Toa Gavla of Tuyet’s regime

As tensions rose between the recently founded Empire of Toa and the Brotherhood of Makuta, Tuyet secretly claimed her ultimate weapon in the war she saw as inevitable.
Jaller’s Toa Avokai had successfully located and claimed the great Avohkii, but the masks power could not be harnessed…until Matoro found Gavla.

Trained be the empress herself secretly in the citadel of Metru-Nui, Gavla was given the avohkii, which reacted to her nature as an av-matoran…

And transformed her into this universe’s first Toa of Light!
Kept a complete secret by Tuyet from all but Matoro and Ahkmou(now a fiercely loyal shadow Toa), Gavla would hone her powers. She would prepare and train, for Tuyet was plotting the best possible moment to reveal her once war broke out with the Makuta.

Gavla’s original light-blade was converted into a spear, which she kept and trained with more out of nostalgia than anything.

But her most fearsome weapon was given by the Avohkii itself. Her Toa tool, “The Rending Light”

This powerful gauntlet bore golden claws that could shine with energy an cleaves through any armors. While the claws sliced, the tool could also charge a beam of light that could be fired from the golden wrist mechanism.

Despite her seeming apotheosis, Gavla remained prideful and her arrogance seemed to grow. Ahkmou and Gavla were now even more disagreeable with each other, but they played nice whenever Tuyet was around. Eventually, the two would come to a tentative truce. They were two halves of a spiteful whole, and Gavla wanted to keep it that way, as light and shadow.

For secretly, Gavla feared what Ahkmou represented. That she too could one day be stripped of her light by the empress despite her power, and lose all glory…
But Gavla wasn’t too worried about such a thing. So long as Tuyet wanted victory over the Makuta, she would need Gavla’s light to slay them with. In the meantime, Gavla could plot for her own future…

I tried my best to make this look different from Takanuva. With as few gold pieces I have, I figured using the blades in a different way could help.
Hope you enjoy, I’m working on a …different Gavla that’ll be posted soon

12 Likes

looks great!

3 Likes

Looks good, it does resemble Takanuva a bit much but then there’s not a lot you can do with white+gold+Avohkii. I’m really liking the lore you’re building for this alternate universe, too. Oh and the moc looks great.

4 Likes

A great looking moc, and I absolutely love the lore! The Toa Empire AU is one of the most interesting settings in all of Bionicle IMO, and I love anything to do with it. You’ve certainly done an excellent job here!

2 Likes