The Winter Legion Compendium Vol. 1 (RP sign up)

In the beginning, there were gods, then came the Drethyded, a massive race of hulking warmongers, they had mostly peaceful interactions with the Sunthralli, a race who hail from the void, but with humanity, there was naught but war, a cataclysmic event that left both decimated, but one single survivor.

Eventually new humans colonized the land, and as humanity is want to do, they created civilizations then empires. One Empire rose above the rest, they call themselves “The Cult of Fertya” they have made a mockery of the Ancient empire of Ice, we are citizens of that once proud nation. We must reclaim our birthright.

So, basically we’re freedom fighters, trying to overthrow this cult, and restore the Empire of Ice to glory.
Here’s our character template
Name
Weapons (Swords, Knives, Long knives, Longbow, Crossbow, Axe, throwing axe, mace, spear)
Bio
Personality

Name Winter
Age 15
Class Fighter
Weapons Longsword (Family Heirloom
Bio a child, left orphaned by the cult, the only memory of his parents is the Longsword he carries
Personality Can’t be serious for too long, makes meaningless jokes to hide the pain of his traumatic past

Name Mathias
Age 13
Class Assassin
Weapons Long knives
Bio Winter’s little brother, he never had his brother’s bold courage, so he does his killing in secret
Personality Shifty, but fiercely loyal to Winter, a strong believer in fairness

Name Michelle Walker
Age 16
Class Fighter
Weapons Longsword
Bio Winter’s mentor in combat, the two grew close, extremely close, much to Mathias’s dismay
Personality Very outward, very vocal with her intentions, cannot stand secrecy

Name Devas
Age 15
Class Assassin
Weapons Longbow
Bio Winter’s best friend, he took to Mathias’s style of combat, and decided it was better to let the bold risk their lives
Personality Kind of all over the place, he finds something good in everyone

1 Like

Name: Sky
Class: Fighter, or Brawler
Weapons: A pretty basic sword on the grand scale
Bio: Sky used to live in an isolated village near Ice, before joining the rebellion after the cult labeled her unclean, making an attempt on her life. Her previous life as a Hunter helped her escape to the freedom fighters.
Personality: Headstrong

Also if someone wants to copypaste:

Name:
Weapons:
Bio:
Personality:

May as well address this now, Magic is only available in Fire ATM, but in the future of this series, two more will be made available, and possibly a fourth?
It is also entirly shaped mentally, no spell books, no spells, artifacts break when their original owner dies

1 Like

Oh so that doesn’t work? [quote=“Winterstorm345, post:4, topic:32622, full:true”]

May as well address this now, Magic is only available in Fire ATM, but in the future of this series, two more will be made available, and possibly a fourth?
It is also entirly shaped mentally, no spell books, no spells, artifacts break when their original owner dies
[/quote]

2 Likes

It’s fine, I was going to introduce magic in Vol. 2 but it’ll work

1 Like

Name: Leo
Class: Fighter
Weapons: Sword and “Shield”(Really just a thick metal plate)
Bio: He is really nonchalant about everything until his life or a friend’s life is on the line. He was an apprentice to an alchemist, when he died he left without a trace and took his books on Alchemy. He carries around a pack that seems to be bottomless.
Personality: Friendly and kind to allies and friends. Trust people easily. Respects authority.

2 Likes

Whoops, completely forgot about the “Medic” class, they use rudemetary healing to help fallen soldiers

1 Like

Name: Krugs the Skull Puncher
Class: fighter (I’d probably say barbarian since he’s a savage)
Weapons: great axe, his right fist which is permanently stained red from punching through skulls

Bio: Krugs grew up in a forest tribe who lived off the land, eventually his tribe was killed and he is the only survivor so he has made it his quest that his tribe enters legends. After his tribe was killed he made a name for himself as a mercenary for hire known as “The Skull Puncher”.

Personality: Krugs is rude, ill mannered, and savage, he refuses to help anyone in battle as “it is nature’s way that the weak fall and the strong rise”

1 Like

Related to Tale of the Timberwolves?

Name: Raina
Class: Medic
Weapons: Knife
Bio: Raina lived in a small village a ways away from things. Medicine being the family trade, her father taught her to heal from a young age. She was the sole survivor when her village was ransacked by a ruthless band of bandits. Amber found her soon after, and the two have been close friends ever since.
Personality: Outgoing and friendly, Raina loves spending her time with others.

Name: Amber
Class: Warrior
Weapons: Spear, shield, hunting bow
Bio: Amber doesn’t volunteer much information about herself. She was tracking the group of bandits that destroyed Raina’s village when they did so. She helped Raina to the nearest city, and the two have traveled together ever since.
Personality: Amber prefers keeping to herself. She appears especially defensive of Raina.

1 Like

Same world, just renamed. And a prequel.

1 Like

Okay, cool. Was this discussed in Tale of the Timberwolves since I’ve been inactive?

1 Like

No that died. So we’ve been talking about it in discord. I tried getting winter to do Timberwolves again but he wouldn’t and let it stay dead

1 Like

Timberwolves will be Vol. 2

1 Like

@Winterstorm345 So that whole thing is getting rebooted?

@RuthlessSkate94Oh. Okay. Glad this is a thing, then.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

1 Like

Pretty much yeah

1 Like

Cool. I’ll probably bring back Lync, then. Glad I didn’t make a stealthy character, because that’s what I really intended her to be.

On a different note, do medics use magic?

1 Like

No, it’s practical stuff, like tourniquets, bindings, that sorta thing

…You know Medics still have weapons right? Smaller stuff, like knives, but they still have them, they use them for their healing

1 Like

About how long before Tale of the Timberwolves does this take place?

1 Like

About 8 years, but Timberwolves has been completely scrapped, so who knows, as I will redo Timberwolves’s story in Vol. 2

so there goes one character idea

Alright, I’ll join once I think up a character.