Thor: Love and Thunder

Yes, there will be a Thor 4.
And yes, this will be it’s title.
Let’s talk about it.

Honestly, this whole thing seems to be more of a parody for me, but it is actually a real thing and it actually hides a really awesome thing that I am extremely excited for.
First off, Thor: Love and Thunder (I am sorry, I just can’t take that name seriously) will hit theatres on 5th of November, 2021 so we will have to wait quite a while for it.
In the same time, we don’t know anything about it, and we know too much about it. First off, it will obviously have Thor Odinson back which leads me to think that we might have a little bit of a Guardians cross-over, seeing that at the end of Endgame Thor joins the Guardians of the Galaxy. Tessa Thompson is back as Valkyrie and yes, she was confirmed to be lesbian, to my mixed bag of opinions.
Then here is the bomb: Natalie Portman is back as Jane Foster, which will take the mantle of Thor!

Guys, you can’t imagine how stocked I am on this. We will finally have our first mantle passing, if you exclude Cap’s (I still think that Bucky should have became the new Captain). Besides this, they are finally going back and fixing up all the annoying and bad characters of Phase 1 and 2 which is just fantastic.
Thor: Love and Thunder seems to be a comedic, Thor: Ragnarok-type of love story. Taika Waititi (the father of Thor as we know him now) is back to direct the film.
Honestly, I am extremely curious on this movie and out of all of the movies coming in the next two years, this one easily attracts my interest the most. It can be a bad movie extremely easily, I honestly don’t want another Captain Marvel, but a new Thor trilogy with a new Thor and possibly the old Thor too just makes me go nuts.

2 Likes

But this one is not a happy one. Cap’s deserved it, he had his run, but we’ve had three movies with new-Thor. He’s essentially a completely new character, and I don’t like the idea that he won’t be “Thor” much longer.

Plus, that logo… it scares me. I don’t know why, but so far, I’m afraid that the tone of this movie just won’t match up with the glory of Ragnarok.

Well, Watiti is directing, and I am taking too much out of too little, so I will wait and see before I make any lasting statements.

3 Likes

It seems like an 80’s action figure line. I love it!

3 Likes

I absolutely love the logo; makes me think of a few different things, including the old 80’s He-Man logo, a southwest US license plate from like Nevada or somewhere, and old rock band albums. I really get the vibe that this will be a buddy road trip sort of thing, which I am quite excited about. Jane Foster being back is intriguing, and it sounds like they’re going to be doing more interesting stuff with her than Thor and The Dark World did. And Valkyrie looking for a girlfriend? Sign me up! Honestly, out of all the Phase 4 films they’ve announced, this is the one I’m most interested in. (Well, Black Widow as well, but Endgame kinda dampened my excitement for that one, so…)

3 Likes

I kind of thought the mantle of Thor was passed to Valkyrie in Endgame with the whole “Queen of Asgard” thing. But Jane Foster getting Thor’s, like, powers? I’m scared, but I’m sure Taika Waititi can pull it off.
Plus, as someone who grew up on He-Man, I love that logo design.

1 Like

Possible guardians and female Thor are more than enough to get me sold.

1 Like

The fact that Natalie Portman is returning sold me, she’s a great actress when given good material looking at you star wars/Thor 2

1 Like