The "Which sets should I get?" topic

75111 darth vader coast: 31,42 USD
or 70795 mask-maker vs skull grinder coast: 30,07 USD? I can afford only one.

Cuz Bias. :stuck_out_tongue:

Get this, then save the leftover money, so next time you get money, youā€™ll have an extra $30.00 for a more expensive set! :smile:

'Cause whynot? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So Iā€™ve been starting to think about what I want for Christmas and for the past few years I get a BIONICLE set or two. Last Christmas I got Lhikan and Kikanalo along with Pohatu Master of Stone. This year should I try and go for Skopio X-V1 (donā€™t have any 09ā€™ vehicles), Takanuva 03ā€™ (I have all the 03ā€™ Titans but him), Takanuva 08ā€™ (I have a disassembled Rockoh t3), or Axonn (I have Brutaka)?

I know its only November, but its been on my mind these past couple days

Heres a poll to decide
Link

2 Likes

So I saved up some and managed to get an eBay gift card to buy some stuff for Christmas. Along with some other stuff I decided to get a BIONICLE set though was a little stuck. I couldnā€™t find any Skopio XV1 within my price range so I altered it.

Should I get

• Axalara T9 (I have Rockoh T3, though itā€™s apart)
  • Takanuva (2003)
  • Maxilos and Spinax

its awesome (you should wait until the @Eljay `s recap review comes out if you can

1 Like

Pohatu Mata or Onua Mata? (Iā€™m gonna get them both, but I want to know which one I should get first)

Does it make a difference? It depends if youā€™re buying both at the same time, or are you buying one, then waiting for some length of time, then buying the other later?

If youā€™re doing the latter, I prefer Pohatu for how unique he is. So maybe you should save the best for last (getting a taste of the generic Mata build first), then be somewhat surprised for Pohatu later. Otherwise if you get Pohatu first, heā€™ll seem so unique nā€™ special, so when Onua comes around, you might get not like him as muchā€¦

1 Like

Older sets are best to get. :grin:
Plus itā€™s a gr8 set

If you canā€™t get that one, get Maxilos and Spinax

2 Likes

Whether this is bias or not, but Iā€™d go for Pohatu first since I found his design a lot more interesting (though I still like Onua).

Onua Mata. He has awesome shredder claws and a bull-like mask. Pohatu is far less exciting imo, but he does have an unusual build you may or may not like. Also old brown is far less reusable than black if youā€™re a moccer.

1 Like

So since my Christmas has just ended, itā€™s time for me to start looking for things to spend all of that money on! Yes, all the money that your relatives gave you because they have no idea what you like. And what do you like if you are on this website in the first place? BIONICLE!!!
Thatā€™s right folks, MataNuiNuva has decided to spend his Christmas money on Bionicle since he got no sets for Christmas.

And what Bionicle sets am I looking at to buy, you might ask? Well, I have decided to try to buy at least one of the following:
Zaktan
Reidak
Hakann
Orā€¦Vezok!

Thatā€™s right, Iā€™m going completely Piraka for this Bionicle spree. Yo Yo, Piraka. All that good stuff. Man, I wish there was a Deadpool of Bionicle. Oh wait: there is. VEZON!!! Maybe Iā€™ll get him.

So what Bionicle sets are yaā€™ll gonna buy?

I already ordered Hewkii Inika and Toa Hagah Norik off eBay, though I also plant to buy Uniter Pohatu (and Ketar to go with him).

2 Likes

Ill just put my quote here to explain my desires.

Im saving up my Catholic Christmas money, so when the polybag comes up, Im going to get Umarak and Uxar. the 2016 sets and the polybag will probably pop up somewhere before the Orthodox Christmas, which is mid January.

Forget G1 sets, I need Kopaka and hopefully, if my Barnes and Nobles is nice to me, Umarak andā€¦probably Tahu 2016!

Uh oh. Piraka selection on eBay isnā€™t looking good.

Starting to look at Star Wars stuffā€¦getting off trackā€¦

I just know someone adventurous is going to spend over $100 on Toa Mata Nui.

So far my Christmas spendings are split between Nexo Knights and non-Lego stuff so my Bionicle gifts are going to be a little small this season.

-Umarak
-Uniter Onua
-Ikir
-Terak
-Uxar
-Large Bricklink haul

Thatā€™ll be all for winter 2016. When the poly bag comes out Iā€™ll be sure to get that as well.

Alright,Iā€™m in a predicamentā€¦
Iā€™m making Combo models with 2015 sets and I already have Narmoto (Protector of Fire) and Nilkuu (Protector of Stone)

Here are my Options
2 more Nilkuuā€™s
Tahu Master of Fire
Ouna Master of Earth
Kopaka Master of Ice

What Should I buy?

He has the most pieces, and heā€™s a pretty cool set