Toa Hagah Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

The corrections for Gaaki have been completed. Thanks for getting back to me on the clarification! Does my entry officially qualify?

Yup, you’re all good. Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you all for your feedback on Gaaki! I really do appreciate it! I removed most of the accents on her shoulders, and kept it to one Bohrok eye per shoulder. I agree my designs may be a little extra, but I wouldn’t want them to stand out any other way. Cheers!

Hope I can still appeal to you all and win your votes!

1 Like

I think the silver fins look a lot better than before, helps tie the colorscheme together.

1 Like

Now these are really worth voting for. If not that they are especially unique in design, but because of how well thought out they seem to have been. Those original spears/glaives are quite amazing.

2 Likes

Fantastic as always!

1 Like

If nothing else, these Hagah are evidence that good lighting and posing can sell a moc better than anything! But that’s not the only good thing about these.

Gaaki is pretty cool, the orange Bohrok eye adds a nice point of color contrast. The tubing on the Piraka feet reflects the aquatic design of toa of water. The trident is always a good choice, and the Kiina pauldrons add to the fishy design. I don’t love the gaps in the lower legs, and the Piraka foot is a little large and weirdly shaped.

Bomonga looks burly and tough, just like I like him. His shoulders look really solid, like he could bash a few people on a football field. His limbs are also the thicker Vahki leg and that adds to his stocky design. I don’t love the Hordika feet, but I cannot deny that they make him looks sturdier as a result. The spear is a little uninspired, even if you justified it. I also kind of want a thicker chest plate.

Pouks… looks good… if you’re color blind. I’m sorry, but flat dark gold and metru brown don’t mesh together well. I do like his mask, and his shoulders look sufficiently armored. The spear is a little lacking, it just seems not as blunt as a weapon for a toa of stone. His chest armor is a bit narrow and the hordika feet look more out-of-place on his narrower build. Thanks for keeping his torso right-side up!

I have mixed feelings on Kualus. On the one hand, he is a really well-designed moc. On the other, he looks a little too unique from his brethren. The Rahi Control motif really shines through in his design, with his Miru-esque grin betraying confidence. His spear is really nice, I’m surprised I don’t see the Kopaka Nuva weapon more often in these submissions. He sticks out just a little too much (in my opinion) because of the spikes and spiky designs. He’s the only Hagah with shin armor, and the Inika feet seem a little too wild for the stuffy Makuta guardian toa. Is it fair to say I want them to dress a bit more conservative? Probably not, but I’m saying it anyway.

Overall, these are well-made and if nothing else, you’ve shown your Moc’ing chops off to everyone. Despite not being my first pick, I would not be surprised if at one of these makes it far in the contest

3 Likes

I’m not sold

Now don’t get me wrong these are some fantastic mocs but some of these namely Kualus and Gaaki goes a bit overboard in there designs making them a bit to detailed imo. Pouks and Bomonga works better and are probably more akin to something I’d vote for. Either way good luck to you in the contest

1 Like

Maaan! I really liked your original feet for bomonga, and the little ball on the other end of his spear (like a tunning fork)

1 Like

Fantastic!! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
OMG, this is one of best for me for now!

1 Like

Thank you! Means a lot :slight_smile: I love your work!!

2 Likes

I wanna buy all of them! Great job!

1 Like

I think the designs here are a restrained kind of unique, where they are quite distinctive compared to Norik and Iruini but not to the point where I can’t tell if they use a Metru build on first glance. Kaulus might be a tad excessive with the shin armor and choice of feet but I do understand that you wanted to go for the bulked up beasthunter vibe for him, so fair play to you.

As a stickler for the 3-3 ratio I do wish one of them was gold instead of silver (Bomonga personally, black goes with just about everything) but once again not a huge issue, and it’s of course up to your discretion. Regardless of my nitpick preferences I think the builds here are great (especially Gaaki). You certainly put a lot of thought into how they ought to look. Good luck on the contest!

2 Likes

THESE. MOCS. LOOK. AMAZING!!!

You definitely have my vote.

1 Like

Not sure what to think about the 2 gold 4 silver ratio but I do realy like these designs. Those renders are real impressive and I love the aesthetic

1 Like

My favorite so far! Nice job.

1 Like

are you going to enter

2 Likes

Debating. Honestly I love the designs everyone else has made, and I don’t think I have any unique ideas. I may make a drawing for the group shot, but that sounds like a VERY difficult and repetitive drawing, so we’ll see.

Drawing bionicles is one of the most grueling (albeit rewarding) activities, I have no idea how the comic artists did it so much

3 Likes

Gaaki:
I really like this design, the spear tip, the mask, the shoulder armor… but I want Gaaki to be gold, and that’s my biggest concern for her.

Bomonga:
I actually quite like this one, the bulky shoulders especially. My only minor nitpick is that I wish he had another color besides black. Even the shoulder mod is hidden, so that doesn’t bother me here.

Pouks:
Eh, I’m not a big fan of dark Gold and Mettur brown together. Also, the chestplate feels a little off, since it widens at the bottom, while the torso widens at the top. Aside from that, it’s decent.

Kualus:
I love this one. White, light grey and black, with a touch of light blue, those shoulders work surprisingly well, the snowflake chest, the bird-like mask… the only thing I don’t like is that shoulder mod, for personal reasons, but I think I like the rest of the moc enough to look past that.

Love Bomonga! Mask is very cool and the armoring is great!

1 Like