Toa anatomy advice needed

Hello everyone !
I’m coming back with a little idea, making a new toa anatomy for a TTRPG campaign, like they are whole new toas.
But I got an issue with the main body: I want to use a metru torso, nuva shoulder pads and hordika breast plate. There below is my last attempt

As you can see the sockets are below the hordika plate and can’t move well. So, there is a way to change the shoulder anatomy to not have this obstruction ?

Thanks in advance ! :grin:

12 Likes

What does it look like from other angles?

There. The shoulder connect is the same as vanilla metru build.

4 Likes

Hmm. Maybe put the ball joint where the technic bush is now and use more connectors?

Hmm… It seems not doable just with the ball :

Any ideas ?

3 Likes

Maybe move the hordika chestplate forward a bit so that you can have more room for the connector parts?

I have, and I tried something else:

TestShoulder1

As you can see, not very conclusive…

4 Likes

Maybe use a toa metru leg instead of an inika leg?

It give the same result.
I think the shoulder is still the problem.

1 Like

Yeah the metru shoulder is kind of an anoying place for ball-jointed shoulder articlulation…

You could use a through-ball and a 3L axle with stopper. It won’t change the shoulder build dimensionally, but could go a long way toward stabilizing it for you. Those closed balls come off a lot more easily

1 Like

Like this ?

I don’t like the push over of the torso, but is not the definitive version of it, it just a temporary solution, will maybe upgrade it later…

2 Likes

Sorry it took me so long to reply, busy couple of days

I built an example of what I meant:

This at least can help to stabilize the build of your current model. Not sure how helpful that actually is for you though, considering you might not commit to this arrangement

1 Like

I don’t know the brown piece, what is it ?

Also, I have already done something like this, but I will try again with the push of the plate.

EDIT: Still doesn’t fit with the hordika plate:

Moreover, I can’t snap the Ignika arm/leg anymore, and the bulk feels VERY weird…

1 Like

One solution could be to increase the distance between the torso and shoulder by using a longer axle

Like this:

or this:

It appears to be “Technic, Axle 3L with Stop,”

A piece that Lego has never produced in any other color :pensive:

4 Likes

Okay thanks ! I will try those ideas ^^

Just for curiosity, why did you using gears inside the torso ? There is a mechanism in the back of the toa ?

EDIT: Work very vell ! Like the bulk figure it give on toas, thank you ! :heart:

2 Likes