The Wrong Piece Discussion

So I noticed when I bought Furno Bike a while back, brand new,sealed, in the box art, it showed a 2008 style bionicle hand connector. But when I built the set, it came with a ccbs bionicle hand connector which is odd. Share your experiences about Lego putting wrong pieces in sets here.

3 Likes

That’s unusual

Is there any chance that it was a bootleg?

Bricklink says that some sets included the CCBS style socket as an alternate item:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=I

2 Likes

Not to my knowledge. It had everything legit and the pieces were lego printed.

That’s just something that happens with the 2010 Hero Factory sets. It’s a similar situation to the Pearl Gold Kraahkan, where the specific piece required has stopped being produced, so sets bought later in the year or in 2011 will include the new mold rather than the original.

As far as I’m aware, the CCBS socket pieces can appear on any of the 2010 sets, and I’ve already found copies of Furno, Breez, Bulk and Furno Bike with them.

Similarly, all the Pearl Silver pieces in the sets were switched to Flat Silver later in the run, as Pearl Silver had halted production and been replaced with Flat Silver for the next line of sets. This means Bulk comes in both Flat Silver and Pearl Silver armour, and Surge can have either shade of silver limbs. Furno’s weapon is also affected - the handle part can be either Pearl or Flat silver.

The villains, on the other hand, come only in flat silver, as they were released later than the heroes, after the change had been made.

Another case happened in the following year, where all early copies of Jetbug still contained the old socket design for some reason. As far as I’m aware, this was far more prevalent than the CCBS sockets and silver changes the previous year, as I’m yet to acquire a copy of Jetbug without them.

1 Like

If you look on some of the 2016 Nexo Knights sets, the box artwork depicts them with shoulder armor that is dual-molded in silver and neon orange. However, on the art, it also shows the shoulder pads being half silver and half orange, whereas they are actually completely orange with silver outlines:

Compare Clay’s armor with what he actually has:

1 Like