Times you got Scammed Online

I could not find any topic about this, so I decided to make it myself.

Have you ever purchased something at Ebay (or any other shopping site), that you though was a super deal, but when it arrived turned out to be a scam? I always see LEGO YouTubers make videos about how they got scammed on Ebay… So why not discuss together? Share your experiences!

I found a sealed Ewok Village for £30, but it never came. Luckily I got a refund after.

1 Like

Dude, that is an insane deal! But apparently it was to good to be true…

Something said that the electronic kick drum I got works well with my electronic drum set, but it rarely works

1 Like

A few years ago, I bought some things that I don’t remember that were each $5 when they’re usually about $50 each. And they never came, I don’t know if I got a refund or not either. (I was only 8 or 9 at the time)

2 Likes

How could you buy online at such a young age? I don’t know about you, but as far as I know you need to be at least 13 or 14 in order to have a bank account… Unless you used your parents’ account

ZI remember on amazon I had ordered a model I wanted for half off; I should’ve seen the scam. The seller only had that one Gunpla and the rest was home stuff. Checking the feedback turns out multiple people fell for the scam since no one had actually gotten an order from said seller. No refund but it was only 10$ so I just reported the account.

I had also ordered something off eBay (i was living in a support / group home at the time.) and while it wasn’t a scam on the sellers side I never got it since it was delivered though some disabled ahole probably stole it. Again only 10$ so not a big deal.

2 Likes

One time I bought a package from BL, and it didn’t come when it was supposed to.

Some person took it, realized it was LEGO, and put it back.

1 Like

It was a sad day when I learned John Wick didn’t really need my help.

3 Likes

Wait what? What do you mean?

It turns out John Wick had his own credit card

3 Likes