The Wild Masks

As I’m trying to read this the page likes to randomly dart up or down.

So…… who out of everyone that has signed been seen so far?

5 Likes

@Toan, @Rukah, @NOTaHFfan, @Racie02 , @Cordax , @wild_toa, and @Ghid

4 Likes

Yay only one chapter behind

3 Likes

This implies that Tone, at some point, wielded a katana and has the skills to do so.
Hang on I gotta make a sprite of that
there we go

4 Likes

8 Likes

Well, would you look at that

From left to right we have: Rook, Ren, Tone, Race and Corey’s drone.

I tried to match their appearances to the way they all showed up in chapter one. It was interesting trying to differentiate their designs, given that they all wear the same suit

I had very little time to draw this, just a couple of hours, so it turned out very rough around the edges, but nobody is going to know if I pretend that this is a deliberate stylistic choice :smirk:

And there are still so many fun things to draw: the demon mask, Wild when he was still alive, Ren in his daytime work attire, Kohaku and Fred, Corey in a school uniform, Race in her news reporter clothes, Tone in the fish mascot suit…

I am the storm that is apprOOOOOAAAching ProvOOOOOAAking black clouds in isolatiOOOOOn

So, Gyoryu-tomo I mean Tone ended up steamrolling these guys off screen, huh :dizzy_face:

But it creates a funny reveal when Kohaku goes outside and witnesses him standing here and realising in a heavily battered fish costume, so I’m not even mad

But I wonder what this is about. Who did they put behind the dumpster?

Baseball chapter when?

This is not a question, this is a demand :triumph:

NOTaHFfan lore reference?

Callout moment

This must have been an excellent silencer, if not a single soul could hear the gunshot, or the ringing of the bullet against the metal of the mask :dizzy_face:

Heh :smirk:

I wonder if somebody is leaking info about the group, or if someone on the enemy side has a mask with a power that allows them to detect people in one way or another

I have a suspicion that Tone is greatly overestimating the significance of their little group. There’s definitely bigger fish out there :smirk:

:smirk:
(No additional comments needed here, we both know what we both know)

Knowing what I know about Japanese educational system, this seems pretty accurate

Okay Ghid, I understood the symbolism of the crab shells resembling Wild’s mask and constantly reminding Ren about him, you did not need to blatantly spell that out :dizzy_face:

I know I’m terrible at this, not not to such an extent

Okay, so, either Tone found out about the Demon from the thugs, but didn’t have the chance to confront Ren about it, or he knew that Ren was in possession of the Demon mask all along, meaning that my theory about it being a secret Ren keeps from the group is incorrect :pensive:

I wonder if these people who are after them are related to the various groups that the Wild Masks have been attacking, particularly the one that they tried taking the eyes from on that fateful day

So, overall there’s one thing I’d like to praise in this book so far. It’s how well-researched it seems to be. Writing in a real setting is more challenging than a fictional one, especially if you are not closely familiar with it, and, judging by what I’ve read so far, you’ve clearly done your research

and I helped you with parts of it :smirk:

It’s going to be The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny all over again, isn’t it :goo:

But Cordax I already am in France :skull: :skull: :skull:

12 Likes

this has inspired me
yay more sprites
wild masks video game when

5 Likes

Ch 6

Chapter Seven
Closer To Home

“The Demon?”

Ren made a fervent hushing motion, dragging Race by the shoulder somewhat away from her very distracted news crew. “Yes. That’s what he was able to get out of them before the last one petered out. The driving into the tree seems to have been rigged by him as well.

“Everything good, boss?” The boom operator asked, taking the cigarette out of his mouth for a brief moment before returning it. “You want to interview the fish guy too?”

“Shou, I told you not to smoke in here.” Race pressed the base of her wrist against her forehead. “Alright people, let’s call it. Nothing more we can get here, and with enough of a live broadcast that the other stations will be piggybacking off of us for a change. Let’s move out.”

Ren watched as she departed with her crew, the limited amount of customers still in the market returning ever so slowly to their usual pace as they meandered about the store. Ren turned back to the seafood counter, thin enough to walk normally through the small entry point and into the imminent conversation with Fred.

“Kohaku’s okay?” He immediately inquired, barely giving Ren the time to get his gloves back on.

“She should be, yeah.” He sighed, both regretting being that straight-forward about it and dreading what it might mean if she wasn’t. “What else?”

“Later.” Fred replied, turning back to the counter and grabbing a lobster from a crate, slipping it into a glass tank filled with others almost identical to itself. “We’ve got the rest of the day to get through first.”

Ren turned back to the crabs, fully distraught over what had occurred. The safest place he could possibly be is right there… With the side entrance locked, of course.

“What’s the point of it, then?”

Tone sat on the bench with his legs swung out, his arms over the back, visually about ready to die at any given moment, while the normally bombastic Kohaku sat with her knees impossibly close together, her elbows against her side. Neither of them looked at each other, instead both staring across the lake at the massive flock of ducks which combed the edges, looking for anything remotely edible.

And, of course, Tone was still wearing that ruined fish costume. Disgruntled or not, it still technically hid his identity.

“Him.” Tone responded, his eyes moving down to look at Corey, happily tearing pieces of bread and tossing it in the general direction of the ducks. “Wild thought it would be within our best interests if we expanded our organization whenever someone with capabilities to offer turned up.”

“And little Corey needed an awful lot of help, too.” He sighed, watching him with a weary air. “From his death onward, we’ve focused our efforts on not just flashy shows of power, but real, devastating blows to the infrastructure of the criminal empires making everyone’s lives worse. In the past, we’d return gestures of arrogance with humbling responses on the same scale; they’ve tried to hit at us before, but never to such an incredible and efficient extent.”

“What will you do now?” Kohaku asked, her voice unusually small.

“Right now, I…” Tone looked across the lake, the suddenly straightened. Jumping off the bench, he bolted down to the edge of the lake and dove, shoving Corey with all his strength into the water, causing the entire flock of ducks to panic and rise.

“WHAT WAS THAT FOR??” Corey coughed as he surfaced, spitting out water. “I WAS JUST-”

“Dive! Reeds!” Tone snapped urgently, getting off his stomach and scrambling towards Kohaku. “Run! Move! NOW!!”

Kohaku turned to run, but Tone grabbed her arm and yanked her the opposite way. “Not the car!! He’ll just take it out easier that way. We have the cover of the ducks, for the moment, but it won’t last.”

What-” Kohaku was barely able to blurt out before Tone abruptly stopped, then broke into a sprint once more. “I just need to find where I saw…”

BANG

“Bleh.”

The wall was still white and boring. Just the same as it had been for the last nine hours. No matter how Rook tried to envision it differently, it still remained the exact same boring white wall.

Bleh.

Kohaku slowly opened her eyes, her mouth set in a scowl.

Despite her indisputable inexperience in the realm of avoiding professional hitmen, she was learning fast, and even flexing her intellectual mindgames at the same time. When the BANG echoed across the lake, she fell with the same timing as Tone’s static body, hitting the walk rather hard. She had a hunch, and now was the only time she could attempt to prove it.

The other people at the pond had begun to flee in all directions after the gunshot. Screaming at random intervals also appeared to be a favorite pastime. Before too long, it was relatively quiet once again.

Her thoughts didn’t stay put for long. What about Corey? Had the shot been directed at him instead? Was he now dead, floating on the surface of the water? Were the reeds not sufficient for him to hide in?

This destructive train of thought ended when a glint of light suddenly hit her eye, and she felt a costumed hand touch against her hair, as Tone ever so slightly pushed himself upwards.

Gotcha.” He grinned, then stood up and dusted himself off. “Well, let’s get out of here.”

“But won’t he-?” Kohaku inquired, using Tone’s hand as leverage to rise. “I mean, he just took a shot at-”

“I’m sure.” Tone tried to slide his hands into his pockets, but the costume simply didn’t have any. “C’mon, Corey’s gonna be soaked.”

Sure enough, Corey was soaked, as once Tone had stood and peered at the water to determine which of the reeds was wobbling about uncontrollably and making gasping noises, gave off a couple of tones in the reed itself to indicate the coast was clear. “I didn’t think I’d actually have to do that someday.” Corey complained, smacking the side of his head repeatedly in a vain attempt to clear his ears. “And if you say it’s-”

“-Because you never know if you need it, yes, that’s why you do need it.” Tone grinned. “Now wring yourself out; we’ve gotta get you a fresh set of clothes before you become ill and get even shorter somehow.”

Thin ice, pal.” Corey grumbled as he climbed directly through a clump of weeds. “I thought your plan of going to the park seemed too easy.”

BLEEEEEHH.

This was getting excruciatingly boring. Absolutely nothing happened from day to day, week to week, month to month. It was almost utterly intolerable for poor Rook, and he would give just about anything to have some excitement going on for a change.

But, nothing would happen. Because the only way for something to happen would be for someone to come inside, and that would need the massive, four-inch-thick mechanical door to somehow open on its own, without the presence of a key - which it literally could not do.

Just as he pondered over this, however, the door clicked. Someone had just inserted the key, which could, of course, only logically mean one thing.

Finally, Rook thought. Ren’s come home.

Ren folded the bright orange rubber overalls over his hands, awkwardly trying to hide how much he was eyeing Fred, who was eyeing him right back. But Fred seemed to be much less hampered by awkward social situations, as he noticed the approach of the store owner far sooner than Ren managed to process.

“Sir?” Fred began, but he was waved off by the approaching gentleman, who dominated the room. “Go on home Fred, me and Ren will lock up.”

“Yes sir.” Fred grabbed up his things and glanced at Ren worriedly as he departed. Ren stared up into the black, beady eyes of his superior, as an uncomfortable silence dragged on and on.

Ren had no insecurity about his height, but the presence of Mr. Oisim Makuei was a concerning one. The difference between his modest six-foot-one and the imposing six-foot-four figure of his superior really did feel like David and Goliath, the disparity making he feel much shorter than he actually was. Not to mention that, in spite of his features not bearing any sort of indication to it being his race, he bore heavy tribal-style tattoos across his bald head and perpetually-scowling face, leaving barely any skin uncovered.

“You’re getting sloppy.” He frowned, finally speaking after what felt like an hour of silent judgement.

Ren sighed, making himself break from his superior’s rather observant eye. “You’re right, sir. And I can’t afford to be sloppy now. We’ve got someone else under our care, another member of the masks.”

“You do his will in death; it is good.” He made a rather animalistic grunting noise which indicated his shifting of topics. “I have given you much in order to ensure the survival of his ideals. It is useful to know there is some good coming of it.”

“I’m glad to hear it.” Ren replied, making no indication that he was anything other than tensed.

“I will lock up; you may go, wolf mask.” Oisin turned, walking off and staring with his well-developed hands in his pockets at the rest of the store, even as Ren slunk away towards the entrance in the hopes of finding a bus still operating at that hour.

“I wonder.” He continued to speak as he heard the doors close behind Ren. “Will it be enough?”

ALL The stairs??”

“So this is what going up in an elevator feels like.” Corey pretended to gawk at the process, earning an even more guttural reaction out of Kohaku, who threw her hands towards him in disbelief as she stared in stark disbelief at Tone.

“He’s the boss. I don’t make the rules,” Tone replied with a shrug. “Even if those rules seem awfully arbitrary and silly, they’re still the rules and we still have to follow them. It’s nice to not have my legs feel like they’re burning off at every given second.”

“Is that because of the-” Corey began, but instantly clammed up when he realized he was running his mouth. “Sorry.” He retreated into the far corner of the elevator and looked about with injured eyes.

“So… Why are you riding the elevator now?” Kohaku raised an eyebrow.

“If you’re willing to keep it a secret.” Tone raised a finger to his mouth and gave a wink in reply. He couldn’t help but smile as he did; it helped to have someone with as blazing of a personality as Kohaku had to lessen the stress of the situation and give him something to bounce humor off of every now and then.

“Finally,” He glanced at the doors of the elevator as they opened. “Ladies and pond swimmers, allow me to introduce you to the greatest overly cramped apartment on earth.” He stepped out of the elevator, but suddenly jumped back inside, whacking Corey on the nose and nearly bowling him over.

Take him back down.” Tone whispered.

“What? I don’t-”

Take him back down, drive to Ren. Tell him to call me. Go.” Tone stepped out of the elevator once more, pressing the close doors button as he exited. They slowly responded, sealing Kohaku and Corey inside as they continued downwards.

“Well,” Kohaku awkwardly opened conversation,clapping her hand over her knuckles. “You’re gonna have to help me out here, kid. I have no idea how to get to the supermarket from here.”

“Don’t you have a GPS?”

“Oh right, duh.” She whipped out her phone and typed in the address. “So what’s it like in there, huh? In the apartment? Is it nice? Do you at least have separate rooms or whatever?”

“It’s fine.” Corey responded, slipping his hands into his pockets. It was clear that without Tone present, he was in no mood to enter into conversation, and the pair exited the building in silence. As they drove off, Tone waited in silence for another five minutes, considering his options.

Options. As if there was somehow more than one option available. It read like a trap, a big and blatant trap, set to blow the minute he walked inside. Was it men with guns lying in wait for him to enter? Was it a bomb of some kind, or a camera to catch their identities when they all came home? And why would they leave the door open for such a trap as well?

Ah, well. He adjusted his collar, quietly stepping forwards and through the open door. I’ve done stupider things today, it seems.

It was a nice wall.

Nice, white, and pure. Not a spot anywhere on it. That was the nice thing about that wall; it didn’t have any kind of mark.

It was a little hard to see at the moment, but the wall was surely just as clean as before. Just because the warped fingers and distorted faces wouldn’t let him have any other thoughts, it didn’t change the purity of the white, now did it? Of course not. It was still immaculate in spite of it all, the cries of agony etched into those wretched faces, the shrieks they uttered at the unholy pain they suffered, the faces, their faces…

The door had been left open. So as the elevator ascended, opened, and descended in turn, Rook could only look at the previously on guard and now aghast Tone and whisper out his reply.

The walls are immaculate. They aren’t screaming to me,” Rook said, his pillow almost entirely hidden by the pile of well-dressed corpses. “They’re so quiet, Tone, so quiet, so very, very quiet…

Ch 8

6 Likes

This goes so hard I would absolutely listen to this album

I am reclaimer of my NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

:smirk:

Tone

They dumped him there and had the one opportunity to question if he stayed there but chose to write it off as being more hidden than remembered

:eyes::sweat_drops:

Stop projecting :angry:

Lemme ask you this

You’re driving on a massive, busy road, and you hear a gunshot
Except it sounds more like a loud metallic bang than a gunshot

Would you stop to check it out?

What makes you say that :goo:

I have to spell it out for the users who read but do not theorize :pensive:

Read the quote

“from his would-be assassins”

Not saying the second one isn’t true - I cannot confirm or deny allegations of good writing - but there’s definitely a face-value implication meant to be gleamed from this.

It’s true I am so smart :star_struck:

Did all of your knowledge of the Japanese schooling system come from anime :dizzy_face:

Why don’t you start theorizing you goobity goober :triumph:

6 Likes

I know that you said that you don’t like chapter 7 and you’d like to rewrite it, but theorisers are cruel, Jack

I’ll put all of your mistakes on display so that everyone can see them even after you edit it :triumph:
You asked for war and this is how war is done in this neighbourhood :triumph: :triumph: :triumph:

Any musicians among the book characters, anyone?

I know we have Hawkflight and I’m pretty sure Cordax plays violin (???), but we need an entire band :smirk:

Also, there’s something from a while ago that completely slipped my mind and I completely forgot to address it

You’ve been able to gaslight two people into believing that Rook is not Rukah (which he is not, he’s obviously supposed to be Rook from Togav for real for real no cap) :smirk:

Born in flames, I have been blessed My family crest is a demon of DEEEATH

Oh, okay that makes sense. Shooting him in the face would certainly knock him out or at least stun him.

I thought that he tanked the bullet, dealt with the guy on the spot, tracked down their car and dealt with the rest of them, which makes no sense because the guy was already in the car, but it was 11 PM when I read it, okay :triumph:

(Projecting = working on projects)

Yes, I project a lot :triumph:

You’re Kohaku, Fred and Ren (yes, all three at the same time), you hear a gunshot
It sounds more like a loud metallic bang than a gunshot, but the source of the sound is directly in front of the shop

Would you go out to check it out?

Probably the appearance of Ren’s boss in chapter seven, which I predicted with my infinite foresight :sunglasses:

From them he only found out that they are after the demon, he may or may not have already known that Ren is in possession of it.

But given that he outright told Race about the mask in ch 7, they all most likely already know that Ren has it. But it doesn’t mean that they know that he plans to use it to revive Wild, so my theory still stands :goo:

This… isn’t right. You would never respond to praise this way. There’s something fishy going on here :imp:

Nuh-uh, it came from someone with first hand experience. Anime only confirmed it :triumph:

The what? What’s this referring to? When did that happen?

Or is it? :smirk:

If the enemy knows about the shop, what stops them from sending reinforcements there?

I am going to assume that this is Tone having an in-world stroke and not a typo for now :dizzy_face:

Maybe going to such an open area as a park to hide and letting your guard down to chat while Corey is feeding the ducks was not the best idea in the world

Relatable

The amount of thugs Tone beat up off screen is rising rapidly :dizzy_face:

Exactly, that’s what I’m talking about

Relatable

I panicked for a second because Ren gave away the keys and Tone couldn’t have returned so quickly, but I guess we did a bit of a time jump

Ren when he stares up into the

IMG_3920

Alright, three strikes, you’re out (Baseball reference by the way). As punishment you must make that baseball chapter happen :triumph:

In Japan displaying tattoos in public is extremely frowned upon because of the association with the yakuza, who are known for wearing them. So, I’m guessing that he’s a member of the yakuza as well.

And he seems to oversee the Wild masks. I’m guessing this is how Ren got this job in the store, through the connection with this guy

Crazy ? I was crazy once . They locked me in a room. A rubber room! A rubber room with rats, and rats make me crazy

That’s a good question. What can you say in your defence, N01?

11 Likes

Remind me in a month or two when I’m done with my EP, I’d like to get back into silly one-off ideas like that

6 Likes

Ayy, we got a few in here

Im liking where this has been going, youve done a good job at bringing in attention and keeping it.
Also the fact that tone has been doing all of this in a destroyed fish costume amuses me

6 Likes

hey look another sprite

5 Likes

Interesting story you’ve got so far Ghid

5 Likes

Wild is here!

4 Likes

Man, chapter 15 was amazing! I love Ren’s character arc.

5 Likes

cmon what were you expecting.

All of these thoughts runnin' through my headArm on fire, veins burnin' red Frustration is gettin' bigger Bang, bang, bang, pull my Devil Trigger

Okay so like right now I don’t know if this has been stated by anyone else yet but my current theory is that wild and the “demon” have kinda fused into one being.( I have absolutely zero evidence for this besides that it sounds really cool. ) like just imagine that the “demon” is like this amalgamation of all who have tried to harness its power before.

Anywho that’s about it, not much to go off right now, but that’s just my government mandated N01 long shot for this story.

5 Likes

Ch 7

Chapter Eight
Scars

“Sir, please move.”

It didn’t do any good. Not even grabbing him and shaking him produced any reaction, his mind far too absorbed in trying to find some guilt he could latch onto. Eventually two of the disgruntled nurses were able to drag him away from the window and seat him on a bench just opposite of it, but it would take another five minutes before his mind fully processed his new location.

But his eyes still saw Tone.

The agonized screams, the thrashing figure of his friend paying no heed to the flames licking across his body, focusing entirely on his inability to remove the powerful mask he once freely wore, so fused to his skin had it become.

And now, lying in a hospital bed in critical condition, his entire head encased in an oxygen bag, with no one allowed inside, all Ren could do was stare at him through the glass, the image remaining in his vision was allowed to wane from it.

But he couldn’t allow that to happen. This was all his fault somehow - he just had to find the proof for it. Wild dead, Race dead, Tone about to die, and-

You.” The commanding voice from his left finally drew the last traces of Tone’s condition from his mind, although much against his wishes. “You will listen without speaking. After that, you will reply.”

He was a powerful figure, despite being only six-foot-four, he felt like a giant. His gaunt limbs began in wide shoulders and ended in muscular hands, and his well-defined facial features were absolutely covered in tattoos, almost resembling some horrid demonic mask of their own, with long horns in the design running across his scalp and temples. There was barely anywhere on his whole head that lacked tattooing of some kind.

“You are Ren Fukushi.” The giant commanded, as if Ren now had to be himself for the rest of his life. “I am Oisim Makuei. Now we know each other. Now we understand.”

The peculiarity of his word choice finally drew Ren’s tired eyes toward the character, not visibly intimidated by his presence nor his stature. “What do you want…?”

“Their lives.” A large hand rested on Ren’s shoulder, the perpetual scowl remained viscerally present on Oisim’s face, waiting for the only unharmed member of the Renegade Masks’ tired mind to figure out what exactly he said. Adrenaline rushing into his system, Ren swiped the hand off his shoulder, jumping diagonally off the bench and landing in a ready stance, reaching into his open jacket for his mask.

It wasn’t there.

“You are looking for this.” Oisim turned his hand upwards, revealing the wolf mask. “I do not intend to keep it from you. Know that I could have worn it myself.” It was casually tossed into the air, with Ren cradling it in his hands as it fell towards him. “Ren Fukushi. I want the lives of your friends. Possibly more than any of them. Possibly more than you.”

“…What do you mean?” Ren’s eyes finally lifted from off the mask and onto the hard face of his visitor.

“We discuss.” The large figure turned with a beckoning gesture, and only after walking nearly the entire length of the hall turned around to see if he would follow. Ren felt the bandages around his head, as if a little pressure and gauze would undo a concussion. Could he really afford to simply walk away from Tone and place his life into the hands of this brutish stranger?

I don’t seem to have much of a choice. He jogged over, joining Oisim in the elevator as they descended below. The slow descent was completely silent, leaving Ren to hyperfocus on what exactly he might say next.

“Your leader had vision.” The giant spoke, his words as friendly and heartfelt as a block of ice with a knife inside. “He knew exactly where to strike the evil of this nation to make it bleed. Had he continued to live, he would have driven organized crime out of Japan forever.”

Stepping through a large metal door held open for him by a suited individual with thick sunglasses, he gestured for Ren to follow. “The wicked ones found the Demon mask somehow – they planned to use the power of the eyes to make a pact; to command him to do their will. Be prepared for what you are about to see.”

Ren turned towards the glass and nearly cried out in… Fear? Anguish? The word to describe his reaction seemed impossible to find. There, in the center of the room, Race lay on an operating table, practically smothered in medical cloths, the only part of her body even remotely discernible aside from her face was her exposed stomach, and this was impossible for Ren to properly see, but what did meet his eyes was a metal ring, flayed outwards at the top, attached to the ceiling by numerous mechanical arms, with all sorts of complex pneumatic devices running from it down to the cavity being operated on by seven or eight surgeons, all contributing in one fashion or another.

“She will live.” Oisim grunted, his hands folded in front of him, his knuckles nearly touching the glass. “She lost her stomach and her entire intestinal tract. This system will only do so much. She will need to unfold it every time she eats.”

“This does nothing.” His brows shot downwards until his eyes were encased in shadow. Ren had thrown a vicious punch at the glass out of pure frustration, but the massive hand of his unsociable host had swung out and caught the fist before it could make contact. “You will only harm yourself.”

Do you have any idea how tempting that option is right now?” Ren growled, his body unsure whether to start generating tears or more adrenaline. “I could’ve prevented this, I could’ve… The entire team is either dead or on death’s row. Wild is gone. I could’ve done something…

Ren’s eyes went wide for a moment, possibly due to his lack of experience suddenly being ten feet in the air and possibly due to the massive muscular hand now holding him by the throat. A look much more dangerous than any Ren had thrown around was present for a moment, but he was lowered just a second after, the large hands of Oisim straightening Ren’s collar for him and dusting off his shoulders.

“You did not kill them.” The giant spoke calmly, his eyebrows flattening as neutrally as could be managed with his facial structure, as he put way more effort into Ren’s collar than he himself had ever done in his entire life. “But you cannot leave it at that. There is a gaping wound in this city, Ren Fukushi, and we must cleanse it.”

“Or else the same monsters that did this will do it again.” One hand rested on Ren’s shoulder, the weight alone pushing his joint down, while the other swung towards the glass. “This power will go unchecked. Thousands would die. Japan would descend into chaos.”

“I have arranged a position for you at my legal operation.” Oisim strode past Ren, his hands calmly folding behind his back. “All records of you and your allies having ever been here will be eliminated in approximately sixteen hours. There is a safehouse your masks can reside at. It has the very best in medical technology hidden there. The rest of my resources are at your disposal.”

“Why… Why do you care?” Ren turned towards him, feeling his suddenly not sloppily thrown-together collar. “Why do you want a vigilante group running around if you’re still partaking in illegal activities?”

“What would you have sacrificed to save your Wild?” The cold voice replied.

Ren didn’t answer.

“Then,” Oisim rotated his head back, one domineering eyeball looking viciously out of its socket at the weary Renegade. “Do not ask me my price to avenge him.”

Ren still didn’t answer, glancing towards the bottom of the doorframe as Oisim left. After several minutes of silence, he slowly removed Rook from his pocket, wordlessly angling him towards the glass.

The silence would still be ringing for many months after.

Ch 9

4 Likes

In this chapter, Ren greatly underappreciates having his hospital bills taken care of :dizzy_face:

Futures Made of Virtual insanity

Haha guess what time it is rn :smirk:

No, because it’s muffled by an entire supermarket exterior, you’re on the clock, and security cameras exist for a reason, don’t they?

I mean…

…They also all know that it exists because Wild told them all to their faces, so…

whatever helps you sleep at night, french for bread :dizzy_face:

yeah it’s your dayjob at the supermarket :goo:

Patience we’ll get there :smirk:

Might be the next chapter, might be the one after that. We’ll see :sunglasses:

The original hitmen existing? :imp:

Why would you send reinforcements if you don’t know you need them

you’re clearly misreading things, um, I definitely didn’t edit it… read it again.

I would love to hear of another place guaranteed to have people present but not so many that they get lost in the crowd so that there are dozens of witnesses to whatever might potentially occur (that Ghid would know exists in Japan for certain :smirk:)

beat up?

They say to write what you know :goo:

we actually didn’t :smirk:

you’re clearly seeing things, um, I definitely didn’t edit it… read it again.

baseball IS a thing that exists in Japan, hmm… perhaps I can shoehorn this in :goo:

Bingo :goo:

The best kind of theory :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Interesting - I wonder what kind of connection Wild and Oisim had?

4 Likes