Toa Hagah (Canon Contest #3 Honor Guard)

I really like the variety of colors here. It’s not often that you see a lineup that includes gunmetal, copper, and sand blue alongside the usual silver and gold, it really sets them apart.

Wow, how did I miss these before?

Aside from the shields, these are all easily recognizable as Toa Hagah.

I especially love the Huna use on Bomonga’s torso.

thanks man, bomonga’s probably my favorite of these for that reason (lazy non-custom shield aside lol)

Fantastic use of those Hunas!

1 Like

bumping because apparently the contest has started

in order to officially enter your mocs, you need to provide a link this topic here

(also I changed the topic title to meet the requirements for submitting an entry btw)

thank you was looking for that

1 Like

This is a great set, but besides Gaaki, I don’t think they’re eligible for the contest. They banned using greaves instead of thigh armor, and each Hagah has to use only one metallic color. With that said, Bomonga is great, his torso is especially genius, and the ballance of metal blue and copper is impressive.

Gaaki is amazing, too. It perfectly represents what these contest entries have the potential to be, Metru builds that look distinct from the Toa Metru. In general, she’s just a well-designed character- all the shapes flow perfectly, and the spearhead, while long, is perfect as a water weapon.

Your Gaaki is really good. Love the overall shaping.

Can’t say I’m a fan of Pouks though; the HF shest armour is just too jarring for me. Also some of his armour isn’t within the rules.

Kaulus looks very cool/menacing, though again some of the armour placement isn’t allowed I believe.

Bomonga looks beautiful, thought not what I would picture a Hagah looking like. He’s definitely not going to be allowed in his current state though, since you’re only allowed one metallic colour per Hagah.

Thank you for entering! Unfortunately, we can not accept these at this time. The following changes will need to be made:

Gaaki: The hands can not be metallic. They must be a non-metallic color.
Pouks: The shins can not be metallic. Additionally, the thigh armor and feet must be.
Kualus: The shins can not be metallic. Additionally, the thigh armor must be.
Bomonga: Shins can not be metallic, feet and thighs must be. Additionally, entries may not feature more than one metallic color. This one has silver and copper. One of them must be changed.
Overall: We need one (1) breakdown photo for each.

Normally, we’d extend that these changes must be done within three (3) days. In this case, we’re willing to offer you a week to make these corrections. If you decide you are unable/unwilling to, then we will be forced to disqualify the entries.

Thank you for understanding, and keep us posted.

1 Like

sooner or later no one will be able to participate in your contests, just wait

Amazing MOCs, btw, really pushing the boundaries of what you can do within these ludicrous rules (oh wait, can’t) but besides that, these are some of the best entries I have seen so far, MOC-wise.

4 Likes

Sooner or later, you won’t be able to participate on this website, just wait. You’ve already been suspended once for acting this way and you’re just on the path for a sequel.

I get you’re upset, but if you have an issue with the rules then you can take it up with everyone in the community that has spent the last few months arguing for them. Alternatively, you can take your terrible attitude to a place where it’s welcome.

Give it a rest.

13 Likes

what? what kind of ridiculous requirements are those? majority of those things can be edited digitally in the art portion, feet don’t come in metallics other than dark gold and silver (besides metallic blue mata feet i think but i don’t have any). besides that, i don’t have a week, i’m going to be out of town on vacation for a week starting wednesday and there’ll be several hundred miles between me and the mocs lol.

2 Likes

digital recoloring is allowed in this contest, so if you want, you can recolor them to make them contest-compliant.

I do agree that the rules could be made slightly less rigid, however.

…i don’t know how to do that

Fair enough then. We unfortunately will have to disqualify your entries if you won’t be able to make the appropriate adjustments, per the rules of this contest.

@Eljay can gaaki at least be left in? that’s such a minor change, surely we can just pretend the hands are black or i can swap them out? i can post a breakdown tonight

If you have it near you until Wednesday, just swap out the hands on Gaaki and take one breakdown photo along with a photo of the updated MOC, and it can be accepted.

alright can do right now

gaaki with hands changed and breakdown pics

EDIT: since i’ve noticed this in other threads. consent to change metallic color: no unless it’s to metallic blue. consent to change weapon: spear no, shield maybe. consent to change mask: no

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

5 Likes

I quite like the spear tip on this, it has a nice little wave pattern at the bottom.