Toa Hagah Canon Contest Format Feedback

This doesn’t really cover metallic armour on the lower half. Is it acceptable to put the metallic armour on the shins, rather than the thighs?

I say yes.

Well I assumed he used the same method.

<sub>tiny text</sub>
can be stacked, like this:

<sub><sub>tinier text</sub></sub>

Minor nitpick, but this adds a restriction that isn’t technically canon. Everything else is valid, though.

5 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t offering it as the solution, just an example of how something could be formatted and what it might entail.

As I said, this conversation needs to be had, only… Not here. Please I don’t want to be banned

Wait why did it break in your original message but work in my quote

2 Likes

Your secrets have been revealed to me, Now no one is safe!

True

2 Likes

I want to use Metru Torso, but I don’t want to restrict it to be used in a stereotyped form,

While many constraints can limit creativity, but a few constraints, can spring up more creativity.

3 Likes

Why don’t we just make it whoever can jam the most tiny parts onto a build the height of Iruini wins? Boom its done

1 Like

So what you’re saying is, the discussion of what defines a Metru build should happen before the discussion about how the quontests are run, instead of after?

Correct. And not here.

What TTV intends to define them as will determine what exactly occurs in the canon contest, which will determine how it is run. So yes.

6 Likes

Wow this topic blew up…

1 Like

I’m glad my biggest and most remembered contribution to this discussion is Pouks’ thunder-thighs.

15 Likes

These hurt my soul

1 Like

Me too me too

3 Likes

THUNDER :clap: THIGHS :clap:

3 Likes

Like maybe using the metru torsos base construction with a functioning gear box then you may decide how the waist armor and chestplate is attatched and all the rest but this basic construction should be enforced minus what usage of pins or axels you use to connect it all and at what height the waist would be shoudn’t be limited am I making sense:

1 Like

why

That’s probably going to be basically what we get from a MOC contest

3 Likes

I’m guessing it’s the bootleg pieces.

3 Likes

I see.

darn purists

2 Likes

Greg also approved the winning helryx moc

5 Likes

BRO. BRO YPU DIDNT JUST INSULTTHE CLASSICS. Lmao. Actually, these Mocs and the dude behind them were pretty important to the early days of 3D printed Kanohi on shapeways back in 15. The original MoCist behind these learned how to 3D model just so he could create the other two Russian bootleg masks he couldn’t find for Pouks and Kualas. From there, he created what, to my knowledge, was the first 3D printable Olisi on Shapeways, along with a few other Kanohi. These initial masks actually inspired me to take up 3D modeling, and my profile picture on here today is actually the product of that inspiration. I’m not really into the more organic side of 3D modeling, I went more into the industrial side of CAD. Still, seeing these Mocs again reminded me of what started me off.

Also, I’d unironically vote for Hagah that used those four bootleg masks, lmao. It’d be funny to see them canonized in some capacity, plus they aren’t bad designs, imo.

[Edit: I found the original posts from BZP by jimmybob83.
Here’s the relevant post he made on the Hagah - Toa Hagah [Complete Customized Set] - Bionicle-Based Creations - BZPower
And here’s his original post on his old 3D printed Kanohi efforts. This particular thread isn’t super relevant to this canon contest discussion, but I had to mention it because of how influential these things were on me. - http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/16930-3d-printable-kanohi-olisi-elemental-energy-more/]

But yeah, I can see how these have aged.

2 Likes