Toa Hagah Canon Contest Format Feedback

Did you mean like this when you said short shoulders?

Or did you have something else in mind?

3 Likes

Moccists could paint pieces, use stud.io, or use a non-metallic color that will be shiny-fied in the art portion

1 Like

Your polls are also specifically about the Metru Build and fail to mention the context of the Hagah Contest and are therefore unusable for these contests because, yes, the Metru Build is for most people the pre-fabricated Torso Piece used in conjunction with Toa-Metru-Esque designs.

It doesn’t account for the fact that canonically the Hagah are “Metru Styled” rather than confirmed Metru Builds, or to account for people potentially having different opinions on whether the Hagah should be mandated to be Metru Builds.

Your polls results may speak for themselves but in the context of this contest they’ve proven nothing that wasn’t already known.

7 Likes

Sorry but how I mean no disrespect here I seriously don’t, the Hagahs basis is the metru build that is factual thing you can check. A hagah figure is a Metru build ergo it’s completely applicable here. As the Hagah are part of this system. However it seems to me you guys have already made up your mind about the rules so whats the point of discussing anything in here anymore.

So just gonna disregard 5 different community hubs opinions then? sounds dumb but hey whom am I to judge.

If the free-for-all or art contest option win, I still hope it has a second art phase to get the whole team drawn in a consistent style.

2 Likes

no such luck apparently.

Someone wake me up when something interesting happens.

I think that’s actually already how it’s going to be run. Reread Mesonak’s original poll.

I think free for all with a secondary art phase is probably the best way to satisfy both sides. But the FFA I’d hope the art submissions be individual Hagah, so we wouldn’t have to compromise on a whole team

Some of these polls only have like 20 people responding so I wouldn’t exactly call that good data

1 Like

Yes.

Because the question of the day is “Should the Hagah Contest Specifically mandate the Metru Build or not?”

The discussion hasn’t been “What defines a Metru Build” for a while here. I am not Disregarding the opinions of community hubs offhand, i am disregarding them because the question they are answering is not the question that should be being discussed here.

You’ve essentially asked what people define a Pie as, when the question is what flavour should we make.

Now, as I’ve said numerous times before, It’s not my call whether we have a poll or not. I would love to. It’s also been said numerous times that we haven’t made up our minds and that we are taking community feedback. You have presented your opinions numerous times, and I literally do not know how to tell you that it’s being taken into consideration in any way other than how I already have. I’m sorry I don’t have a straight answer to all your statements and a final solution to this problem, but the fact of the matter is it’s not my call.

Your polls don’t prove anything that we didn’t already know - the community considers the Metru Build to be the Torso Piece. Unfortunately as the last few days have proven, in the context of the Hagah Contest there’s clearly more to it than just that, or we’d have reached a consensus by now. And as Pylon mentions, their respondent rate is relatively low - too low to be a fully compelling data set.

6 Likes

It’s still data, and feedback and to comment on what is some weird logic from Kini, Many people see the hagah as their set counter parts and what are their set counterparts Metru builds, even to they have a different name they are still part of that said Metru build system. While I’m gonna respect Kini opinion and decision here, I must say I don’t agree in not taking the data into consideration, would they disregard it in the end anyway well then thats that but come on why do you guys think we have so much Hagah in metru form fan creations. I can tell you its not because they aren’t Metru builds thats for sure.

Edit: Either way @Kini_Hawkeye save yourself some time and don’t bother responding to this one, I forfiet. My opinion or my feedback is not welcomed so I’ll leave

What is already a very low data selection is made lower by the fact that we don’t know if the same users voted in more than one poll. This just represents the views of quite literally an infinitesimally small portion of the community.

1 Like

You’re right, I just saw that, sorry. I just wanted my stance to be clear.

Whats the community think of spear tips from weapons like this?

They technically have the metallic color, but are multi colored. However I feel like they could fit in as well. Thoughts?

4 Likes

I personally have no problem with them. The metallic-transparent melded ones especially can work, since they can be looked at as a metal spearhead with an extension made of the element- i.e., the weapon being used.

2 Likes

The dataset is too small. Making inferrences based off it would be poor statistical analysis and is a horrible habit. What’s more, it’s a habit that’s been used WAY too much in regards to this contest. Just like a poll with 30 replies saying “End the contests” shared specifically to people who want the contests to end isn’t reliable data, neither is 20 replies saying “The metru Build is the metru torso piece” when, again, that isn’t even the question.

As for why there’s so much Hagah Fanart with Metru Builds? Probably because the two we know of are Metru Builds. That still has no bearing on whether or not we should enforce a ruleset for this contest that requires the Metru Build.

Seriously unless someone can specifically give me a compelling reason for why we should force people to use the Metru Build that isn’t “Greg said they’re Metru styled” (which we’ve already established in this very topic could be open to interpretation) or “In my opinion the Hagah need to be Metru Builds” then I don’t know what to tell you, because right now I have seen more compelling arguments for allowing custom builds within specific limitations than I have for 100% forcing people to use a specific piece.

It isn’t my call whether we have a poll but at this point I’m well aware of the need to make it a black or white issue. Be patient.

8 Likes

Aight double post because I’m an admin and I can.

The childishness on display in this topic has to stop. My patience has ended with this. If you want to join the discussion, you will do so respectfully, and honestly. There will be no more intentional misrepresentation of others arguments, there will be no anger and childish rage at others for their opinions. If you can’t take a step back before you post and read it to ask yourself if it would annoy you to read, then don’t post it at all. I shoudn’t have to tell everyone to behave like adults.

That said, you all do you. 2 weeks minimum from this point on.

Do NOT test me.

12 Likes

Hey wait a minute, I want that kind of power too!

I think it’d be fine, as long as either it matches the metallic color, or matches the color of the rest of the spear’s haft, so as not to appear out of place on a purely aesthetic level.

4 Likes

Believe it or not, there is such a thing as bad data. Too few, it amplifies the results way more than what’s actually the community consensus. I think having no more than 20 people in total voting in some of your polls is considered too few data points to actually provide useful information. I can make a poll too and share it with my friends and have them say a metru build isn’t necessary and say “there you go, community thoughts.”

In this case, you didn’t specify what the poll was for, just asking what is a metru build.

4 Likes

Ghid Rules 1.5 and measurements post updated because, I am literally a moron and forgot to include the actual smallest measurement: Pushing the hips piece all the way into the gearbox space, like how Whenua does it:

no wait wrong image

he got swagger yes he do

so I apologize for that I cannot believe I missed so obvious a thing I am weeping please forgive me

9 Likes