Toa Dume, The Flame Gladiator (ver.Bu)

Hi Friends!
I’m so glad Eljay and Meso had back! :blush: :blush:
Now I can’t wait the process of the contest!

To celebrate their return, we will share one personal practice work!
This is just a simple MOC, but I’m glad if this made you fun!

【Toa Dume - ver.Bu】

Kanohi : Kiril (modeled by Redstar forge)
Tool : Prominence Blade & Volcano Shield
Element : Fire

Sorry to a few photos! this is just practice! :rofl:
But as “practice”, I designed him with a little concepts…

Redstar Forge’s Kiril is very cool!
And I tested to harmonize its design with pure pieces!

Dume is the most old Matoran-into-Toa of fire who known by fans.
So I chooce “Volcano” for his motif, for as being that contains Fire and Magma for thouthands age.
And I saw that its shape looks like Metru Nui’s Coliseum!

And I chooce Sword & Shield as his tool.
I know a Hammer is popular by fans, but I thought to trying something.
So I got inspiration for his weapons from a special place called the Coliseum.
Coliseum. In other words, it’s a arena.
And it is the gladiators who fight in the arena … An ancient warrior.

Thank you for seeing!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

51 Likes

When you see “ver.Bu”, you do not finish your video, you click.

19 Likes

whoah.nice! a trifle more simple than some o’ your other builds, but still great.

is it just me or is the right shoulder armour slightly misplaced?
great job though. i love the weapon choice.

5 Likes

Thank you @Winger ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
I’m glad to you said so! There is many thing that I want to do (includes ver.Bu, Armhead-MOC, and more…)… :expressionless: :relieved: :blush:

Thank you @Enbeanie ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
Sorry to its simply structure! this is just a practice MOC! :joy:

Oh sorry! but it’s not a misplaced, just slipped! :sweat_smile:
Both shoulder armor has same structure! :wink:

4 Likes

He looks kind of like a shadow toa to me.
But either way he looks really cool, I like the design choices.

2 Likes

If there was one thing to improve–and trying to find something that can be improved on this is a tall order–I would either omit the yellow specks on his legs and pommel or put a little yellow in his upper body. These pieces are just sorta there as they are and they seem out of place. Other than that, I have no idea how one could possibly top this. The volcano symbolism is a stroke of ■■■■■■■ genius.

3 Likes

I really like this, though I feel the above area of the moc looks a bit too skinny compared to everything else. that sword design is genius though

2 Likes

Colour choice looks great.
The flowing shape that you did with the volcano theme is fantastic and the weapons are really unique. Love that shield so much.

2 Likes

Thank you @Rukah !:revolving_hearts:
I agree, it looks too black…I thhnk that If I paint the mask with red and black, it will be looks better! :yum:

Thank you @SirKeksalot ! :heart:
I used a gold pieces on his shoulder, but it may too few, right?:confounded:
I’ll try more gold later!

Thank you @wild_toa !:heart:
Lhikan may inspired by him, so I used this piece, but I agree to you! I’ll try to fix… :confounded::blush:

Thank you @Alucia! :heart:
I’m very happy to you love it!! :heart_eyes::revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

I always look forward to seeing your next build! You always amaze me that you are able to take a simple body frame like the metru torso and make a really cool looking moc, clever sword blade design :ok_hand:

2 Likes

It might be the lighting, but I didn’t actually see them before you pointed it out. Little specks here and there are the way to go, but I think you can make them clearer in his lower arms. Not sure where else they can go without making the color scheme too messy.

3 Likes

BABE WAKE UP NEW VER.BU JUST DROPPED

I really like the design concepts in here. The volcano motif is very cool. I like that you didn’t elect to give him a hammer, it makes this Dume really stand out. I also like the use of Mata red rather than Metru red, and also that you didn’t use the marbled Kiril (or paint a mask to have black marbling). The shield looks very nice as well.

My only critiques that I’d offer are that the gold appears kind of out-of-place (there are five very small gold pieces across the whole moc, and only three are readily visible at any time), and that the sword may look better with a blue core rather than a red one, to better harmonize with his Badge of Office. However, I am aware that that piece does not come in trans-blue, so trans-red may have been the better option overall.

Very nice work!

6 Likes

Thank you @Eilrach ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
I think this MOC is little simple, but Lhikan may inspired by Dume, so I thought to I have to use the “Metru-body” for him!
But I’m glad to you like it! :heart_eyes: :revolving_hearts:

Thank you again @SirKeksalot ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
yes, this is my mistake. I shall adjust the lighting!
But I’m glad you take care the color scheme of my Dume! Thanks! :wink: :revolving_hearts:

Thank you @KDNX ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
I’m glad to you like the black Kiril!
But I may paint it with Red & black for he has be looked like a Shadow Toa! :joy:
But You agreed to my first plan of coloring! Thanks!
(About gold… I think again later!)

7 Likes

This is that hotness. Straight fire. Flames. What a rad and unique-looking toa design. He gives off more blacksmith energy than Vakama did!

Very nice touch :ok_hand:

1 Like

yesssss

1 Like

beautiful.

Utterly beautiful.

1 Like