Tips To Start MOCing

Anyone have some advice to build custom legs?

In my experience, TECHNIC is usually the way to go. Generally it’s best to start with larger parts that have lots of connection points. Like these:

3 Likes

Legomaster1378’s advice is pretty solid, but if you want to have more CCBS having something more like this helps:

9 Likes

If you have more G1 parts, go with legomaster’s advice. That’s what I did for about two years. When I started making my MOCs a lot more CCBS oriented, I went in the vein that Omega_Tahu suggested, although I personally use the clip holes more than I do balljoints for attaching CCBS plates.

3 Likes

The third one is perfect for thighs

2 Likes

Thanks[quote=“Sammythekat, post:21, topic:36087”]
that’s not how human articulation works.
[/quote]

It will save me from my moc

1 Like

Thing is, that’s how it moves. I don’t know of any animal that has double jointed knees

She is not supposed to be a human and I could have done better poses with her

Ok, still no animal I know of moves like that, and good poses help a lot. anyways, probably off topic.

But toa mata have the worlds best poses?

criticism is just white noise

8 Likes

only until you get your ears checked, n00b

5 Likes

i can’t hear you i need to get my ears checked

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: HowTo: MOC Tutorials

I managed to figure out a great way to give female MOCs uhhh good chests…
because i lack the space to take photos of one of them this will be a LOT harder to explain (i am not cool enough to have figured out how to use this on a more complex MOC i just use it on inika builds cause thats how i discovered it)

It uses the Metru Matoran body piece and 2 of the long pins (found pictures on internet i didnt take these) By putting 2 of the pins in the top 2 holes of the chest piece it allows it to be put onto the inika torso (that wasnt as hard as i thought it would be) Another way to make your female MOC look a little more feminine is to use boh rok feet in my opinion they look kind of like high heels. I find it best to use them with same color shin pieces to make them kind of look like boots…I dont know but thats how i make most of my female Bionicles I dont make huge amazing MOCs because i lack the amount of pieces to make amazing complex characters though every once in a while i make a complex ish MOC but ya thats just a few tips on how to make your inika or any other moc look more feminine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Amen to that

1 Like

We all forgot a very important tip. Don’t start huge flame wars directing your hatred to a guy reviewing your MOC on YouTube just because he gave some critique.

9 Likes

Dont get intimidated by other MOCers and their creations. Their MOC babies maybe more detailed, more complex, and or a lot larger, but remember that your MOC baby is YOUR BABY, cerish it and love it despite anything. Nurture it and help it develop, one day that baby might run for MOC President or be a MOC Astronaut.

8 Likes

:pray::pray::pray:AMEN TO THAT​:pray::pray::pray:

5 Likes

just do like me and use cloth to hide the gaps and bad build of the mocs

6 Likes