Toa Hagah Canon Contest Format Feedback

Fair enough, although using multiple different references will confuse people. I think stating which colorguide may help subvert confusion. Anyways we off topic now

Lego has no term ‘pearl’

They call it metallic or don’t call it any way

And MSB can’t be excluded from pearls without exclusion of all other Krana colors, including Metru gold and PDG, which are pearl.

Btw, pearl color is any metallic color that isn’t made by coating (like “Metallic” and “Chrome” groups on brickset/Howerter’s chart are done), and this is one of best definition we can get

I’m going to have to agree with Winger here. The moc looks nice, but it looks more like a toa Dume, than a toa of Earth.

If you want Bomonga to have red armor, I suggest using more muted red, like that on Tahu’s canister lid, if you can find a stud.io color pack that includes it.
I do think that red Bomonga has potential, but mata red is very overpowering and indicative of a toa of fire, especially when the secondary color is something neutral like black.

6 Likes

Imagine making pack with 100+ colors, and after that going to search some colorpacks for stuff I need

Tahu’s canister lid looks like copper, which I already made

1 Like

welp …

to each their own, I guess.

Sorry, I hadn’t realized that the lid was copper.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s not copper, all Mata lids seem to have their own unic colors, but closest one is lego old copper, so…

2 Likes

Unfortunately, Stud.io is very hard to use on a touch screen, which it what I have.

@kanohiReqi, I like the idea of honoring Jovan, but I’d give that mask to another Hagah, since all the Toa who currently use one are also primarily black. It could be a good fit for Kualus.

3 Likes

I agree. The Miru or Kadin for Kualus because flight and birds… I just think the association makes sense.

3 Likes

True, though my reasoning was that Kualus would look good with spiky/angular armor, and a mask to match.

2 Likes

Tbh I chose the kadin on Bomonga because the mask fit well with the spiky armor I gave him

1 Like

2008 one exists in black, and that’s an acceptable substitution IMO.

It is fragile, though, so probably best to get fresh ones from Bricklink and never take the resultant MOC apart.

2 Likes

A Toa Hagah to me is: similar foot print/size to the sets, has shield and spear (or at least spear like), wears metallic armour over their primary colour and features some “Metru” identitifable parts like maybe feet or, calf’s or the torso.

I think the red and black looks great together but I’m on the fence as to it being to close to “fire” perhaps purple or orange instead? We even have some purple Bionicle pieces to work with. Also love your choice of mask and the thought behind it :smiley:

2 Likes

never in my three years of existence have I heard the lower leg piece referred to as the calf

absolutely incredible

5 Likes

wait, what? When was your birthday?

my birthday was the same date that I was born

7 Likes

wisdom from the gods

4 Likes

Ghid is a Primarch confirmed.

1 Like

Alright! Clocking in at over 1702 posts, I think this topic has served its primary purpose. Thank you to everybody who participated in discussion on these points over the last 8 days! We really, truly appreciate all the points that were shared and all the debates that were had.

This isn’t the end of the conversation; we’re going to take a day or two to plan, draft, and create a new topic outlining our proposed ruleset so we can get some feedback on what we have, things we’ve forgotten, things that could be refined, etc. Once that’s all said and done, things can truly kick off!

Stay tuned for that, and thanks again everybody.

35 Likes