Toa Hagah Bomonga

208 pieces

shoulder armor are breakout Rocka helmets, speartip is drill which I found fitting for an earth channeling and shattering seismic spear, only metru feet and shield and rhotouka don’t come in pearl gold but flat dark gold instead, all gold here represented as chrome gold as the other gold colour options weren’t life-like. I only recently noticed that @Tarkur and a few other’s Hagah mocs had a hordika foot for armor, I was not copying anybody, I also came up with this idea without influence a few months ago. This construct is buildable irl, mata head instead of metru head from turaga whenua head, I added an ingenious way of articulating the shield on actual fist to swivel it to the front or to the side parallel to the length of the forearm by adding 2 parallel technic cams on a bar at 2.5 distance originating from the grip of the fist, the shield is still thus handheld. I filled out the lower legs and foremarm’s gaps with slopes. the thigh construction works irl and is tested for durability and the kranas on the lower legs must be pressed thoroughly into the 1x1 round studs that attach them to the metru shins. Mask of power scream from @Minirigby, I felt this mask fits my model the most because of all the round gear elements. Gear function only moves spear-holding arm

the file itself has faulty collision errors but everything is buildable irl, errors due to improper 3d part model proportions and distortions

18 Likes

I love your “Spear” 's Interpretation, Onu-Toa is the most strongest in physical, and this “Lance-type” is very fit to him! :grinning: :grinning: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

I love how well you’ve managed to actually design a Toa of Earth that looks “noble”! :star_struck: Apart from a very creative armor, I also notice the clever solution for the neck, which obviously allows the Mata head to spin - super cool! My only (minor) concern is whether or not the black greebling on the side of the upper arm is necessary, but this is obviously a micro-issue :wink:
I actually thought about using the same spear end, but the staff always looked too thin - but you managed to solve that issue using tubes and gears, which works very well! Great work!

1 Like

I think its to custom, its a nice moc but probably nothing I would vote for.

1 Like

I’m really impressed by the use of a drill for his spear; it certainly matches a Toa of Earth.

1 Like

This is really nice, not much I would change, but I’m curious as to why you went with the Breakout Rocka Helmets as to the Brain attack ones, which are symmetrical.

2 Likes

@TheFrogman Because much to my dismay the brain attack ones are slightly smaller and don’t fit on the metru thigh socket pieces used for the upper arms well enough, when I did the bricklink order since I only had one breakout helmet I ordered all 3 rocka helmets and then later realized they were the brain attack ones and then noticed this, also since I didn’t have 2 breakout helmets and I wanted to do this shoulder idea so much I decided to go at it with stud.io

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for context.

2 Likes

Very nice and clean MOC, but the shade of gold in the rendered pics is an eyesore

1 Like