Tirodax

Tirodax was once two beings: a toa of iron named Tirone, and a Makuta named Dekidax. When the makuta realized that toa of iron would pose one of the greatest threats to their new armor, they made a strike team to eliminate the all, and this team was lead by Dekidax.

Dekidax was known for his sadistic and morbid personality through the matoran universe and was once put as the makuta of the island of karzahni, though him and karzahni got along a little too well for Teridaxe’s liking. Once he made the strike team, he put Dekidax in charge of it for three main reasons: 1) he was an incredible and savage fighter, and could easily defeat most other makuta in a fight, 2) because teridax was afraid that if Dekidax and karzahni continued to be in close contact that they would try and overthrow him, and finally 3) because if he couldn’t kill toa of iron, then they posed an even bigger threat than teridax had initially thought. Dekidax gladly took the opportunity to hunt and kill toa, as he was getting a little bored with torturing matoran on the island of katzahni. Over the years, He hunted and killed almost every single toa of iron with his strike team, but one toa ruined his perfect kill streak: Tirone.

Before Tirone became a toa, he was a courier for the nynrah ghosts, transporting and smuggling goods from one secret base to another. He was one of the best couriers they had, behind only one other: Bretton. This mostly didn’t bother Tirone, as second best is still second best, however Bretton was constantly bragging about being the best, which sometimes got under his skin. After one such bragging session, Tirone decided to follow Bretton to discover what smuggling routes he took, but he soon discovered why Bretton was successful as he was: he was working directly with the makuta.

While the Makuta’s evil intentions had not come to light yet, he still didn’t appreciate that Bretton was basically cheating. He decided to get close enough to hear what they were saying, and what he heard shocked him: Bretton was telling the makuta the locations of all of the Nynra Ghosts’ hideouts so that the makuta could wipe them out. Bretton then asked for his reword, and was promptly decapitated by the makuta (of course) Tirone knew he had to warn the others, but his little matoran legs weren’t fast enough and the makuta who killed Bretton had already destroyed the base he was at and killed everyone inside. Tirone searched for survivors, but there were none.

At last he found the body of their base leader, a Turaga of iron, clutching a glowing orange stone to his chest. Tirone touched the strange stone, and instantly felt toa power surge through him. The stone was a toa stone. He then vowed to destroy the makuta who had done this to his people. He equipped himself with gear from the hidden stash that had fortunately remained untouched by the raid and grabbed the prototype recreation of the midak skyblaster. He used his old courier routes and contacts to discover the location and mission of this savage makuta, and when he learned of the truth, he vowed that even the toa code would not prevent him from killing the makuta. He also learned the name of this makuta: Dekidax.

Dekidax and Tirone fought many times, with each battle ending in one of the retreating. They were equally matched in fighting skills, and neither seemed to be able to finish the other. They became obsessed with killing each other. It consumed there lives. Finally, there last battle took place in the swamps of karda nui. Tirone had been severely injured in there last fight and had retreated to karda nui, but Dekidax had tracked him down. It looked like Dekidax had finally gotten the upper hand, and Tirone end would be soon. But the mutagen in Karda nui had taken its role on both of them, and their fight became unpredictable once again, northern could gain the upper hand.

The fight lasted for several years, and near the end, it was a simple fist brawl, as they’d both lost their weapons long ago. Finally, Tirone managed to get above Dekidax and tackled him. They both tumbled into an unstable pool of pit mutegen and protodermis. And that is when the energy storms started again. It should have been impossible for anything to survive that, but it energized the protodermis they were in, and instead of killing them, it combined them, and the became the being now known as Tirodax. Once the storms were over after Teridax died, Tirodax crawled from the rubble. He lived for many years roaming in the darkness of the fallen robot, until eventually he was rescued by the remaining Nynra ghosts, who had many question and experiments for the strange monstrosity that is Tirodax.

This is my entry for Cordax’s cool contest. Thanks for viewing!

17 Likes

Nice implementation of the shoulder armor.

1 Like

His head looks like Klakk.

2 Likes

He sure looks like a monstrous fusion, that’s for sure. Also the backstory is really interesting and good.

1 Like

One major suggestion I have for you: Paragraph breaks. It’ll turn big blocks of text like that into something a bit more manageable to read.

2 Likes

I like this.

2 Likes

Ah yes, I can see how that would help. I’ll get right on that

@TheMOCingbird, thanks. I have to say that the shoulder armor did give me a bit of trouble at first

@Brickbot99 and @Rukah, thanks!

@Enbeanie i noticed that too, and I even considered building that into his story somehow, but I just decided to leave that be. Besides, I might end up changing the head later.

2 Likes

Love the purple and blue colour scheme!

1 Like