The Turaga

The gates of Ta-Koro opened partly, a matoran glanced out then shuffled onto the road outside. He carefully closed the door behind him, making sure not to slam it, least the guards notice him. He ran off towards the charred forest, cursing Karzahni for his short legs and his oversized feet.

From the ash covered and dead trees two deep and dark eyes watched the matoran get ever nearer, the figure walked back a pace or two then merged into the shadows. The Ta matoran slowed his pace and stopped in front of a tree, he quickly brushed off some ash from the tree, an X was still engraved in the tree’s trunk. “I’m glad you could make it out of Ta-Koro unnoticed, again, friend.”

The matoran looked up and slowly turned around to face the figure behind him, his appearance was similar to a Turaga but his armour was pitted and rusted, his staff was just a simple black branch with a red crystal embedded in the top. His mask looked vaguely like a Hau but it was a lot smaller and shriveled up, almost looking burnt in some parts. The ‘Turaga’ wore two sets of chains around his neck, one a dirty silver chain and the other a clean gold necklace with a Ruby studded in the centre. His robes were patchy and woven looking.

“Hello, Makuta” the Matoran said in reply “it’s been awhile, so… why do you wish to speak with me?” Makuta looked into the Matoran’s eyes, he knew this Matoran was very smart and strong willed, he had long since given up trying to persuade him to wear an infected mask, this time he wanted to try something new “I want to give you an opportunity, I can make you a commander of vast army’s, I could give you your own island and Matoran to rule over, think about it.” He extended out his hand towards the matoran, The Ta matoran brushed it away “how can you bargain with what you do not own Makuta? If you can prove that you have army’s that need commanding and islands to give away, then I’ll consider your offer.” With that the Matoran started shuffling off back towards Ta-Koro, Makuta began merging back into the shadows “ I think you’ll find it the wisest course of action, Kapura.” Makuta said half to himself.

C&C appreciated, this was my entry for @Cordax contest
Edit: thanks @Axelford for the photos

31 Likes

ooh yes very nice. The build of the moc looks really good for its size, and that backstory is chilling. Very good job here eilrach

2 Likes

Thanks @Rukah, I’m definitely happy with the size of it

2 Likes

This is a very neat concept. And the moc itself sells the unnatural, eerie air 2001 Makuta embodied. Excellent work with this one.

4 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: swag

I also did some proof reading :}
You’re going for gold with dis one!

4 Likes

He is creepy! i like it!

1 Like

I know he’s meant to be edgy and all, but that net just reminds me of a fisherman. Not a bad thing at all, I just get a different vibe from him than his backstory suggests.

3 Likes

Ah, yeah that. That was put on when I wasn’t even considering keeping the moc around no idea why I use a net though I just never really got around to removing it, I’ll get on to making a paper one or trying to use LEGO fabric pieces to pull it off

3 Likes