Toa Hagah Canon Contest Format Feedback

No. Never. Absolutely not.

Thunderthighs Iruini has been the best thing that happened to humanity.

1 Like

Its actually pouks now, its brown and gold, lol

3 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that after I posted it, but let’s just say Iruini decided to get a new paintjob :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We would disqualify this if it were submitted.

9 Likes

To me, it makes sense to allow non-metallic colours that are shiny-fied in the art. However, the important thing is that the metallic colours are shiny in the end.

I understand that, by the exact, conventional, English definition of the word, “metallic” doesn’t necessarily have to mean shiny. But the world of Bionicle isn’t conventional. When every being is largely composed of metal armour, saying that armour is made of metal doesn’t mean as much. That would be like saying your car has “elite” rubber tires.

1 Like

I know it was stated in Nak and Jay #27, and at some point before that that I don’t remember.

1 Like

If that Pouks was entered no other submissions would even stand a chance, its only fair to disqualify it

2 Likes

I’m gonna warn Bomonga that he needs to skip leg day if he wants to make the front page of BS01

10 Likes

Norik: Pouks, are you okay?
Pouks: Sir, I’m trying to sneak past Makuta’s guards to get the Avohkii, but I’m dummy thicc, and the clap of my glute plates keeps giving me away

At least now we know how they got caught

11 Likes

After careful consideration for like five minutes here’s a complete ripoff of the toaskello rules called the ghid rules

because let’s be honest I totally rule

RULES

Contest will be held in two waves: MOC contest, and then Group Art contest. This is so the finalized winners all have a cohesive feel and individual character entries on BS01 can split the image to focus on the respective members. Norik and Iruini’s inclusion in the final contest is optional.

• Torso size must be exactly as wide as a Metru torso and the distance between the front of the chest (with armor) may not be further from the shoulders than Norik’s measurements (someone please get that I don’t have Norik assembled)
  • Armor must cover the upper torso front, shoulders, and upper legs - additional armor is optional
  • Armor must be metallic in appearance or fall under the metallic/reflective spectrum of official LEGO colors
  • Must wield a spear with a tip that matches the armor color
  • Feet must be the same color of the armour
  • Must not wield an additional weapon; a shield is fine but the shield must be altered in the art portion to part 53379 if the moc does not include it
  • Height, stature, and appearance must be comparable to that of the official Toa Hagah sets; entry removal may occur if TTV feels the entry pushes the line (some definitely will)
  • Art cannot redesign any 3d-printed masks but is welcome to redesign preexisting mask designs
  • Pouks must have thunderthighs or he will be dismissed

alright tear it apart

3 Likes

Sounds pretty OK to me, under the assumption we have a MOC contest. I think the generalness of the armor rulings allows a pretty solid amount of freedom.

Might even enter one, now that I think about it.

That’s…that’s what ‘nearly’ means. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Why split it up like this? This feels unnecesarily convoluted.

(I swear I’ve spelled uneccesarily three different ways in this topic and none of them are correct)

Agreed. Either way, it’s a new redesign for an unofficial mask.

It’s “unnecessarily.” Two Ns, one C, two Ss.

It seems somewhat odd to set one of the existing sets as an objective hard limit (for the same reason I don’t think thigh armour should be mandated just because Norik and Iruini use it), though I agree the chest armour probably couldn’t stick out much farther past anyways that without looking weird.

The problem I see with these is that any additional metallic armour will likely result in too much metallic armour. Either you should say that the armour must be in those places, and only in those places, or you allow it to be anywhere as long as there’s a balance similar to the existing sets.

I don’t really see what the point of this rule is. You still need a 3d printer if you want to replicate a model built with a modified mask, so what reason is there to disallow new mask shapes? After all, it is canon that there are Kanohi we have never seen or heard of before:

The rest of these seem reasonable.

Also, on the topic of this:

How would people feel if, hypothetically, Bomonga was a head taller than the other Toa? Or Pouks was a head shorter? Would that be considered acceptable?

A whole head taller? May be much. Half a head? Probably safer.

I personally think using a new mask design for these guys is pointless. We don’t have the right to say what that new mask is, just that it ISN’T their actual mask. So then we get new masks, but have no name or power attached to them. I can see the appeal, but then we just have these canon useless mask shapes.

We COULD give Gaaki, Kualus, or Bomonga a Mask of Emulation though, I could see that working.

1 Like

It’s not related to this topic, but I really need to ask you this.

What the hell is thunder thighs?

1 Like

Serious answer: it was originally a joke about how big Mimic’s thighs were; someone called them “thunder thighs” and the name stuck.

1 Like

The purpose is adding a little aesthetic diversity, because having a line of six clone sets is incredibly boring.

5 Likes

Still think this should apply here.

Do not think this is neccesary fictional metals don’t have to conform to the limitations of a color pallete made of Metallic colors.

Almost forgot that the Hagah being a team there for a second, thanks for reminding me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: