The Winter Traveler: a Community journey

@DarkHenrik
@king328
@Baldric
@Hutere_the_Toa_of_Air

“Maybe it’s best to stay up here and see what she has in mind.”

As we wait, the golem moves to block the temple’s entrance. Clearly the witch does not wish to be disturbed.

Malia: “I don’t see us getting in now.”

Me: “Surely we can make it past.”

Malia: Do we really need to enter the temple? The witch is probably worse than that golem."

1. Convince Malia we should attempt to gain entrance.
  2. Agree we should seek something else.
  3. Maybe something in this pack can help us.
2 Likes

I decide that we should go somewhere else. I look through the contents of the pack, and pick up the map. It seems to be a map of the area around the mountain. I find the temple on the map, and then look around to see if there’s anywhere else we could go. Two things catch my eye:

1. There appears to be a back entrance to the temple, some ways down the other side of the mountain. Of course… I think. The other temple had a back entrance, too. That’s how I escaped. Maybe this could be the way we get into the temple.

2. On the very top of the mountain, it looks like there was some sort of landmark, but it has been scribbled out. I wonder what it is?

Or maybe I should:
3. Try to get in through the front entrance. Maybe, since I haven’t stolen anything from this temple, they’ll let me in

1 Like

As we come close to the back entrance to the Temple, i spot another golem and stop Malia and Kalion from going closer.

The golem is humanoid in shape, but it have large hands that have three fingers on them, the head is in a pointy shape, with one big, glowing eye. Instead of wearing metal armor like the witch’s golem, its wearing leather armor which have a large metal plate that have a symbol ingraved on it.

Malia: “Thats the sorcerers symbol.

Me: “But how are we going to get in?

1: Malia: “Don’t worry, i will freeze it with my ice magic.
2: Me: “Kalion, could you distract the golem for us?
3: Me: “Leave the golem to me, i will distract it so both of you can get into the temple.

1 Like

I decide to let Malia freeze the golem. We sneak in a little closer, then Malia begins chanting a strange incantation. Seconds later, the golem becomes completely encrusted with thick ice.
“Lets hurry, we don’t know how long this will last” Malia says.
We hurry past the golem and open the door. Inside we see a long, dark tunnel.Closing the door behind us, we carefully walk forwards, trying to be as quiet as possible. After a while, we hear the sound of the golem breaking free of the ice.

The tunnel seems to go on forever. Eventually, we walk straight into a wall. “Ow!” I whisper. I ask Kalion to light up the area. He snorts out a tiny jet of flame which illuminates the corridor for a few seconds.
I see:

1: On the wall we hit, there is an old metal ladder leading way, way up into thmountain.

2: Of to the right, the tunnel branches off. I can see a faint green glow coming from that direction.

3: The tunnel also branches to the right. Behind a reinforced wooden door, I hear strange… Growling noises…? I’m not sure what to make of them.

1 Like

We desides to go into the reinforced wooden door, because i was curious about the growling noises coming from it.

As we enter the room, i see a large, wolf like creature that is chained to the floor and is almost as big as the golems in the room which all have the same appearance to the one Malia froze outside not long ago.

The wolf seems to be forcefully trained by the Golems but for what, i still don’t know.

I also see some keys hanging not far away from the door.

1: Maybe we should free the wolf, i mean if it causes some trouble for the witch’s plans, then thats good.
2: Lets take the keys, they may be usefull for us inside the temple.
3: Lets get out of this room before the Golem’s spots us.

1 Like

I’ll take the keys

1 Like

take the keys nesquik