Toa Hagah - all together now

After taking all the feedback into consideration, I updated my original four designs and placed them next to the two official Hagah. Initially, I had just planned to upload a photo of the team against the white background… But then I remembered the awesome Hagah commercial, and decided to do a quick little edit, placing them in a harsh environment similar to the one from the commercial! So here they are - Pouks, Gaaki, Kualus and Bomonga 2.0.

I’d like to thank everyone who took the time to give feedback - your constructive criticism has been a great help and motivational force, both for the individual Toa and this group shot - so this one’s definitely for you.

The Toa Hagah

Kualus

Bomonga

Pouks (the mask would be colored silver)

Gaaki

29 Likes

I think the best part is the way you made the spear tip for Kualus. Theres a few things I see that wouldnt be permitted in the contest, but fun designs overall

2 Likes

That Kualus is just simply amazing!

but then again I’m just a sucker for Ice Toa

1 Like

I see you gave pouks apropriately sized thighs. I really like the use of the komau on his forearms

2 Likes

the most creative build here is Gaaki and Pouks though I love the contours of your Kualus, and Bomonga has clever limbs, though he looks a bit like a Toa of gravity, but great use of the thunder head too. An interestingly enough I made a similar spear tip for a giant alternate Bomonga I finished but haven’t posted a few months back.

2 Likes

I really don’t like hunchback Gaaki, can we stop making hunched over Toa of Water

3 Likes

Kualus is by far my favorite of the bunch, Love Gaaki’s build and overall look but the orange just pulls me out of it.

If I was making changes to her I’d swap the orange tube on mask for sliver or dark blue. the spear connector for black, the samurai loincloth (could not find the part so not sure on options) in either dark blue, or sliver, and the feet in medium blue. The issue is then metallic on feet, but could attach some sliver bohrok eyes to them to fit that requirement and still keep the aquatic look.

1 Like

They don’t have any rhotuka launchers which is a bit sad, they were a big part of their weapons, fun designs overall, maybe not my ideal Hagah though. My favorite is probably Kualus

1 Like

@Takutanuva Thanks! I had all those mini-weapons lying around and never used them :sweat_smile:which parts are you thinking of?
@The_Blue_Panda Wow, thanks a lot! Glad you like him! :star_struck:
@GX_05 Haha thanks - I definitely tried to make him a chunky dude :smiley:
@BionicleBoss Thank you very much for your kind words! The spear tip is a pretty simple but effective design I think :blush:
@Voxovan Based on statistics, I concluded that a Toa team should at least have one hunchback
@cynic1987 Thanks! He seems to be the favorite of a number of people here :smiley: And thank you for your input - I kinda like the orange, but I might try out some less colorful options for her!
@Tarkur sure they do, I just didn’t attach them - but don’t worry, they’ll be in the final pics :wink:

2 Likes

well, you have my vote (at the current moment)

1 Like
Full text and Problems

I like them overall from a design view. The thing is that Norik and Iruini don’t really fit, but you made a great choice by making them only half clones. They all got things that make them stand out, but there are small problems in the color distribution on Gaaki and Bomonga being their feet. They would probably all have to have fully metallic feet. With Gaaki I only feel like the hunch doesn’t work whick is sommething which is for all water charakters. It just doesnt fit with the swimming motiv, But that should be all my problems. Only one more thing Kualus’ legs break the flow they should be a longer variation. (but thats not really important.

Short: 8/10 is great could be better

1 Like

@GoodGuy2006 Yeeeeehaw!! Thank you very much :star_struck: That comment was a perfect start to my day :hugs:
@Senit Thank you, both for your praise and criticism! I am aware that Gaaki’s and Bomongas feet may have to be changed eventually - however, I think the rules as of right now say something along the lines of “silver is restricted to the feet” - not “the feet have to be silver”. If this changes, I will of course switch them out :slight_smile: I never thought about the hunchback obstructing swimming, but your point absolutely makes sense… hmm. I guess I made my design more according to her character than her element (hunchbacks always looked more agressive and dynamic to me)
As for Kualus’ legs - he DID have longer custom legs, but my impression was that no one liked them, so I changed them! Now I don’t know what to do :laughing: The original ones are here: https://board.ttvchannel.com/t/toa-kualus/59350, but I changed them a bit to make them less skeletal:

1 Like

I’ve really liked seeing these progress of these, Bomonga and Gaaki are my favourites

1 Like

@Eilrach Thanks, I’m happy to hear that! :slight_smile:

Yeah I have seen the original legs already. The idea with the hunchback for the character works.

1 Like

@Senit Oh yeah, I forgot :grin: glad you think so! Which version of the legs do you prefer?

1 Like

I actually like the newer version of the custom ones a bit more. The fit the detailed designs.

1 Like

@Senit I see what you mean - glad you like 'em! Well, that’s gonna be a tough decision :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like