Toa Hagah Canon Contest Format Feedback

There is only one thing that I’m sure of:

This is how Pouks should look

Thunder thighs and shining pink armor

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Sir Danjus armor is just pearl gold.

If only Pouks could wear the regularly-shaped mask of emulation :frowning:

1 Like

He would be perfect. Unfortunately he will have another kanohi

1 Like

Do we know what a normal mask of emulation looks like?
Do we know what a normal Shelek looks like?

Only one of these is a yes.

found it

I’m still for the moc then group art and no in-between individual art route personally

5 Likes

Question, then:
Why do you think that “moc then group art” is better than “moc/art then group art”?

This isn’t meant to be a Gotcha question, I’m actually curious.

1 Like

Not really. If some people vote for Gaaki A, Bomonga A, Kualsi A and Pouks A because those four designs are the most consistent when put together, and others do the same for Gaaki B, Bomonga B, Kualsi B and Pouks B; slight variations in votes may result in Gaaki A and Bomonga B winning, for example. Now neither group of people got the consistency they wanted.
I don’t think consistent turnout is an issue. The people that work extra hard to try and achieve consistency (likely a minority anyway) will probably engage with all contests.

2 Likes

Are you suggesting that a non-standard Mask of Emulation variant should be allowed?

Say that someone gives Pouks a mask identical to the version that we know of, except they give it fangs and claim it’s a Makuta variant.

Would you:

a) disqualify it for being a Mask of Emulation?
b) allow it to remain as a Makuta-version Mask of Emulation?
c) allow it to remain as an “unknown Kanohi”?

Igils wing is pearl gold and danjus gold is more orange in hue

1 Like

Unlike Hazash, I’m of the opinion that the group art solving a lot of the inconsistency in literal perfect color coordination is not only a given, and the art must be allowed to change elements of the builds, I think it’s far better to jump straight to that and not have an individual round of art entries.

That’s occurring right now.

People have had a lot - a LOT - of time to prepare their Hagah mocs. They won’t need any extra time by any means.

I, personally, don’t want this contest to start and then take three months to complete. Voting by large poll, then small poll, then final poll if there are a lot of entries, and doing that four times over, with time in between for vetting votes and dealing with any controversy that may arise for disqualifying entries? Absolutely no.

If Eljay hecked himself over from the other contests’ voting, the absolute drag this would be on everyone involved is a nightmare that would kill the contest before it began. Something a lot of people aren’t taking into account is Eljay and Meso really beat themselves up to manage these contests, for literally no reward, and I for one am not in favor of anything that extrapolates the process.

Then the group art contest comes along and the TTV cast makes a decision about how the teams should be balanced. Yes, the original artist may be upset that their entirely purist silver Bomonga with a silver Miru Nuva got recolored to gold, given a different mask, and had the speartip changed from a Kohrak Kal shield to something that actually works as a piercing instrument, but changing the mask color and shape was a liberty granted to literally every artist in the past two contests. Extending it to armor color here isn’t that much of a stretch, and this way, you don’t need the contest to take multiple months in order for preset uniformity.

Correct, Danju’s armor color is its own gold.

welcome back

3 Likes

The Makuta weren’t openly evil by that point. I guess some past hero could have worn it, but then why would a Hagah honour someone who gives their mask fangs? Similar issue to the immoral Mask problem.

And definitely either A or C. It depends upon how similar it is to the known mask of emulation. Could it be a mask of unknown that just happens to look like a mask of emulation with fangs? Maybe, since the mask of emulation is just a Kiril with mandibles.

Were I running these contest, I would include a rule that I can DQ a moc if I believe that the mask was meant to emulate the mask of emulation (pun fully intended). I would probably DQ a MoE with teeth – it could work, but why muddy the waters when he can have literally any other mask shape?

I don’t intend to join the argument again but thank u

how did we get to nearly 1500 replies on a canon contest that’s for filling out 4 canister sets

3 Likes

undeciciveness on the rules. Some think we should allow custom torsos and some think we should mandate the metru torso. Some think the former but no customizable limbs or armor, some think the later and that we should have customizable limbs and armor.

some want no restrictions, some want certain restrictions. some wants to allow more colors than metallic lego colors for metals others don’t

hmm. Brickset says that Danju’s shoulder armor is “warm gold” but that it’s also known as pearl gold, and bricklink calls the torso purple.

Does the gold shoulder armor match the gold on the torso?

don’t ask. Retain your innocence.

I only own the torso and the sword but the sword and torso share the same gold

1 Like

What’s the alternative to this? Hagah MOC contests are leaps and bounds more accessible to casual MOCists than the Helryx or Artakha ones, by virtue of them using few and predominantly easy-to-acquire pieces. There are going to be hundreds more entries, I reckon. No matter how it’s run, you still have to vet every entry and every vote.

If you stagger the voting process, it potentially puts it in more manageable chunks for TTV and the mods. If they had to do all four voting periods simultaneously, that would either require additional resources or additional time. If it’s additional time, we’ll just be waiting four times as long to receive any contest result, as opposed to receiving regular and bite-sized results.

1 Like

This.

7 Likes

Only if they are mandated that way.

I again quote the Ghid Rules because I do:

And that still hasn’t been decided.

Yes, now would you rather stay up till five AM for three nights over the course of a month to do that and deal with rude comments and rule-breaking for one month, OR stay up till three AM on sixteen different occasions and deal with rude comments and rule-breaking for four months?

The answer is you don’t have to do either of those things because Eljay and Meso are handling it almost entirely on their own. How nice of them.

They wouldn’t need four months of additional time, only additional time to vet votes. Maybe a whole week. Which is considerably shorter than the entirety of the voting process.

What I said earlier. Nobody from TTV has commented in defense or in protest of any suggested rulesets because any time any of them says something, everyone descends on them like a flange of baboons no matter who they were agreeing or disagreeing with.