mangosteen himself.
I have mixed feelings for this one. He is my second favorite behind Meso, but I don’t know why. I have more problems with him that with anyone else, yet he just…feels right.
Pros

• As mentioned, It just feels right. It feels like Eljay.
  • Good mix of smooth and detailed parts. It gives him that planty feel that would come with being a toa of Mangosteen, yet gives him a smooth robotic feel that he needs.
  • I’m not sure how this hold up IRL, but the gold Miru and the burnt-orange blade seem to compliment each other really well without breaking the color scheme.
  • the AK-47 is pretty cool. I would siggest changing the black 2-long axle on top to an exo-force claw, but it’s not really necessary.
    an Cons
  • It seems that there is a pretty large gap under the chest armor. (it may just be perspective)
  • On the lower arms, the 2x1 lime system plate seems out of place. May I suggest using two studs per arm in their place? If you have them in Mata green it might be even better.
  • Same problem with Meso’s blade and the perendicular thing, etc.
  • The armor on the lower legs seem to jut out too much for my taste

Who’s next…Kahi
This is a good MOC, just something doesn’t sit right with me. It’s probably just the soulless Inika eyes.
Pros

• good color scheme
  • I really like the inika jaller mask, just not the inika head, but there’s nothing to do about that.
    Cons
  • While it has a good color scheme, the distribution need just a little bit of tweaking. too much red on the legs, too little on the arms, but that’s just personal preference.
  • the shield is a definite color breaker. I’m not sure it there’s some story behind the color, though, So it might be justified.
  • The rubber band just…I don’t know…irks me I guess.
    Take it how you will
  • He seems pretty basic. This can be considered a con or a pro depending how you look at it. As a stand-alone MOC, it is fine. As a part of this sort of TTV set of MOCs, it makes him seem sort of boring and uninspired in comparison. (Don’t start another flame war over this, I’m just trying to help. I think it’s fine, but I know that others won’t)

Moving on to Tenebrae Invictus
Invi is…I’m not sure how to describe it. He is another example of me having several issues with him, yet liking him anyways.
Pros

• Good color scheme
  • Some may say that the Gold chest piece breaks the color scheme, but I believe that it compliments it. (please don’t add more of it though. Any more and we would get a big color scheme breaker)
  • The weapon is simple, but I feel it works with him.
    Cons
  • I just don’t like Antroz’ mask. (personal preference)
  • His legs are exactly the same as Kahi’s
  • Are his hands Mata red, because that’s a big color scheme breaker. (it might just be the lighting, I can’t tell for sure)
  • He seems to suffer from the same problem that the toa metru had, armpit gappiness. It is minimized though, so kudos to you.

Next up, Viper
No she does not look feminine, but from someone who sucks at making female characters (I made literally one good one in my 6-ish years as a MOCist), I don’t care.
Pros

• That torso! It is amazing. If you ever get the time can you post a howto for it?
  • I’m not a big fan of sand blue and metru green, but with what you had, and viper’s specifications, you did really good. The gold also tops it off.
    Cons
  • Aside from the torso and wing-blade things, she looks like a recolor of Kahi. She does have a lot of uniqueness to her, but she borrows quite a bit from him.
  • I’m not the biggest fan of matau’s mask. It always has a bored expression on it.
  • I also don’t think the feet fit the MOC, but both of these are personal preference.

Next up is you, Venom
I really like this one. He has a certain type of bulk that just seems fitting. While this MOC might not be entirely original, I don’t see too many “stolen” techniques.
Pros

• The color scheme is really cool and pretty consistent too.
  • I love the use of the Rodes on his shoulders.
  • the wrist gun is pretty cool
    Cons
  • He seems a little top heavy.
  • The claw doesn’t look right to me, but I can’t judge it for sure, because I don’t have a clear picture of it.
  • I’m not a big fan of the nuva chest plates on the lower legs. (personal preference)

Lastly, we have Kini
Honestly, he is my least favorite. He sort of looks like you were running low on parts from the other MOCs and you decided to just cobble something together.
Pros

• The torso looks like an interesting build
  • I actually really like the white upper arm
  • Great job on the mask painting. It looks really cool
    Cons
  • I understand what you were going for with the half and half color scheme, but it seems like you couldn’t decide if you wanted the colors blended together or exclusive to one side.
  • While I loved the white upper arm, I don’t really like the black one.
  • Once again, the majority of the limbs (especially the legs) look like a rehash of kahi’s.

Before you reply to this remember: I only criticize to help improve. I may seem harsh sometimes, but I’m just trying to be helpful.

Edit: I just realized that this took me almost two hours to write. wow.

9 Likes

I’ll write a full response to this a bit later, but for now I just wanted to note that the reason why these MOCs have some of the same builds, in say the legs or arms or whatever, is intentional. I strived for some sort of consistency to show that they’re part of the same team. =P

ALSO yeah, Meso and Eljay’s swords are kind of stupid, but those are the swords they wanted. (Mostly Eljay) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, thanks for the criticism, and like I said, I’ll reply again with a full response soon.

7 Likes

Man, this topic will not die

10 Likes

Annnnnd revived!

@Venom have you done anything to the MOCs yet? If so, could you post a pic or two?

3 Likes

Nope, not really. =P Nothing new to show just yet.

5 Likes

You are so working on galidor XL

4 Likes