Toa Gaaki (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

I know what in gonna say is out of topic here, but I think we (if not, I) found a perfect thigh build for Toa Nikila. (Would you mind if I use this design for my Nikila moc?)

Now to the build. I like the leg design and build but cant say the same with the arms. I feel the arm looks a little too lanky compared to the rest of her. The body is okay nothing to say here really.

please don’t give another female Toa an unnecessary butt, the world has enough already

9 Likes

corpulent gaaki wasn’t enough huh

you play a dangerous game, friend garvox. I watch from afar.

6 Likes

I suspected there would be that one Gaaki

I saw the first picture and thought it looked cool. I saw the second and thought “Huh, okay, interesting pose…” I saw the third and…

Ho, that booty!

In all seriousness, you did succeed in making her look feminine. I don’t think Gaaki needs to look any more feminine than the other Hagah, but I’m amazed by the fact that you used a Nuva-shoulder rear and kept it looking relatively proportional. That’s no mean feat on a Metru build. And the gear in the chest is… smart? I think it looks good however you take it, 'cause honestly I didn’t interpret it as breasts at first.

2 Likes

I really like this moc, it certainly will make her stand out among her companions as well as other toa builds :slight_smile:

1 Like

That looks awesome, I really like the added details

1 Like

what in karzahni

7 Likes

Obviously I’m not a judge, so take everything I’m about to say with a grain of salt until someone official comments on it: Looking at it purely from a rule-based perspective, not only does it blatantly disregard the height limit, but I fail to see how “thicc Gaaki” is in any way meaningfully different from any hypothetical “thicc/thunderthighs Pouks” model that would get Rule 11’d. Additionally, while I suppose it passes the metallic parity clause, it only just does so with those two obliging gold pieces on the thighs.

If you want more of a personal opinion, Winger summed up my thoughts pretty succinctly:

7 Likes

The model has been altered to comply with the rules

1 Like

Opens post and flicks the scroll wheel once.
Hey, that’s a nice torso, and a cool choice for mask with the gold color.
Scrolls down another notch.
But, why?!

5 Likes

How to make TTV users angry: slap a Nuva shoulder on the back of a thigh, 60% of the time works everytime.
Honestly, I don’t get why people seem to have a problem with this Gaaki, especially when there have been multiple inverted-torso Poukses submitted and they all have just as sizeable behind.

I like the model, but to be fair I’m not a big fan of the colors (as others have pointed out regarding this and other gold-and-blue Gaaki entries, there’s too much Toa of Psionics in this Toa of Water). Also not really liking how she lacks big shoulderpads, something that in my mind is characteristic for the Toa Hagah (and Metru as well).

Overall though, it’s a pretty neat MOC. Good job!

5 Likes

because they all look incredibly dumb

5 Likes

Good MOC, I like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad to see you changed it to fit in the rules better. I respect the decison to not allow the the mask to be changed as it is quite a good choice of mask, it really fits well. I like the shaping everywhere except the rear. I genuinely believe the Moc would look much better without a Nuva butt, regardless it will be interesting to see how such a design decision affects this entries stand in the polls, good luck!

2 Likes

I just want to point out that Earth, magnetism, and Sound all share the same exact same color scheme.
Why is gold Gaaki such a big deal?

4 Likes

Yeah and I don’t like that either.

1 Like

The height and connection fix were great, but there are still some insecure connections that would make this a difficult moc to work with in physical form.

For example, the front shin armour connects via a friction pin which can freely pivot: image

This would be ok as long as nobody touched the shins, but also consider that the shin armour is close to contacting the foot in a neutral position: image

Every time you would try to bend the leg forward, the shin armour would push against the foot and move around its pivot point.

There’s a few more issues too. The breasts are connected via two frictionless axle connections and one frictionless pin connection, which means they would rattle around. The socket at the top of the thigh would be at a slight angle due to the colliding geometry of the pieces involved, and would pivot if not for the visorak foot blocking it in. The visorak foot on the front of the thigh would pivot freely around its single connection, and if it pivoted too much then the thigh would become destabilised too (see image):

3 Likes

This would be ok as long as nobody touched the shins, but also consider that the shin armour is close to contacting the foot in a neutral position:

If my foot bended forward like you want it to, I’d go see a doctor

Some parts are wobbly because she is meant to look good, not to be playable

Go see a doctor? I just mean bend forward, like this:

This position would be impossible because of the part clipping. Even much less extreme bends would be impossible.

4 Likes

It’s almost like it’s a bad design that only exists to force in uncharacteristically round shaping for the purposes of adding sexual characteristics to a handful of fully asexual species. Like every time it’s standard Bonkle Faire until the backshot, which is “Surprise, badly disjointed buttocks!”

(It would look bad on dudes too but there seems to be a distinct lack of those compared to female MOCs, I wonder why)

9 Likes