Thrasos, Harbinger of Ice

The second of the six Harbingers, Thrasos harnesses the elemental power of Ice.

As with Kratos, more photos can be seen in the video on my YouTube channel of the same name, or on the facebook page.

58 Likes

Looks pretty great! The only things I can find to critique is the small splashes of trans lt. blue and the textures; more trans lt. blue would serve as an accent color and keep it from being limited to his back and shield. Second, the mix between smooth CCBS and greeble-y old Bionicle pieces looks a little bit off in some places, namely his upper arms and shoulders. However, I don’t think it is too big of an issue.

Also, this photography is top-notch.

2 Likes

Love everything, especially the torso. Only things I have a problem with is the legs and the spear. The legs seem either too long or too thin for his giant torso. I feel the arms are a good size but the legs seem a bit off to me. The spear looks great just the sword at the end I feel should be longer or bigger, it looks like a really small weapon compared to the size of Thrasos. That’s just my complaints though, still love him, overall great moc.

2 Likes

@ReeseEH I was hoping to blend the two textures a bit more seamlessly, but it didn’t work out too well. With the shoulders I was kind of thinking Glaciers with the large CCBS pieces.

@Power.Mocs I think the friction adders may be the main culprit of the length of the legs, which prevented the MOC from constantly falling at the waist. However I do agree the legs are pretty long compared to the torso.

Thankyou both for the compliments :smiley:

2 Likes

I think this MOC needs a bit more light blue other whys nice MOC.

Looks pretty neat

Love that shield! Great quality photos as well.

@Blue_Robots I was using the trans-blue old hand connector pieces first released with 06 Matoro, but it was a slightly different shade of blue to the large bone pieces, so I had to swap them for the plain black CCBS variations instead. I also had some trans blue claw pieces on the waist kind of like a ribcage, but they kept on falling off… I didn’t have very good luck with blue parts on this MOC :smiley:

@LTVmocs Thanks!

@BenV Thankyou, the shield is probably the part of the MOC I’m most happy with.

1 Like

Any issues I have with it have pretty much already been stated.
As it is, however, it still looks really cool.

Needs more trans blue or no trans blue. But other than that I really like this, the build is pretty creative.

1 Like

Great Ice build, I love the spear construct. I also understand the limitation of parts for ice theme builds. I used the same shoulder parts to bulk up my Ice King, and took a few designs to get better results. So keep working him, and you will find that blend. Also, I like the trans blue with white for a color theme, but you could use a few parts in. Maybe lightsaber beams to fill or one dot round pieces to place in the technic holes. Anyways great build, love the spear and the custom body.

That shield is great. The torso has some texture issues though

@AdamusTheFirst Thankyou :smiley:

@BBricks Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind for my plan to upgrade all the Harbingers into a Nuva-style form - If I ever get around to it. I need to focus on making this current wave of villains now.

@Izewolf Thanks, and yeah, finding enough parts for MOCs with a white colour scheme has alway been a bit of a struggle for me.

@Omega_Tahu Thanks, I’m not too happy with the torso either compared to the rest of the MOC. This was my third attempt at a torso for this MOC, so I’d kind of given up at this point :smiley:

2 Likes

These harbingers are AMAZING!