Toa Hagah Canon Contest Format Feedback

Looks great!

Yeah, would be interesting to see different chest piece options, though the shoulders are great, really like how those two pieces work together!

On the whole Psionics thing, going to requote my original stance.

Not to sound rude or anything, I do appreciate the feedback the intent with the mask was just to make it a bit more unique while I can see the issue it’s not particualarly something I’d change.

As for the color my Gaaki was originally Orange and Dark Blue but considering metallic colors are most likely going to be mandated I went for the gold color that was closest to the original intended color.

1 Like

there’s no way I’m getting into the color overlap argument again. I’m content to just leave it up to the vote.

Why not use silver?

Because its a boring color imo, I’d rather have my Hagah pop

1 Like

Yeah, I can understand that. Quite a few Toa have used silver already as an armor/secondary color (Nuva, Mistika, Mahri and Inika to a lesser extent) that I get where not using silver is nice. Likely will do something similar with mine, having only one be silver.

I’m planning on making my Gaaki blue and copper. I haven’t decided on Bomonga yet, but I’ll propably make him gold, gunmetal, or copper.

Also, has anyone else seen this picture?

For a long time these where pretty much canon to me, and it makes me sort of wish that the metallic colors were shiny versions of their base colors. It certainly looks interesting.

4 Likes

Dear TTV,

Is it acceptable to use Photoshop to lighten and alter the lighting and shadows of a MOC entry photo, provided that no changes (e.g. recolouring a blue mask purple) are done to the MOC?

Thank you in anticipation

1 Like

Oooh copper Gaaki could look cool, looking forward to seeing it!

Oh, that image is pretty neat, would have been cool to see a metallic theme like that on one of the other hagah teams. Also obligatory meme mention of pink pouks.

2 Likes

Is… is this where that came from?

I haven’t seen this image in quite some time, but…

Also, that Mask of Emulation is the best model I’ve seen yet for the mask.

Finally, (and I could be wrong about this) I believe that image was meant to represent the Hagah before they got their metallic armour. Though that doesn’t explain why Norik still has his Noble Kiril-shaped Pehkui.

2 Likes

Wait… I thought you started it (?)

I agree, but I might be biased since that’s the first depiction I had ever seen of it

That I did.

After being reminded of this image though, I think it’s what nudged me towards that specific combination, and not Pink Kulaus or Pink Bomonga.

Also I think the Metru brown would look awesome with the right shade of pink.

I don’t think so; the other models I’ve seen are way too flat and/or round.

Additionally, this one absolutely nails the visor shape and little forehead horn.

3 Likes

So far they’ve said digital editing will not be allowed, however you may change the background on your picture.

1 Like

No. It was a case of Greg misremembering the color of Iruini’s armor.

Several places, I’ve seen you say that Norik is Gold/Red and Iruini Silver/Green, when Norik is actually Silver/Red and Iruini Gold/Green. Was that just by mistake, or is that how they’re supposed look like?

No, just my mistake. I don’t have the sets and so am going based on my own faulty memory.

Also, edit to avoid double post:

I believe the rule is that the mocs themselves may not be digitally altered. Using software to improve photo quality (light levels, contrast, saturation) should be fine. Photographers do it all the time. Heck, even I’ve done it.

3 Likes

Woah, I think this dead horse we’ve been beating is officially nothing but pulp at this point. Is there ANYTHING else that can be discussed at this point?

Yes. Whether or not all artists should be forced to draw, paint, etc. the remaining Toa Hagah in the exact same style as seen in the comics/graphic novels. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

What colors should the gears be?

this is a joke please no one actually discuss that

4 Likes

WELL PERSONALLY I THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE DIFFERENT COLOR GEARS TO ILLUSTRATE DESIGN DIVERSITY ALSO THERE ARE HALF VERSIONS OF THE GEARS WHICH COME IN RED FOR VISUAL FLARE AND/OR INTERNAL ORGANS

if someone makes pink armor thunderthighs pouks with red chest gears he will be complete; the ultimate life form

7 Likes

are half robots, in fact, alive?

This and more on the next episode of Intellectuality with Ghid.

life

1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.

Toa can’t reproduce, therefore pink thunderthighs pouks cannot be alive.

2 Likes

Yes, that is fine.

9 Likes